CPU Problem [German] / [English(Bad English..)]

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gaulo, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Gaulo

Hey, ich habe seit einem Update, leider weiß ich nicht genau welches, das Problem, dass mein CPU nach einer gewissen Zeit meist unter voller Auslastung arbeitet. Das bedeutet warum auch immer, dass mein CPU von jetzt auf nachher von ca. 50% Auslastung auf 90%-100% springt. Ich bin total hilflos, denn das passiert nur bei Planetside 2 in anderen Spielen ist das nie der Fall. Außerdem habe ich alle Einstellungen auf "Sehr Niedrig" gestellt und genau darum weiß ich mir einfach nicht mehr zu helfen. Vor der gewissen Update war alles optimal ich konnte ohne ruckeln ohne alles perfekt dem Spiel nachgehen. Ich sollte vielleicht noch erwähnen wie sich das ausübt mit dem CPU. Und zwar ruckelt das Spiel dann einfach nur noch mit 10-18 FPS durch die Gegend und mein Sound fängt an zu stottern. Mein PC:

Windows 8.1
    CPU: AMD FX(tm) -6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 650
    RAM: 8,00GB

Hey, I got a problem after an Update but i don´t know which. My CPU is jumping from 50% utilization to 90%-100%. This problem i get only in Planetside 2 all other games i played are fine. All of my settings are lower than low. I can´t do anything lower and i´m very frustrated. Before the Update was comming out Planetside 2 is running perfect... I should say what is happening when the problem is comming over. My game is going to freeze and i only get 10-18 FPS and my sound is stuttering. Please can someone help me.. I such love this game..
  2. Pointyguide2

Check your power options make sure it's not set to powers save also reset all three power plans to default. Use the balanced one for game

Update your Nvidia drivers to the latest.
    Open your case and clean it
  3. user300115

Do what Pointyguide2 said, then continue with this:

Download HWMonitor and check your temperatures ingame. Make a screenshot of the window and upload it.
    Also check your CPU clocks with CPU-Z while playing.
  4. Gaulo

The Power options are normal (default). But I did one thing. Windows + R -> msconfig -> Start -> more settings -> And i saw in there column was picked 1 processor so i picked 6 processor. So my game is still freezing but not so hard how before and my cpu is going to round about 80% but not higher. And here is the Screen from HWMonitor

http://abload.de/img/cpubildw2k3t.png
  5. user300115

The HWMonitor screenshot looks fine.
    That is a weird one. Usually the checkbox at processor count shouldn't be selected. This way Windows will always use the maximum number of cores. Manually selecting "6" is fine in your case but remember when you upgrade to a new CPU you may have to manually select the number again.
  6. Gaulo

Thanks for the fast answer. But what can i do now? I don´t have any ideas. Also i had planetside new installed.. didn´t work.
  7. Gammit

I would recommend setting it to maximum for this game. Don't let that CPU throttle down.
  8. Gaulo

so.. i should set on maximum in the power options?
  9. Maxence822

I would recommend going into your BIOS and turning off the CPU throttling options.
  10. user300115

That's not necessary. Setting the power plan to max is enough.

I use a little script that changes the power plan to max performance while playing Planetside which is very convenient. But using max performance as default is no problem aswell.

Anyways, only set the power plan to maximum if you notice issues. It will not increase your average FPS but it will give you more stable FPS especially when using CPUs with 8+ threads.
  11. Pointyguide2

Balance works fine for everygame. And I don't see any fpa difference between high perfance and balanced. Balanced just makes cpu run at full speed at all times resulting in higher idle power usage.
  12. Kirppu1

Check 4 of those columns
  13. Maxence822

I had some problems with my FX 9590 where it was clrashing my computer every 10-20 minutes. I disabled all the power saving features in BIOS and have not had a crash since (worth noting that it also brought my idle temps up from 25 C to 40 C, but actually lowered maximum temps from around 80 which was way too high for my taste to 73 C while running torture tests)
  14. user300115

But this is most likely not relevant to the Intel Platform.
  15. Gaulo

It works?? But I don´t know why :D I played the last 1 1/2 hours with this option and it works!! Thank you all for your posts!
    • Up x 1
  16. user300115

Can you make a screenshot of the msconfig window where you set those settings?
  17. Gaulo

18. user300115

That is odd. Setting 4 means that you deactivate two of your cores meaning you throw away one third of your performance. I am not sure how that could help you and I would assume a placebo effect behind that.
  19. Pointyguide2

Edit: I meant high performance
  20. Pointyguide2

ya what he said.