AV Grenades

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Against vehicles they should be stronger.

It should be the same damage/strength as a Decimator.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/NS_Decimator

As you can see by the link, it would take X amount AV grenades to destroy Y vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hatesphere

As they are right now I think they are fine. In close range AV work they are pretty much unstoppable damage, and great for boosting your alpha damage when you pop out of cover for a second to fire a rocket .

More damage might be nice, but its something I would caution against, since again its pretty much unpreventable damage in many cases due to their new sticky nature. It might be better to flatten the throw arc slightly and maybe give it a tad more volocity.
  3. FieldMarshall

4. teks

Absolutely not. No way.
  5. Scr1nRusher

I'm talking about AGAINST VEHICLES.

Have you actively used them vs vehicles?

Don't forget how clientside interacts with things that stick.
  6. JohnGalt36

Oh look, another thread of someone wanting to be able to do more damage to vehicles as infantry.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. Scr1nRusher

hahaha

Also If you seen my posts over time..... I've been wanting Vehicles to do better against infantry for a long time now.
  8. JohnGalt36

Yet you advocate buffing AV grenades, which are a preposterous weapon anyway. A grenade... that damages main battle tanks which are designed to resist armor-piercing tank rounds.

No.
  9. LodeTria

Would have to nerf the heavy's grenade bandoleer then.
    I suppose it could become like C4, where it ignores directional damage, but it should be somewhere between rear and side armour.
  10. JohnGalt36

My prediction is that within the year, we'll start seeing "remove tank" threads from Infantryside. There are already too many ways to deal with tanks.

Why don't you people play infantry-only games?
  11. Scr1nRusher

I don't want a Infantry only game.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Anti-Tank grenades have a big history from WW1 to WW2.

PS2 is more or less WW1-2 in space.....
  13. JohnGalt36

My mistake, you want an infantry game where people only occasionally pull vehicles for niche roles, which can be destroyed easily by infantry. More of a vehicle gimmick feature than an integral part of a combined arms game. At least, that's what most of your (and other infantryside players') posts lead me to believe.
  14. JohnGalt36

Cool. Let's give infantry WW2 weapons. Dibs on Bockscar with Fat Man.
  15. ColonelChingles

I'm pretty sure those two eras of history... 20th century world wars and 29th century combat... are quite distinct.

In fact one of PS2's major flaws is that it does try to dumb things down to WWI combat where infantry played a much more major role than they do in modern combat (much less futuristic warfare).

I mean we don't even have WWI artillery or chemical gas that at least provided a reasonable check to the unwashed masses of infantry.
    • Up x 3
  16. JohnGalt36

I mean, if we're going back to WWI, let's take away lockons, laser beams, C4 fairy jetpacks, stealth libs, hornet missiles, and respawns.

You've got a deal, Scr1n!
  17. Scr1nRusher

XD
  18. Scr1nRusher

well to be fair PS2 tanks do need some love........
  19. FateJH

Voila.

Scr1nRusher is actually closer to one of those "(irrationally) buff everything" types. His Lancer and Vortex thread is a rare instance where he leads with a nerf call over a direct buff.
    • Up x 1
  20. Hatesphere

At this point you should provide ly stop if your only argument against a change to the AV nade is that it's "preposterous" they even work at all.