The farming is REAL on PS4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMan, Jul 3, 2015.

1. McMan

Look at what happens when someone buys the big guns this early into the game. (Also this is not my video)
  2. axiom537

That's really not about owning a big gun. But, rather using it on people that are clueless noobs.
    • Up x 2
  3. HadesR

Can never be as bad as the PC release ...
    • Up x 1
  4. Demigan

And this is why all players should have gotten ground-based AA options from the beginning. Also, tons of people not knowing how to play and fly, up against the few people who did on the PC version and know how the weapons work... It's a recipy for disaster.

Still, PC launch had more terrible weapons... The Rocketpods of then were much more powerful than the Zepher of today, both in damage against anything and AOE, not to mention a bigger magazine and being used by the pilot.
    • Up x 1
  5. toast2250

[IMG]
    The evilness is real even on PS4.

Hey guy,.. where are you when you pummeled me for how wrong I was on how things will develop?
  6. steadyhand

we discovered during one of the tower fights that the TR will just going up one lifts, so we all ran to othed on the air pad and then just farmed,for 10 minutes just sold none stop farming killing 100s of players and they all blindless martched up to the pads and then killed more in the open fileds and finally back at their sundy

it was just awful im sure we just made some newbs quit the game for good :(
  7. Osskscosco

Shooting bio lab platform with grenade launcher for 100 kills per 10 minutes was not bad!
  8. CorporationUSA

I can't imagine the farming be anywhere near as efficient with a controller. No counter recoil headshot burts to make the ttk with lag -0.2 seconds.
  9. orangejedi829

What's that sound?
    Oh, right - it's the sound of new players leaving the game forever.

It's like. "You having fun with your infantry-only fights, PS4 kiddies? WELL WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD OF PLANETSIDE, WHERE FUN'S NOT ALLOWED! GET FARMEDD!!!"
    • Up x 1
  10. Regpuppy

You're forgetting the many other deadly explosives that were nerfed since then. Like pre-nerf Zephyr:eek:

-of which, I have mixed feelings from being on both sides of the barrel.
  11. McMan

This is the big problem. That new players leave because the are not having fun by being farmed. It means less population and less potential money for DayBreak.
    • Up x 2
  12. FLHuk

When the pop starts going down let's all remember this has all happened before...
  13. Sovereign533

Oh, don't forget the Zephers of old. Able to WRECK a whole infantry zerg and then murder all their Sunderers =\. Fun times, beta.
  14. HadesR

And just after release where SOE ****** off for two weeks patting themselves on the back and eating cake while the game turned into LibGate ..
  15. Konstantinn

LOL. Lib farming clueless newbies. They'll figure out liberators can't be ignored sooner or later, learn to counter them, then it'll hardly ever be a good farm. But for now, enjoy.

PS2 is not a type of game where you can decide something like "I'll be playing infiltrator today", oh no. Have to keep switching classes/roles/vehicles depending on situation constantly. To some it's part of the fun, to others it's a source of frustration.
    • Up x 2
  16. Cheetoh

80% will leave for good in a few weeks once the kids are back in school and big new games start releasing.

It will be, "Planet-what? Oh yeah, that POS."
  17. KirthGersen

67? I got 150+ once with Zepher (PC ofc). And one or two guys have made 500+ streaks.
  18. toast2250

Don't worry. They can still farm resources and power the bases etc etc,.. oh wait.

Smedley made a list of nice features to implemented and went straight for MLG scene.
    Like an athlete that doesn't prepare for the games.

Come on man, they didn't even have a spectator camera which is like,..
    This is not even funny or amusing in any kind of way.
  19. Taemien

So when are the 'new players' in all these games (I see this same argument in every PVPish game I play) are going to be expected to just up their game and adapt?

As it is right now, its possible to beat a game like Planetside. All one has to do is get a largish outfit together and work together at just destroying the other factions. Not just winning alerts. But sitting outside their warpgates and denying them air. Finding small groups and demolishing them till they log off.

Once you've worked a faction, turn to the next and do the same. Do this over the course of a few weeks until the server is emaciated of players. This is possible as the servers are already losing 300 active players every 6 months on their own without help.

Once a server is done, pick another. Do this till the game is shutdown.

Jerk move? Possibly. Depending on how you look at it. But there are benefits beyond the personal one of 'beating the game'. You get the over-all online gaming world to look at what is possible, you get developers to see what 'could' happen to their game. You get people talking.

Should this be possible? Who's ultimately responsible for preventing this from happening? When does fun end and competition begin? Are they mutually exclusive? I don't expect anyone to answer these questions now. Your opinions are what they are. But I would actually like to see what I mentioned above happen, and see what people's opinions are after that fact. When the game they played was killed by another group of players' actions.

Would they blame the players? The devs for allowing it to happen. Their fellow players for not fighting hard enough? All of the above? Would make for a good social experiment.

I've seen it happen in Archeage on a server scale. You'd be surprised where the blame goes. It goes EVERYWHERE. Its pretty crazy actually. Its not pretty, but at the same time fascinating. Kind of like a train wreck.
    • Up x 1