How Do You Feel About ADADADADA Tactics?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jac70, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Maniaboo

My take on this is ADADAD is perfectly viable tactic if your doing it yourself. But if you have macro'd it you should be ashamed to play a game of this calibre. Go play Donkey Kong Macro boyz it your level of game ;-)
  2. Ulas

I get that some players have low performance and I have nothing to say to them But for the ones who get above 40fps and good ping how do you not hit someone in front of u.
  3. Dgross

Imo they should add player momentum.
    • Up x 1
  4. Corezer

make strafe speed 90% of current, increase base ADS speed (.5) to .6

This keeps ADS strafe about the same speed, while taking .75 ADS weapons from a 50% strafe advantage to a 25% and it reduces warping by hipfire strafers (who are most capable of the effect)

or you could just... not do anything to something that isn't really broken... to those of us not running windows 3.1 anyway...
    • Up x 1
  5. IamDH

Fairly certain this issue has been dealt with a long time ago.
  6. Zorro

I do wonder how it was dealt with?
  7. IamDH

I think a small amount of momentum has been added. I just tried it ingame and its slower than I recall it
    • Up x 1
  8. Crator

I believe at one point there wasn't any slowness to it at all. It's been a while since they did this.
  9. CapEnTrade

Quit crying about ADAD and learn how to bloody shoot! This is a bloody FPS not a final fantasy game!
  10. TheFamilyGhost

Its the oldest move in the book, and quite natural. If you can't ADAD, nor deal with it, then you need a few years more in FPS land.
  11. SamReye

A few games slow player movement if you hit them in the legs, this could easily be applied to PS2 since there already is detection for this, apparently. It'd also make aiming an initial shot to the player's legs viable if the movement debuff was noticeable enough. I think it'd be cool to get a support bonus if you just shot at a bunch of peoples' kneecaps to slow them even if someone else mops them up because of it.

Just a thought.
    • Up x 1
  12. Certs-For-Days

With the ADADADADADADADADADADADA stuff, if you continually jump, the game's engine thinks that after about 5 consecutive jumps, your boots should be polished and lathered with butter and soap, then placed on Esamir's frozen lakes trying to run for a few seconds. While this is a great balancing mechanic, there could be a tripping feature, like there's a certain chance that you fall and can't use your weapons, but only if you're doing ADADADADADADADADADADADADADA, and the chance of tripping gets higher the more you use ADADADADADA and jumping at the same time.

If you guys could take a moment to check out my YouTube Channel, I'd would greatly appreciate that. I upload every other week now and would appreciate feedback and constructive criticism so I could make my video quality better. Note: I'm getting a new PC tomorrow so I'll start uploading more PS2 related videos starting next week.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnoculoptGaming
    • Up x 1
  13. ArcticRunner

Direction switching and crouch speed could use a nerf.
  14. OldMaster80

That's exactly the best way to treat it: adding hard coded acceleration to infantry strafe.
  15. Keldrath

They should remove the ability to move while aiming. It really breaks immersion.

On top of that we should all be forced to stand in a line, single file, and move only in formation. Then we can honorably stand and fire at our opponents like in the good old days.