Get rid of free to play

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by x7xBillyDaKidx7x, Jul 10, 2015.

1. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Get the hackers out by making them pay to play. I dont care if you are broke and cant afford to play a game. If you pay money to play you wont want to use a hack and get banned !! Havent played for a while ,came on tonight and saw outfit FS604 or some ******** flyn 200 meters in the sky shooting guys with rockets. Come on Daybreak you can do better !!! micro transactions and free to lay games are a no win game !!!
  2. Campagne

As a free-to-player, I'd be okay with this... Provided that most/all micro-transactions are removed and anything in-game can be obtained with certs.

However, this is not going to happen because it will produce much less revenue for SOE/DBG over a free-to-play model.

Hackers are annoying and can ruin a game, but forcing an upfront cost to play is not really the best solution, I think.
  3. St0mpy

noted, filed under: never going to happen

NEEEEEXT!
    • Up x 5
  4. FateJH

Hey, Billy, haven't seen you since--May, I believe?

*check post history* Good call.

My feeling is you're going to clean the rest of the place out by switching to subscription-only now, not just the people who exploit.
  5. n0pax

The game's population is already dwindling so lets make it b2p to empty it out faster? No.
  6. Archiadus

I feel sorry for anyone that actually believes that.
    • Up x 1
  7. f0d

it hasnt stopped hackers in other games that you have to pay to play why would it stop them in this one?

look at battlefield games - you have to pay a lot to play them and they are full of hackers
    • Up x 1
  8. FieldMarshall

1. Pay to play has never stopped hackers in the past. What makes this different.
    2. Have fun playing with like 70 other guys during primetime in your ghost game.
    • Up x 2
  9. Pointyguide2

pay to play will be the death of this game.:(
    • Up x 1
  10. breeje

it looks to me the game is already blowing his last breath
    i don't think it will last to the end of the year on PC
  11. BrbImAFK

This is a terrible idea. Hackers screw up the occasional day. No F2P will kill PS2 permanently.

Closure of the reserves programme was pretty much the end of PS1 and I'd lay odds that it would be similar for PS2, especially since it was F2P to start with, rather than always subscription-based.
    • Up x 1
  12. HadesR

* Looks at H1Z1 *

If you say so ...
    • Up x 1
  13. Crator

I don't think that will stop the hackers really.
  14. Pikachu

It will make 90%+ of players leave.
  15. Isokon

People have been saying this since as early as 2013.
    • Up x 3
  16. ZDarkShadowsZ

Just because someone plays for a subbed game doesn't necessarily mean they themselves paid for it. Despite there being age ratings on many games, it doesn't stop younger people playing them since it's the responsibility of the parent to enforce such restrictions. Therefore, a parent could easily pay for their child's subscription but it doesn't necessarily mean the child will actually care how many money their parent is forking out just so they can play.

That said, even if a person is paying for a sub, it doesn't exactly prevent people from hacking entirely. Granted it may dissuade them, but it does not prevent it. I don't play H1Z1 but the amount of hacking complaints I've seen since its paid release have been enormous.

PlanetSide 2 is already suffering a decline in players as a free to play game. What do you think will happen when people are forced to pay to play it? Oh, that's right... you don't care.

Micro transactions are great for people who can't necessarily afford/don't want to pay for all-access but would like to slowly build up their account over the course of time. Having both an all-access program and micro transactions is fine as it is.
  17. Skiptrace

Well, in this day and age, a monthly subscription based system is becoming less and less appealing. Look at how horribly Planetside 1 did compared to Planetside 2.
  18. vanu123

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.
    • Up x 1
  19. Pikachu

First server merge was in late february 2013. :) Even back then there were few people on Amerish. Meaning two continents were populated as it is now.
  20. breeje

yes your right
    only now we have more ghost towns and less players
    one epic fight, the zerg fight
    all of this and other stuff makes me conclude the game is near death on PC

i really hope i am wrong, PS2 is my favorite game