Hackers again, even in 64-bit game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Garmus, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Garmus

Change the game to 64-bit version apparently did not help much, today a hacker with TR MAX appears at Crossroad Watchtower killing everyone inside a Tower. Of course SCU was perfectly fine and safe, I am talking about blatant hacking.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/8264249680813478593/killboard

It is now a month after the ban wave in H1Z1 (same Forgelight game engine), will we get some working anti-hack soon or should we just left the game because it will become playable only for hackers? It is already a month and 2 days, hacks still working, no GMs online to immediately catch a hacker etc. This is getting ridiculous.
  2. Joseph L.

Hi Gammus,

Switching to x64 client will make no difference at this moment I guess. We will have to wait until they deprecate the x32 client (which hackers use) and implement a more robust anti cheat algorithm serverside.

Cheers.
  3. Joseph L.

Hey, and the hacker appear online while I'm writing this line.

Shame on GM, really.
  4. Ulas

[Sarcasm]
    This is an alt. Don't u see this is pure skill... İt's such a shame u try to get this honest ,very skilled alt banned cuz he's more skilled than you.

[/Sarcasm]
  5. FieldMarshall

He is also advertising his cheat in /y, telling people to go to his blog.

Lets hope someone DDOS's it and/or finds and posts information about where he lives and what his name is.
    Maybe that will scare him off for a while.
    • Up x 1
  6. Joseph L.

1920 kills in 3H3m.

Is so notorious that is really hard to understand why the actual anti-cheat system do not caugh them. With the pop declining now, even if nukes existed in PS2, this kill rate and KDR is obviously impossible.

A simple counter will do.
  7. Eternaloptimist

Yup, my first ever strong indication of a hacker was yesterday - a TR Max gunning me and others down while we were inside an NC spawn room, even crouching behind console. UNless there is a new bug where Max bullets can go through spwean shields like grenades used to =S
  8. Crator

AFAIK the 64bit client doesn't prevent all cheats.
  9. richard harding

All i know is his website has been taken offline, guess he wont be yelling in chat so much for a while
  10. FlR3

And another one who is part of an Outfit on TR (Emerald) teleporting around, aimbotting, able to use spawn tube inside the spawn room to kill everybody making it hard to report him/her/it because of just mowing everybody down. Nothing but a bunch of POS lowlife script kiddies. We can't name and shame here on PS2 but you yourself DBG are naming and shaming these lowlifes on H1Z1 and in-game chat on H1Z1 so what is the problem? It's time to start contacting the cheaters ISP's and report them for DOS so they can lose their internet on said ISP's. Suspending them for a few days or letting them just make another character does not work after being banned.
  11. HadesR

Guess it might only help WHEN they implement the new anti-cheat system ..
  12. Pointyguide2

Nice kd ratio he got there
  13. Psycho13

14. Bindlestiff

Easy, repeatable steps:

1. /report
    2. Last Killer
    3. Go somewhere else, or if nowhere else, log off.
  15. Talthos

DDOSing the hacker, I love it. That would be something awesome, right there. Harsh, but awesome.
    • Up x 1
  16. Migs

Are you just mad that he killed you? the KD/R and SPH along with the fact that he gets killed by tanks and infantry prob just means hes made a new character that he only wants to play infil on, and it seems hes decently experienced at sniping

And to address the topic, what does discontinuing the 32x client have to do with stopping hackers at all? the game is client based so changing the data being sent to favour you will be easy
  17. FlR3

1. I know this and tried as I have done it many times before but as soon as I could bring it up I was killed again inside the spawn room and it would go to death screen. I just logged off as many were trying to report the same person. I won't say their name or the Outfit but I know the leader of the Outfit they are in and will report it to them. It's not my first ballgame.
  18. Certs-For-Days

Well, the x32 client was terminated not too long ago, so there should be a decrease in hackers. I agree with the fact that hackers are very annoying and DBG should do a ban wave like they did with H1Z1, but that might take a few months for them to actually get around to.

If you guys could take a moment to check out my YouTube Channel, I'd would greatly appreciate that. I upload every other week now and would appreciate feedback and constructive criticism so I could make my video quality better. Note: I'm getting a new PC tomorrow so I'll start uploading more PS2 related videos starting next week.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnoculoptGaming