Buff lolpods

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DaRealNattyIce, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Ulas

Lel. If u make this change it means more farm for experienced pilots. Accessible?? I just laugh at this Pls be my guest ar a private server ... public servers often don't have good pilots *cough* anyone I would consider pilot*cough*.

I will give your 1cent tho this natty ace guy is talking nonesense right now...
  2. Ulas

You can send 3 rockets in the time it takes to reload a flare. Such counter measure much wow.
  3. Dgross

This guy is a PS4 troll.
    He says buff them, but in another thread posted earlier today he said remove them.
    And he called himself the greatest ESF pilot in another thread.

A troll with an ego.
  4. TheDarSin

So you're saying just sit there and keep firing at the ground and ignore the threat that's just engaged you? What are you trying to say, flares are the only option? If someone using lock ons engages you; you turn and fight them, run away using terrain to break the lock ons and use stealth. Stealth will also considerably increase the time it takes to lock on. There's plenty of tools to combat lock ons but unfortunately, it will reduce your ground farming abilities. Everything comes at a cost depending on the current meta a at a given time. You decide what cost that is. If you want to play something static and generic there's plenty more options for you. Planetside keeps changing all the time and if you want to sit back with lolpods getting farmed by air, that's your problem.

I should probably point out that "you" refers to everyone complaining about the air locks ons and not just directly targeted at you Ulas.
  5. Ulas

I am not talking about grounder and anhilliator. A2A lockons are not dodgable has very low reload time long range and terrain won't work as you can send rockets back to back.
    Also I said buffing lol pods is none sense
  6. TheDarSin

Only time you should get surprised by air lock ons is when you're engaging someone or farming ground. You'll probably get hit by at least one and when that happens you should have engaged evasive manoeuvres. Once you start dog fighting the lock on user, chances are he wont be able to get an other lock on fired unless you're giving him a chance to keep locking on to you. Remember that he has to keep you in that tiny reticle of his and if you're just sitting there trying to trade with him you'll lose every time.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ulas

Then it shouldn't be a problem to increase reload time so you force people to use nose gun but help newbies lighten tough pilots...
  8. Flag

http://ps2.fisu.pw/killboard/

Search, set to 1000 entries, there's your list.
    • Up x 1
  9. TheDarSin

No need. If you're so skilled as you say in your other post in a different thread, lock ons shouldn't be a problem. You should know by know on how to counter A2AMs just by engaging your target.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ulas

You can fire a2am from a ridicilous range you know...
    Can u link me the post where I say I am sooo skilled.
  11. TheDarSin

Not that ridiculous if you turn around and hit the afterburner towards them while pulling evasive manoeuvres.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...skilled-players-outfits-on-vs-connery.227843/

Making the assumption that you are the arbiter of skilled people therefore implying that you are skilled yourself.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ulas

Why is it a problem to make lockons easy to use instead of a finisher. It's not supposed to be a finisher. I mean at least make them dodgable.

What I told up top about aces is what connery people told me. And what I noticed...

Skill is something relative also i didn't overestimate my own skill but I believe I have enough experience to differ different pilots.
  13. Maljas23

Truth post here folks.

@OP: Please just stop posting.
  14. Haquim

Thanks Flag, much appreciated.

During my last 1000 kills and deaths (cant show only deaths apparently), there are 5 scythes mentioned.
    Two of them were destroyed by me, one destroyed me by ramming me in a dogfight, one death by LPPA and one by VS lolpods
    Not a single Reaver appears.
    I got killed 5 times by a Liberator.
    Since I usually have about 1.5 k/d let's assume that those 7 airkills are out of about 400 deaths.
    That makes 11 out of 400 for a whopping 1,75%.

Yeah I understand why people are scared ****less....
  15. Ulas

A2G is not at a bad state for most. My only problem is lockons being finisher instead of a helper.(A2A locks ofcourse). We have no evasive maneuvers to dodge them they have ridicilous range and reload times.
  16. IronMouse

No. Nerf ESF.
  17. Ulas

How about ... no^^
  18. Flag

It's more the part where it's so damn hard fighting back against them compared to the other parts of the game.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ulas

You can always pull a lockon esf ^^
  20. Haquim

That is true, but aside from that and delivering a big alpha strike when engaging I think the Tomcats are pretty useless.
    Rotary ftw.

But that is exactly my point. It is NOT hard to fight back.
    Those two liberators and five scythes were not the only enemy aircarft that I met during the last three weeks while playing infantery. And yet I got killed only 7 times. That is hardly "getting farmed" by easymode A2G farmers.
    I only killed one scythe back from the ground, yes.
    But you can damn well be sure that I was fighting there with dual Bursters or my Grounder at the ready when they got annoying.
    It is amazing how fast those guys get the hint that they should go elsewhere when they spend 1 minute flying to and fro, half a minute repairing and 10 seconds shooting something before the rocket hits.
    Did I get a lot of AA kills? No.
    Did I get a killed by air a lot? Also no.
    Did I spend a lot of unrewarding time to stare at the sky? No, not really.
    Writing this post takes longer than cleaning the sky over two bases.

The time when aircraft could legitimately be called OP is over. Its been gone since almost two years.
    Neither Liberators nor ESFs can wipe out an entire squad in a single fly-by anymore.
    The Battlegal is the only thing remotely OP thats left, and that one is only annoying because it is so riddiculously sturdy.
    Depending on the situation I am capable to drive off 2 to 4 ESFs and the odd liberator on my own.
    But the only way anybody else in a 48-96 fight gets the hint to pull some AA is when two liberators and half a squad ESFs are continuously bombing the spawnroom. Of course it is too late then, there are only so many exits and you simply die to the spam when you step outside.
    Even if you don't die to the aircraft there are infantery and/or tanks camping the spawn by now. Conclusion: Aircraft Op.
    The G2A lock-on is dirt cheap, everybody above BR30 should have easily aquired one.

The problem is not the aircraft.
    The problem is the infantery.
    Infantery does not lack the means to fight air.
    Infantery is the really overpowered thing in the game. Unlimited availability and can fight literally EVERYTHING (except for things at the flightceiling).
    What they lack is the willingness to actually make use of their tools. Whining is so much easier.
    This leads to things like the "all-around lethality nerf". I am still waiting for the nerf of infantery vs tanks.
    And STILL I hear them ******** about how OP tanks and aircraft are.
    I'm sick and tired of this.
    If you can't 1v1 it and kill it it is OP.
    The fact that you spend 5 seconds locking on and firing your rocket and that leads to the pilot being busy repairing for minutes doesn't register with the infantery whiners. If he has flares it is 12 seconds, but with the current meta I feel like I'm the only guy running that.
    Yes he can evade. If he manages and comes back you have your next rocket loaded and should expect him.

I could, as you propably noticed, go on for HOURS.
    TL;DR: Use your G2A weaponry and you don't get farmed.
    Using as in changing loadout when necessary and fighting back.
    NOT staring at the ESF, shrugging "hes just gonna repair and return anyway" and carrying on.