Is there any way to fix a problem with TKing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntiFox08, Jul 1, 2015.

1. toast2250

I know how it works, I play the game.

If some one asks about it if its awkward and/or would need improving then yes.
    So,.. its in a box right now,.. well it always was on my part,..
  2. Iridar51

EDIT: Lol sry, I didn't actually read the topic. What I say is still valid, just not on topic :p

There are two kinds of team killing, intentional and unintentional. There's very little intentional TKing. There could be a system to instantly punish (weapon lock) players who have done 100% friendly fire damage, but it can always be fooled.

I mean, you won't really weapon lock a newbie for a bad grenade throw? So the system wouldn't trigger off grenades. And there you go, whenever someone wants to TK someone, he'll just use sticky grenades. System fooled. And even if he gets the weapon lock, he can just switch to another character without a care in the world (unless you weapon lock the whole account?).

It's very hard to create an intelligent punishment system for intentional TKs that couldn't be fooled or abused. Same goes for player-controlled actions, like "forgive / punish".

Like I said, there's very little intentional TKing from what I've seen, so I'm not even sure it's such a big deal. And outstanding outliers can be dealt with DBG itself, on a case per case basis.

Unintentional TK happens, and will happen. It's just a thing people have to get over. More often than not, both parties involved are at fault anyway. It just takes courage and self awareness to admit "yeah, maybe it was my fault too".
  3. AntiFox08

I think they could add some sort of system. I mean if someone has a peashooter and kills someone at full health and armor, that means he continuously shot that person, and nobody does that accidentally. Maybe they could detect a pattern like that and disable someone's weapons based on that. I was irritated because someone else in a Mag hit mine when I was trying to avoid missiles, mine flipped, and both our tanks blew up, giving me 3 tks. Also, their choice of words is very poor. I shouldn't have to exercise caution if I'm constantly firing on someone and a Sundy drives in my path (with my FPC projectile in mid-air already).