[Vehicle] Anti-Liberator Loadout

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Jun 22, 2015.

1. JohnGalt36

Thanks for the advice! I'm usually in an AP MBT, and when I solo I use the Ranger for scaring off ESF's that come down straight on top of the tank.
  2. zuka7

The irony of someone asking for advice with 20hr ESF playtime shooting down Libs. Let's get ego's out of the way. Fly a Lib on the edge of 96vs96 and see how it goes. You will get your answer but you have to wait for everyone to render first. Something like 50% chance of escaping with 0-20%hp. That's when you swoop in afterburning in reverse for an easy kill.
  3. Jawarisin

Well, I'm just going to help you out for that youtube channel. You shouldn't talk about what to do on a certain subject without making sure you know what you're talking about.

The air loadout you suggested is completely wrong; and although I won't bother correcting it because I'd laugh twice as much if the dumbo decided to use this.

Also you should try to be precise, "maneuverability chassis" doesn't mean much (though I know what you mean).
    So yeah, that would be my criticism. I don't mean to be an *** or something, but I got was a newb once, and I remember listening to what everybody would say, and amongst the missconceptions which have no place of existing is the one you just said. And ANY half-pilot will be able to tell you so, it's mostly an urban legend I think.

Well anyways, feel free to msg me if you want details on this, but I won't be posting in this thread. Knowledge like this should be kept out of peasants hands, not that they would ever dare using it, for fear that they might ascend. (I can be poetic too!)

I might not answer for a few days though, we'll see. Anyways, good luck.
  4. JohnGalt36

What are you talking about? I have flown 20 hours doing A2G with occasional ESF engagements. I have generally flown the other way when I've seen Liberators. I am genuinely curious as to what people use against Liberators on their ESF's and if it's different than the standard dogfighting loadout, which it seems to be.

I don't think irony means what you think it means.

I like that this thread, with the intention of getting advice, has served to rustle skynight jimmies. I guess I'll put that in the bonus points column.
  5. y3ivan

120AP prowler has better chance of killing a lib than a skyguard.
    • Up x 1
  6. Booface

Best is to pull another Lib with a specialized anti-Lib loadout.

Composite armor ups the number of Dalton hits required to down you from 3 to I think 6 or 7. Zephyr shots required to kill you turn into something ridiculous and unattainable. So you're basically immune to 90% of other Libs.

Then throw a Shredder on your belly gun and get a decent gunner. The reason you use Shredder is because it ignores Composite armor (in case they have it too), it does steady reliable anti-Lib damage which pairs well with you being nearly invulnerable to return Dalton shots, and it is pretty close to the Dalton in terms of anti-ESF capability.

Throw a Vektor on the front and Walker on the back. You're already going to drastically outdamage any Lib you run in to, so you want something with good reach to keep him from getting away.

Afterburner for chasing them down like dogs, and whatever airframe you feel comfortable with.

The only thing in the air that will give you trouble is another Lib that's spec'd out the same way, or a swarm of 4+ ESF's (which you should be able to at least fend off with a Walker and Shredder).
  7. Booface

You can't aim lock-on launchers while falling anymore, sadly. Not since they removed mid-air aiming down the sight. Though the free-fall hipfire accuracy on most launchers is small enough that a Decimator will still get the job done a good 20% of the time, or if you're TR you can use the Striker (omg) for some reliability.

Light Assault with Drifters plus the Hunter with explosive bolts is surprisingly good at finishing off air, btw. With a laser sight it's remarkably accurate while you're jetting around. Plus you have the option to C-4 if they hover or move straight at you.
  8. JohnGalt36

This is the problem. I wish my (equally as expensive) tank was immune to 90% of other things on the ground. Meh, that's another conversation, though.

How many certs do you think you'd need to soak into an anti-lib Liberator before it would really be useful?
  9. zuka7

It's ironic because you call liberator OP and then wreck some 2/3 Lib crew three times repeatedly, and on the fourth try they rammed you. You are asking for advice on how to wreck 3/3 Lib crew with 20hr of ESF play time. How op is the lib again. Most pilots will tell you that a standard A2A load out is the default nose gun and afterburner which is also the best against the lib. Your sky night jimmy's are all but gone.
  10. JohnGalt36

Literally my only 3 Lib kills in an ESF. So I have killed exactly one pilot. Conversely, I have been killed thousands of times by thousands of pilots in libs.

Your jimmies seem rustled.
  11. zuka7

Do not forget to rustle reverse maneuver jimmies and all other jimmies in this game with your irony. When all of the jimmies are gone you will be one of the jimmies.
  12. JohnGalt36

Something something irony jimmies something jimmies.
    [IMG]
  13. Ulas

I don't know if u read my previous post... but here is the loadout I would use.
    Rotary afterburner hover fires sup nanites auto repair. Why not lockons well a nose gun out ttks locks if u land all of ur shots. U can try having hornets which can help against a bad Lib crew I would suggest keeping yourself away from the belly. If they are be able to point their dalton at u hover and extra AB will help u dodge. Also having a friend with u might be a good tactic.
    • Up x 1
  14. JohnGalt36

Thanks!
  15. Taemien

So he's not a cert farmer, why wouldn't he have a say in this discussion?

Your likes to post ratio is atrocious.. and the funny thing is, as offtopic as it is, it has more bearing here than your claims of KDR.
  16. Ulas

Its a shame that a simple seek for advice has created such drama. Guy simply asked for help with taking out libs and he tried to do it the way we told him to do in the forums And some wombats are squeaking all the time.

If these people were a little polite then air community wouldn't have such a bad image. I feel sorry for these people.
  17. JohnGalt36

It's all good. I don't take the internet too seriously. Besides, I sort of expected that reaction from a few people on here.

... and thanks to all who provided me with advice! I got what I needed. Hopefully, this thread can now die without too much more rage from certain people. Haha
    • Up x 1
  18. Jawarisin

Well yeah, folks don't like to be told they are wrong. Especially not by better players than them. They feel cornered, then they lash back and group up. They can't understand it.
  19. oberchingus

That's very poetic. I'm glad I've equipped a violin for reading your post.
  20. Jawarisin

I'm extremely poetic. And I like hunting little H-Ecussers.