The final solution to team killing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Jul 1, 2015.

1. TheKhopesh

There's been an influx of players from Korea running around TKing +300 friendlies in a row over a course of several hours.
    I don't care if a few tankers who run down friendlies are punished for less than a minute and hypothetically get killed under the most contrived of circumstances once rather than remove the constant and increasing number of intentional team kills out there.
  2. ColonelChingles

I don't think since WWII have tanks had "windows".

Nowadays it's all periscopes. Either using mirrors or digital technology.

[IMG]

It even comes with itty bitty windshield wipers! Squeeee! :oops:

[IMG]

So shooting someone through a tank viewport would make about as much sense as:

[IMG]

At any rate, tanks are not supposed to be equals to infantry. Tanks are supposed to be far superior to masses of infantry. That is why it is proper for tanks to be able to do things to infantry that infantry cannot do to tanks. :D
    • Up x 2
  3. JohnGalt36

Your proposed system could still be abused. Take, for instance, the Flash driver who decided to keep ramming my tank so I'd get a weapons lock. If you pissed someone off, they could follow you around and purposely get killed by your vehicle just so you would be perpetually weapon-locked.

I've run into a few people who would do that.

So, still, no.
  4. Iridar51

I know, just trolling a bit, mr. tank-know-it-all.:)
    • Up x 1
  5. WalrusJones

Return fire? Actually, wait, terrible idea. Then it just becomes no team deathmatchside.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheKhopesh

And my saying "I don't like this tanker. I'm gonna pull a lib and tankbust him every chance I get", only to never be locked because of it is better?
    I don't know what you're on, or what you need to be on, but something is clearly wrong with your brain if you think that's the best solution.
  7. JohnGalt36

I never said no weapons lock, I'm saying I'm against a mandatory 30 second lock for one TK.
    I have no idea what you read that gave you any other idea.
  8. HAYMAKER

• Up x 2
  9. TNTerminator

I think reflective damage for players who have had a couple or certain number tks within a time period would be good.

Weapons lock for repeat offenders within time period.

Also when I intentionally tk a bunch of ppl (usually I know them) i dont get weapons lock, yet 1 accidental or BS tk 3 weeks later and its weapons lock for 3hrs, its very buggy and needs fixed.

When on weapons locked players should still be able to use support equipment like ammo packs, medic tool, etc.
  10. n0pax

I like the OPs idea although it's a bit extreme. Perhaps do it if the same person TKs you twice within an hour or 3 times during one reset.
  11. JohnGalt36

I've accidentally killed the same person twice (once 3 times) in the same hour. For some reason, certain engineers try to help out by repairing tanks behind the tanks, despite the warnings on various loading screens advising you not to stand behind tanks.

If someone is dumb enough to do it once, chances are they are dumb enough to do it twice.

The current system is fine. Making the weapons lock happen quicker may net you more purposeful TK'ers, but you also end up locking people's weapons who just have to deal with idiots on their team. Leave it be, if someone is being an idiot and TK'ing, report it and announce it in chat.
  12. ferlinco

Very bad idea, no no no! Everyday I get tk and I too tk others. If other player keep tking their weapons will be locked. I think this is good enough. When I get tk I just move on.
  13. n0pax

The issue is the current system does not protect a person from an outfit mass tking them. I have been the target of a mass tk by large outfits on two occasions so I am speaking from experience. If it happens at off peak hours you are done, either get tked nonstop or log off because going somewhere else is not a viable option. Then if they continue it into the next day, which one of my two did, you are just out of luck. You must contact the outfit leader, in my instance DA, and ask for help and hope they intervene (in my instance they did).
  14. JohnGalt36

Personally, I would more often run into the inconvenience of weapons lock from idiots getting killed by my tank than mass TK'ers like you describe. I had one guy who had it in for me, but reporting him seemed to solve it.
  15. UberNoob1337101

LOL no, just no, because all my teammates are already the most useless braindead people in the entire game, making them more useless because they don't bother to aim is stupid, just reducing friendly fire damage by 10% is fine by me, since it wouldn't mean that you are bound to die because the idiot that is shooting you is trigger-happy and won't stop shooting because the enemy he's shooting just happens to be close to you.
  16. Liewec123

i guess you've never drove your vehicle 15m away from an ally and roadkilled them and then have them childishly stalk you for 15 minutes just so they can blow your vehicle up.
    do you really want the option for a temp ban left in the hands of these vengeful A-holes?
  17. FieldMarshall

I think people who teamkills someone should get a 30minute timer where all the damage they deal to friendlies is also reflected back at them.
    People who play normaly whouldnt notice much.
  18. stalkish

Er what? o_O
    I never saw a punish / forgive option in over 10 years of PS1. Unless it was part of BETA and soon removed, i played since release and dont remember ever seeing it.
  19. Sovereign533

The current system is ok in my opinion if not a little TO forgiving maybe.
    The way it works is that you will get locked if you tk a certain amount of people in a certain amount of time. I know neither the amount of people and the amount of time since it would give griefers a limit to their griefing. And they could just stay 1 below.
    However, rolling over 20 people at the same time will count as 1 teamkill towards the count.
    C4'ing or Grenading multiple people in 1 hit also counts as 1.
  20. stalkish

Should have recorded the incident and reported the entire outfit. Pretty sure this classes as 'bullying' and is totally against the TOS. Banns should be made in this case if its defo an entire outfit intentionaly preventing you from playing, especially if it continues into the next play session.
    People used to get banned in PS1 for this exact reason, infact outfit leaders who condoned this behaviour were also banned once (there were other reasons aswel) and that was a permanent ban, not just a suspension.

Should be a non issue for devs as far as im concerned. 3 day ban for anyone involved AND the outfit leaders whether they were there or not.
    Then again DGC taking its TOS seriously, LOL sorry, i forgot they give special titles out to exploiters.....