[Vehicle] Anti-Liberator Loadout

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Jawarisin

Bah, ignorant, which is not an insult. Stupid is an insult, ignorant simply means you don't know something. But I guess you were also ignorant of that, or you wouldn't of taken it as an insult.

But yeah, I won't bother going too much in details. All you really need to know is that yes I'm better. Both in the air and on infantry. I don't know about tanking, but my guess is tanking also (looking quickly at that banner of yours). I won't bother going to look at your stats because I know what I'd find there. Instead, here are the name of my characters, feel free to look them up on your favorite stat websites:
    (from highest BR to lowest)
    JawarisinNC
    JawarisinV
    JawarisinTR

So yes, I'm DRASTICALLY better. It's not bragging, it's factual. Having difficulty admitting you're not the best is being childish, think on that.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jawarisin

More like someone like you or him who barely manage a 0.5 k/d would have a hard time killing me with a heavy even if I was in cqc with an infiltrator and the worst pistol you could make me use.

Kind of the same in the air, even with an overpowered weapon, you're so bad I'd win anyways. But not everybody is as bad as you.
  3. Taemien

The only reliable way to solo a 3/3 lib is to ram it with a Galaxy.. and don't miss.

Remember, 3/3 means three players. They are just as dangerous in the air as it is meeting them on foot on the ground if they were infantry working in close concert with each other.

But it also doesn't mean its impossible. Your job is twofold:

1. Destroy the Lib
    2. Keep the Lib from doing its job.

Number two is often overlooked. Because lets face it a juicy lib kill is sexy. But if you distract a lib you just took 3 people out of the fight. That means you're up by 2. Sometimes having them chase you is worth more than killing. If you kill them, chances are they'll respawn and join the fight on the ground or get another lib. But if you lead them on a merry chase for a minute or two... that's like camping them for 5-10 rewpawns.. aka getting 15 kills.

Ultimately a great Lib crew will be too tough to crack, at best you can distract them. But they'll move back to repair. That's fine, you're taking them out of the fight.

But here's a little bit of advice. You don't really need a specific loadout. But what I will use is my typically A2A loadout of Rotary and Coyotes or A2AM. Rotaries do reduced damage over range. But Not too much reduced. And Libs are big targets so the Cone of Fire isn't too bad. You can nickel and dime them to death, cause them to retreat, or cause them to chase you.

If a Lib decides to give chase, do NOT wait for it to start moving towards you. Libs have surprisingly good speed. The moment they turn towards you, bug out, get some distance.

Also if you decide to dogfght with a Lib don't start the fight with any of the crew knowing you are coming. The back of a 3/3 lib has great visual coverage, the sides are covered as well as the front. But from the top front or top sides is a weak spot rarely focused on. Attack from there and try to stay there. Eventually the tailgunner will get a fix on you. At this point you'll need to decide if you can win through attrition. It'll depend on if you can land all your shots or if he can. Just never let the belly or the front point at you, all the weapons from those locations will utterly wreck your ESF.

If your better than the Lib team, you'll win. If skill is about average.. you're probably going to have to bug out. Do so when the tail of the Lib is pointed in the direction of your escape route. This way if they give chase, they'll get wrecked by friendly AA or other passing ESFs. Or if they really get ticked, you can reverse maneuver at the warpgate and fire upon them from invulnerability. They probably won't be able to make it back to safety if they do this. But don't expect them to go that far.

Remember any time they don't ignore you is a win. And Libs can't ignore ESFs for too long.

If you really want to reliably take out a Lib, use a wingman. Giving two targets to shoot splits the DPS, especially if the ESFs are very close to each other, it makes it hard to choose which one to finish off for the tail gunner. Just make sure you're using similar camo's. This is from my own personal experience tailgunning. Two ESF's that look the same makes it tougher to focus. Whereas if one has a wacky camo and the other doesn't makes it easy.
    • Up x 1
  4. HAXTIME

My Liberator gunner once killed a near-full health Scythe with a shotgun after it gunned us down, 600m+ altitude. With a Blackjack.
    • Up x 1
  5. JohnGalt36

Thanks for proving my point about pilots!
  6. Ulas

Didn't have the time to read all of the replies but here's mine.

I personally don't have problems with people using lockons or coyotes but I don't think it is effective against libs. Since libs are a pretty huge target it's easy hitting them and if u are landing most of your shots your ttk will be much higher. Since dalton can 1 shot u and tail walker has a **** ton of damage potential extra after burners for some extra dodging and escaping is more efficent. For the default gun I would say rotary /hailstorm. Racer is good but if u are facing a good lib crew and they are having no problems taking dalton shots hover will be better for extra dodging.
  7. Hatesphere

Guess I hit close to home.
    • Up x 1
  8. JohnGalt36

>Make thread about how to irritate dedicated lib pilots.
    >Irritate the most insufferable lib pilot on the forums.

