No regen-implant after BR 24. RNG?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by actionpark, Jun 23, 2015.

1. actionpark

Hmmm...am I just unlucky or is there something wrong with the drop-rate for the regeneration-implant at the moment?

So after latest updates I noticed better performance and got back in the game. Started a new character (https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/8264249680813101857/stats) to rank up fast with the beginner-certs and everything is wonderfull.

But after BR 24 I still haven't dropped a single regeneration implant. I have got like 10 chargers + every other tier 1 implant many times over. Even used 10 of those 'extras' to try and craft a regeneration 2 implant (no luck).

I really don't want to go med-kit on this character because I already have Tank Mines, C4 and Bouncing Bettys on different classes. So much more fun than Med-kit.

But im close to giving up on this. I play around like normal but often feel like I need to redeploy when badly wounded just so I can switch to medic and heal up. Feels lame.

So...am I just unlucky or have anyone else noticed regeneration implant not dropping lately?
  2. SKuLLdRaG3

I believe that you are just unlucky. I sometimes too don't get any implants for a long time and other time i get loads of them in one play time. Just play and eventually you will get one.
    • Up x 2
  3. FieldMarshall

I got one and im BR100. Dont worry, only 76BR's to go.

Oh btw, a T2 impant dropped for me a few days ago. Just wanted to share that if anyone was curious about T2 drops.
    I dont use any boosters or membership.

Also, a tip for getting things to drop faster:
    Not sure if this works anymore, but it used to be that classes who gets lots of XP ticks had a higher chance of getting drops (if i remember correctly)
    Not sure if its still like that, but engineer ammopacks and max repairs would get you impants quicker.
    Preferably while also having a parked repair AMS.
    • Up x 1
  4. actionpark

Hmm okey thanks for the encouragement I'll keep trying my luck then..

Edit:

Hmmm maybe im just mad cause bad luck, but would it not actually be a good idea to make regeneration the free "default" implant instead of Improved Targeting? What do you guys think about that?

Most new players would get more imidiate benefit from this change dont you think?
  5. Goretzu

The problem is it is now very difficult to tell between unlucky and bugged.

The drop rate is so low now, after they nerfed it, that it would take ages to reach a state where you could genuinely start to say "I'm/it's bugged".

So you're probably just unlucky.

If you work out how long it is likely to take to get 1 of each of the upper teir implants (never mind 1 of every tier of implants) purely through drops (and combines)...... you'll probably do what a lot now do and just ignore the whole system until something you want to use drops. Which is about the only way you can approach the new implant system without being driven mad.
    • Up x 1
  6. St0mpy

You could always surrender and buy some 5 packs with certs until it arrives? (dont buy the 3 packs). I personally have not noticed any change in drop rates since my last survey.
  7. actionpark

Yeah pretty much..but my problem with this solution is that it sort of implies using medkits. I don't want to do that.
    If you want to ignore implants 100% that is FINE if you use med-kits. But if you play with C4 or Mines you REALLY WANT that regeneration implant :/
  8. Ceiu

Spoiler alert:
    None of the implants are good enough to completely change your playstyle*. Regeneration is nice, but if you're ever in a situation where you'd really like to use a medkit, even with regeneration you'll still really want to use a medkit. Tier 4 regen might be an exception, but they're not sustainable with the current drop rate. I suspect the only people running T4s long-term are people who played a ton pre-nerf and amassed several hundred/thousand chargers and ultra chargers and have, effectively, infinite energy.

* Long-fall actually might, depending on how often you're playing as a non-LA class, and how often you find yourself falling to your death.
  9. Isokon

Improved Targeting is useful whether you are infantry, tanker or pilot and its effect can't be substituted by any other means.
    Regeneration is only really useful for infantry and its effect can be achieved by medkits, being a medic or being around medics.
  10. Goretzu

Yeah, unfortunately there's no way to get around the RNG gods. I think someone else complained about the regen implant a while ago, so there is the possiblity it is bugged.

Not sure if the 3 of the same tier thing works for Teir 1, but if it does that is another way to get the Teir 1 regen implant.
  11. Regpuppy

Don't know about the drop rates, but I wouldn't obsess about the regen implant so much. Most higher BR's don't even use regen at all, preferring clear vision or EMP shield to counter concussion and EMP 'nades. Both of which you can live without just fine, especially if you don't do hardcore point holds.
  12. actionpark

Update for those who care:

Just turned BR 30...still no regeneration implant dropped. However, I managed to craft a Regeneration 2 implant with all my surpluss implant. Got lucky on the fifth try :)
    • Up x 1
  13. Taemien

Good luck on 3 or 4 :D

I've got 3, but no tier 4 implants yet.
  14. Goretzu

Nice at least you've got that.

I've been having a Charger drop drought recently, again hard to know if it is bugged or just as the drop rate is now so appallingly low unlucky streaks are harsh.