I need Socket Error fix please help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CARunner, Jul 10, 2015.

1. CARunner

Every-time i open up the PS2 launcher it fails to load and a message pops out saying Socket error and some other things. I really need a solution to this problem because i can't play the game anymore :/

Note: I haven't played the game in a while and probably missed out on some updates and
    possibly downloads needed to play the game so keep that in mind that i might have missed
    some important download or settings for the launcher / game.

Thank you , I hope my problem will find its solution...
  2. breeje

do you play on windows 32bit or 64bit
    PS2 dos not support windows 32bit anymore
  3. n0pax

Your OS is banned from playing this game. Upgrade to a 64 bit OS is your only fix or switching to PS4.
  4. CARunner

How do i upgrade to 64 bit OS? Sorry I'm not a Pc pro lol xD

Can i get instructions on doing so? Thanks!
  5. FateJH

For starters you need a 64-bit compatible motherboard and processor. (I don't think they make hardware in terms of personal computers that isn't 64-bit compatible anymore. You should check just in case, in any case.)

Next, you will need to install 64-bit Windows. If you have Windows XP, god help your soul. Otherwise, you just need to use your Windows installation disk and select the correct installation. Assuming Windows 7, Microsoft has a page for basic instruction stuff.
  6. (ops1)FallenHero

:( i miss the old days about a year ago when planetside 64 bit first came out that week it broke 32 bit me and my five friends fixed 32 bit in a half a day all we need to do is get the right dx files thats all and the same for 64 bit ]lol the next update that week removed 64 bit because they thought it was broken ... think small that's all we did to fix it . the best part we all were getting 60 fps maxed 5 of us are 1 friend was getting 40 to 50 fps most of the time he gets 15 to 20 never playable just that week. then 64 bit removed he could never play he was so sad even when 64 bit came back out nothing was like that week best fps ever and the 4 of us lost 10 to 5 frames. know 32 bit removed ok that is so dumb...........................:mad: