hiding behind your forum name

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spiritualised, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawarisin

I'm quite happy when I see a forumsider. Though usually they recognize me, not the other way around. The only exception is a guy called Scr1nCrusher who's also on reddit. He claims he spent so much time in the air... I never saw him there. So everytime I see him (he's always on the ground) I send him a message saying "Still fighting on the ground?" or something akin to that.
    • Up x 2
  2. Dgross

Welcome to the Internet.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kentucky Windage

My God man that's insane. I'm not sure I could ever be that good. I'm mediocre to poor and will probably remain as such. I do give em hell as best I can and even have glimpses of greatness only those moments are fleeting and they always end when I wake up:D
  4. Jawarisin

It really just depends on how much try-hardism you want to do. You can crank the audio of SFX and decrease everything else. You'll be able to hear footsteps clearly and locate people EXACTLY just with their footsteps. Then you can play a bit safer, and a few things like that. Obviously, a minimum of skill is required, but overall, it's not that hard. It just means you got to try-hard more. Instead of just running ahead and gunning down folks
    • Up x 1
  5. Liberty

Real talk for a second here. Anyone who tells you, you need a bunch of 20+ kill streaks per day is in that mediocre range of "good players". If you are getting a bunch of 20+ kill streaks as infantry you are either camping a defendable spot or not pushing, which really doesn't make you a good player.

Looking at SolX with a quick glance, if REINF34R and SugarTR tell you your bad, then that might be worth listening too. Most everyone else either can't (or barely)break 3 K/D or fall in that 30-50 KPH range.
    • Up x 1
  6. Mythologicus

There's the thought that you're regularly getting 20+ kill streaks against other players. If you're legitimately killing that many people before you die on a regular basis and you're called an 'average' player then I think some people are seriously confused as to what 'average' actually means. I think it's more a case of the 'better' players inflating their own egos than actually giving a fair rating, because you can't utterly dominate a vast majority of the playerbase and then be told you're of middling skill immediately afterwards.

- An average player.
    • Up x 4
  7. Meeka

I'm real easy to find when I'm playing... you just have to watch http://www.twitch.tv/steelprincess
    Sometimes, it makes being (primarily) an infiltrator a *****, because there's some people who admittedly use my stream to purposely try to hunt me. :p But, I do enjoy the challenge. ;)
  8. Leftconsin

I'm not surprised you still affirm I'm bad.

Like I literally took a couple days off after raging out for HATING how much I can't improve in this game for all the effort I put in.. I looked at my NC, which I played just heavy. I had a 25.25 KDR and 51 kills per hour. Still likely in your bad range.

I am at least glad you, YOU, can still come in and call me bad. I am a totally pissed off at how much I try and try and try and just fail over and over again. no idea why I try.
  9. Timothy Pearson

I believe you just shrekt him
    • Up x 1
  10. Kirppu1

Agreed the Original Poster is one of those: "I Wanna harass you because i don't like you" type of people, and rightnow he should shut up
    • Up x 1
  11. Liberty

Hah! You kind of missed what I was trying to say in that : You shouldn't look to Solx to judge your performance, especially anyone who says you need kill streaks like that to not be "garbage".

Everyone operates at their own level and some people are better than others at certain things, which is pretty much the way things work. If you try to compare your stats to every other player out there you are going to have a bad time because there will always be someone better. I can name half a dozen outfit mates off the top of my head who are better than me, but I don't so much try to hit their stat levels, instead just focus on improving my own which is what you should do.

Set your bar to improve based on your past performance, not what others around you are doing. You will be a better player if you know your limits and your weaknesses and play to them rather than trying to match someone else.
  12. eldarfalcongravtank

hmm that thread title sounds suspiciously like taken directly from a diss track

"nikka i seen ya hiding behind your forum name
    so i knew dat weak-a** punka**boi iz to blame
    quit frontin, bring ya heat up, loze ya fame
    dont never step to a killa in dis rap game"
    • Up x 1
  13. TheDarSin

Getting multiple 20+ kill streaks per day on I can only assume are brand new players means nothing. Sounds like you need a new outfit Leftconsin. I wouldn't stick around with that kind of abuse.
  14. Leftconsin

So why do you and I mean YOU personally insist on entering every conversation I'm on to tell me that not only am I a bad player, but everyone I associate with is a bad player? SOLx didn't tell me anything about performance levels. Pretty much you are the only one doing that to me. And every single time I go off practice some more, come back, and you move the goal posts on me. That person I was talking about originally is actually specifically you.

[IMG]

This is my past performance. You are the one to keep coming in here and telling me that not only am I bad, but nearly everyone in my outfit is bad. You are the one who is misunderstanding this thread. You are the very reason why people don't post stats in this forum. You can't help yourself but show up and declare they are a terrible player.
    • Up x 1
  15. orangejedi829

Poetry.

On an unrelated note, I would love to see one of these mystical godlike players post a video of one of their 30+ killstreaks. Let's see if it's not just a total farmfest of some nubs.
    • Up x 2
  16. IamDH

gravity tank bringin' da fire
    But i'll spray his body around Hossin like fertilizer
    A murderous word supplier - because unlike the magrider, you'll never tire (tyre)
    Want my ingame name? Its insane like hussein, you name and i'll shame.
    Can't rap? Tru dat. I'll end this rap.....queue the audience clap

BOOOOM. man i suck at rapping
    • Up x 1
  17. Corezer

IDK what this is, but what I do know is that he called everyone tossers, which means he is either European or a wannabe, which means he wears skinny jeans, choking off testosterone flow from his testicles, which is why he is so sore...
  18. Liberty

Well I'm pretty sure of the reason you are catching flak from outfit mates at this point. I literally told you to play for yourself and don't worry about what other people are saying and that the people who are calling you "garbage" are wrong. Yet somehow you turned all of that into a personal attack against you and your outfit with a healthy dose of self deprecation and victim complex.

Don't be that dude who is always down on himself, fishing for praise or playing the victim. Up until this point, I've never really had it in my mind to say anything negative about you or your performance (and still don't on the performance side of things). Are you the best infantry player out there? No. Do I care? Nope! Do I find it off putting that an outfit who largely doesn't reach the bottom rung of the infantry tryhard ladder (3.0 K/D 60KPH) would tell another player they are garbage? Yep! And I'll happily call it out.

Have fun, don't be a stat chaser if personal improvement ends up frustrating rather than enjoyable. I came from a zergfit where most of the players seldom broke a 1 K/D but running in squads with them on TS, they were having an amazing time.
  19. AlterEgo

I honestly would name everything with Tobusco after a certain title. My VS alt is DarthTobusco, NC one is RamboTobuso (that typo killed it:(), and my TR one is DictatorTobusco. My TF2 username is LordTobusco, my Heroes and Generals username is AuraxianTobusco, and my WoT username is CommandantTobusco. I love Tobusco:D
  20. Liberty

I tried to get one tonight but shadow play managed to screw me over with some sort of error. :( 30 kills in around 10 minutes between 1 attack and 2 defenses. *Note* I don't claim to be god like, it is more a matter of pacing yourself to not over extend and being able to win some 2 or 3 v 1's when you get in situations where you do. Other than that it is really just a series of 1 v 1's where you can outshoot the other guy.

[IMG]

Until I get a chance to play again (might be a few days with work), enjoy this short clip of the proper reward for aggressive players. :p

• Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.