Game worth coming back to?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheKovetKong, Jul 18, 2015.

1. TheKovetKong

I played a looong time ago, basically when the game first launched, and quit a month or so after ZOE was nerfed, for perspective of how long I've been gone.

I'm itching for a shooter, and a multiplayer game to fill the void that quitting WoW left, while I wait for Fallout 4 to come out.

Is the game worth coming back to? Is there still a decent amount of action going on, or has the population hemorrhaged too hard to keep it interesting? Thanks.
  2. HadesR

Still a fair amount of action and people playing prime time .. Not as many as there was but still enough for plenty of 24-96+ fights ..

Well unless you play on Briggs then ya SOL :p
  3. TheKovetKong

All of my characters are on Emerald. I was on Mattherson when I started.

Thanks, maybe I'll poke my head in. I already know I'm going to get rolled haha
  4. BlueSkies

Still plenty of players and you know... its free... so its not really a huge investment to come back
    • Up x 2
  5. ValorousBob

I've been playing consistently since launch day and I still have fun, you just gotta find people you like playing with.
  6. VoivodPure

This game remains epic. The little noise when you kill someone and their name pops up is very nice. Throwing a grenade over a hill and killing five people and a sunderer is still pleasant.

My computer doesn't like it as much as it used to, but that's my problem.
  7. f0d

ps2 is much better after having a break i have found
    i usually have a 3-6 month break every 6-9 or so months and it makes ps2 much more fun that just playing it non stop

when you return you are like "why did i even leave?"
  8. Gremmel

There is action but the meta have gone completely to **** and the updates have completely stopped. At least for now there's still people playing but it won't last for long unless they actually start developing the game again.
  9. soeguud

I'm in the same boat too. Not sure if I can be bothered updating, to be honest.
  10. sIcGER

...update game files

...launch game

...play

...stay or leave

...done

why do ppl even ask 'is it worth to play?'

go figure
  11. Ransurian

Depends on when you're playing, really. Snobbish, immature zergfits like GOKU tend to ruin the fun on Emerald whenever I'm on, for some reason. Aside from that, it's not bad.
  12. n0pax

I would highly recommend avoiding it personally. I came back and got hooked and now hate the game again and I want to quit, but I cannot peel myself away from it consistently. The game is a trainwreck and up until recent weeks was hemorrhaging players at an astonishingly high rate.

There are no longer patches coming in for the PC version. They do incredibly minor tweaks or add 1 little item every 6 months or so, outside of that there are no patches. All resources and PC gamer's hard earned cash spent in the store are used to develop the PS4 version (read: finishing their unfinished game) and porting the game to our last hope and savior, Xbox One.
  13. FLHuk

Recently had a two month break.

Came back to find plenty of new and exciting bugs but managed to enjoy several hours of cheesy tank play none the less :D

It's free, why not just give it a go!
  14. Halo572

Yes, because F2P gaming revenue models build in players taking 6-12 months off of a title at a time.

It certainly worked for Super Mondey Night Combat, most of the playerbase for that have gone on a near permanent break to leave those normally 54 players and SOMETIMES UP TO 115 to keep the flame lit.

But to be fair the last developer activity there was 2 1/2 years ago.

SMNC always gives PS2 something to aim for.
  15. FieldMarshall

For some it takes like 4-5 hours to download and install, and another few hours to figure out if its worth it.
    Sometimes you log into PS2 on a bad day where there isnt a lot of action, so add another few days to figure out if its worth playing or not.

The real question is why would anyone want to do all that when they can just make a forum post,
    and have people who have been playing for a while give insight into what the game's like now.
    Took him like 3 minutes to get a reply.

Go figure.
  16. Crator

There's still people playing, especially on Emerald. The devs haven't made any changes to the game in a while. Mainly due to them being sold off to another company. They are planning to start adding more stuff in September.
  17. sIcGER

but what ppl post here are their own opinions... he has to play the game himself to figure out if its worth to play (for him) ...
  18. IamDH

I found the game was great after i took a break. I suggest you redownload it and just give it a shot.

There are no longer crazily OP items being released these days
  19. wazdar

VS keeps on zerging on emerald, so you should be fine, just join one of the zerging outfits like dapp or goku and you'll be fine
  20. Liewec123

coming back is really fun, you forget how fun large scale FPS can be,
    it just gets old over the long term, but having a break and coming back is great, thats what i did :)