Overall, a success.
    • Up x 2
  9. ciider

Equipment: A gun with a lot of ammo, afterburner, nanite auto regen, fire suppression.
    Priority list is as follows: ESF>Gunship>Galaxy-with-crew>Valkyrie-with-crew>Galaxy>Valkyrie

If being targeted by ground AA, abort on any contact, if being targeted by ground MG you 'can' continue unless the Gunship uses MG too.

It is ideal to start the fight from as high as possible, as far away as possible.
    Gunships can fly vertically upwards faster than ESF's, ESF's fly faster forward/downward.
    Dalton cannon 1 hit kills, you need distance to dodge the rounds, with enouth distance he will not hit.

If he is on the same level as you and you cannot go down, fly away.
    If he is on the same level as you and a good pilot and you can fly down, fly down.
    If he is on the same level as you and not chasing, fly up.
    At all times predict the terrain far in advance to avoid loss of distance.
    • Up x 1
  10. JohnGalt36

Thanks for the advice!
  11. Jawarisin

Guess I hit home.
  12. PanzerGoddess

skyguard + stealth + fire sup + rival = much fun vs libs, at least it makes for some fun interesting times. Since I cant fly worth beans....feel free to check my stats....I am probably in top 20 worst pilots lol. I think for the most part I fly to do stupid things and have a good laugh :p

Most typical skyguards wont actually take a moment to see what is around you on the map as well take a moment to see what terrain u have to use.

Tips that seem to work well for me, yes always the clause of against any 3/3 or even a 1/3 pro libby pilot, if your solo sky good chance you will lose unless you have the draw on them first...and literally from a huge distance.

1. Don't stay in one spot. Shoot and move.....a moving target is a lot harder for a lib to gut you from behind or makes it harder for them to dive bomb u.

2. turn if they are chasing, if you are facing them fly under them while turning. If its just a pilot good chance you will make it out, 2/3 or 3/3 well its a toss up. If the Dalton round goes up your rear...game over.

3. As everything else, learn to lead the target, I don't use zoom at all, if Im moving at full speed nothing worse than trying to use zoom and maneuver...just feels awkward. Watch your map for rocks and hills etc, you can shoot and move and use move for the most part to navigate on the fly.

4. Have fun and if you die tis what it is, Ive seen pro lib pilots to some crazy.....stuff and Ive died plenty of times to them. Any libby who has killed me or died from me more than once both ways can vouch for me Im one of the few crazy tank drivers out there.

5. Or put on ap rounds and see what kind of luck you can get.

Libbys can be hard to kill regardless if your just one skyguard unless they literally let you, typically you should have plenty of time to get away from one sg if your a libby pilot and survive, can be close at times but majority of the time you should be able to live.

and to "Jawarisin".....lol some players are better than others........If I did nothing but airplay my k/d would look something like this : 0.0000015 I can imagine. Its all hearsay though lol,

I love a good libby fwapping whether im getting it or giving it. Its the moments when you get that pucker feeling when you see the horns on a libby going straight for you.. LLLLEEEERRRROOOOYYY!!!!
  13. Jawarisin

Thanks for proving me right.

Your k/d is 0.6

I was right.
  14. Jawarisin

Awwww, am famous!
  15. JohnGalt36

I never said I was good, ever. Where are you getting that number, anyway? It's about 1.5, unless you are talking about my ESF KDR, which is 2.8, not that I give a ____ about KDR. Some of us just play to have fun.

You are the only one chest-thumping about how much better you are, like a typical skyknight.
    • Up x 3
  16. Hatesphere

That would require hitting anything at all. Good day sir.
    • Up x 1
  17. Jawarisin

I guess everywhere is home to the one who doesn't own his own head.
  18. Jawarisin

Nope, 0.6 is your infantry k/dr. Everything else is pretty much meaningless. but looking at your stats page, you're not really good with anything anyways.

But yeah, I'm not scared to share my stats, because they talk of my competence instead of my incompetence - like yours.
  19. JohnGalt36

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  20. Certs-For-Days

Well, for tanks, your best choice for anti-Lib is a Skyguard, but lightnings don't handle very well after a tank buster-Dalton-bulldog combo. Try an MBT with the main gun being AP and the top gun being either the walker or the ranger.
    As for air load-outs, I would suggest the following:

TR: Rotary with no zoom, better mag size, and increased ammo capacity. Ability is fire extinguisher, with secondary being either coyotes or afterburner fuel tanks. Add maneuverability chassis and composite armour and you should be good to go.

ATTENTION: I have a YouTube channel that is just starting out and I would love feedback/constructive criticism to improve my videos. Thanks for checking out my channel if you have the time. Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnoculoptGaming
    • Up x 1