this would be an even better game if...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheKharjo15, Jul 7, 2015.

1. TheKharjo15

...the developers would put an anti-hack in the game.
    I'm saying that assuming they know how to script it.
  2. n0pax

It purportedly has one in addition to the newly commissioned GMs sending out game wide broadcasts when they ban someone for hacking.
  3. Jubikus

yeah hacking has gone down lets hope it continues
  4. Crator

Possibly, the cheat isn't detectable by their anti-cheat or was at one time and has been modified to circumvent it. Or, the specific cheat being used can't be prevented by anti-cheat and has always been there but is being used more due to new players.
  5. TheKharjo15

i'd say you guys download some of those cheats, and see how they work.
    Just saying, cant take any zones when an idiot with flying hacks snipes us from the sky
  6. TheKharjo15

also try a range ban on their ip (in case you didn't)
    most of these guys change their IP and come back in minutes
  7. FateJH

We issue HWID bans for more sticky banning solutions.

In the end, no method that remotely asks "are you cheating?" is foolproof and no local method of asking "are you cheating" is secure. The only thing that truly keeps cheaters down is diligence.
  8. Utrooperx

I have seen several "System" messages announcing the banning of "cheaters"...this is encouraging...but the unfortunate reality is a banned player can be right back in 5 minutes...and even "spoof" a HWID ban...but then be more "discrete" to avoid detection...
    • Up x 1
  9. Lemposs

I know what would be even better, people not being absolute ****head cheaters, but that I am told that is too much to ask of humans :p
  10. Udnknome

Some people have more fun trying to figure out how to go around anti-cheater programs than they do actually playing the game. I don't think that will ever change. As someone said before, the only way is dilligence.

At some point all you can do is know your vulnerabilities and round robin the patches so those guys hacking have to spend more time outside the game hacking ways around the security than in the game actually exploiting. Eventually, this costs those making the programs more time than it's worth and they stop.

Honestly, if all they want to do is grief, there's far easier games out there to grief on.
  11. Crator

Perhaps the cheat makers do have fun, but aren't they mostly in it for the $$$? They make a living at creating cheats to sell them.