Anyone else annoyed about open squads without a leader?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gremmel, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Gremmel

How about if a platoon or squad leader want to leave, his options are only transfer leadership or disband. Not this bullcrap random player X gets leadership of a now completely useless squad. Honestly it's like whoever is in charge of design at Daybreak is actively thinking up waysto drive away new players with. It seems to be the only think they do well. Screwing themselves over thoroughly at every opportunity they have.... so tired of game developers not being held to the same standards as all other service providing businesses, or any standard for that matter.
    • Up x 1
  2. stalkish

Agreed.
    Although, what would happen when a squad leader inevitably suffers a disconnect. Pretty sure atm the lead defaults to the next person in the squad?
    Perhaps when the SL leaves the squad a menu pops up that asks:
    1. Disband
    2. Pass to selected player
    3. Default to 2nd in squad
    I think we would need option 3 for when the SL disconnects, but id like option 1 to be the automatic option is the SL ignores the menu questions.
  3. Gremmel

Any actually designed multiplayer game have workarounds for disconnects. Even Evolve that piece of crap had a bot take over your character if you d/c'd. Then just put up a notification that says something like "This squad no longer have a leader and will be disbanded in 5 minutes" Since notifications don't dissapear until you're looked at them no one will wonder what happened. And put a "Take control of squad" option somewhere on the squad page if someone actually wants to take lead.

Now as I'm saying this I realize this would require at least 2-3 hours of coding from a experienced UI programmer so guess we're ******.
  4. DK22

No. I've been in Lone Wolf Squads before, they have their place too.
  5. Dgross

This existed at launch. DBG didn't code it, and honestly it works like this in many FPS online games that have squad systems.
    Communicate with the squad. That's what the squad vox is for.
  6. Gremmel

haha communicate? You're more likely to be called names than anyone actually listening to a random guy in a squad.
  7. Gremmel

Yeah if that place is to show new players the worst this game has to offer. Instant Action putting them into a spawn room with a 4 to 1 disadvantage while the rest of their squad are on three different continents
  8. Dgross

Okay Debbie Downer.
  9. Pirbi

Ideally the PL is not alpha lead. So that in the event of a disconnect, alpha lead is someone you know in TS. That will be the guy that gets it first. But I've also had both PL and Alpha lead dc at the same time. So nothing is foolproof. And yes, the game seems to magically give PL to the most AFK lowest BR. So you get back in and need to wrestle it back or break it and start new. Disincentivizing for people running open platoons. It should recognize the outfit running the platoon. Then give PL or SL to the player in the same outfit with the highest outfit rank. But i'm not holding my breath for that.
  10. hostilechild

One use for these squads is simply use them to redeploy somewhere across the map. When my outfit isn't running any squads, i just squad hop to get to the fight i want. (and the bonus exp for ammo/repair squadmates).
  11. DK22

Meh, your game style isn't everyone else's