[Suggestion] NS Sniper Rifle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ezaroo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. ezaroo

Ok so we have the archer model, how about we finally get the NS sniper rifle we all deserve - so the vs (ignoring the phaseshift) and the tr can get the directive sniper rifle without using a non-bolt action just like the NC can... I propose we just take the Archers model and write and sound and everything and write description such as:

The NS SR-10 Cleaver (better names please?) is nanite systems second bolt action weapon based on the successful anti-max rifle the AM7-archer. This weapon is designed primarily as an anti-infantry sniper rifle.

Attachments it is NS so give it versatility keep the archers scopes 4, 7, 8, 10 and 12 even consider giving it all the scopes from the vandal as well so we'd have 1 - 12 on one rifle. We'd need to give it a long enough rechamber and reload to stop it being w direct upgrade to the tsar/sas-r/ghost.

The normal set, suppressor, straight pull bolt, dark light and laser sight. Should be allow able

It would need a greater hip fire CoF than the archer (take the CoF stats of a T3 rifle [rams etc])

Stats I would suggest we make it a T2.5 style weapon - muzzle velocity of 625, damage of 650 @ 15 and 400 at 375, reload exactly between t2 and t3 same with chamber time, you get the idea.

No reason not to do this, we have a really great looking NS sniper rifle model - let us use it, remove the archer from the sniper rifle directive and give it to the engie or even battle rifle/scout rifle one... Give us this new NS bolt.

Really why not? It is basically no dev time (just design a suppressor that works on the archer model) and it wouldn't be bad...
    • Up x 2
  2. RedArmy

there is an NS sniper rifle, its called the Vandal, its been out forever now. just needs a bolt action variant
  3. ezaroo

It is a scout rifle... Not even a semi auto sniper rifle...

The reason for using the archer model rather than the vandal would be because the vandal is ready on the infi the same model would be confusing for people.
    • Up x 2
  4. Campagne

Eh, no, I don't think I want that.

We already have more than enough NS crap, and the Longshot/Rams/Parallax(or whatever) is more than enough of a rifle for anyone.
  5. Epicstrat

The bolt actions might as well be NS weapons, they have identical stats across the factions and the only difference is their name and skin...
  6. CapEnTrade

It's a scout rifle not a sniper rifle.
    • Up x 1
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

as an alternative to a new sniper, the devs could also introduce a new bullet type for the Archer.

Softpoint/Hollowpoint bullet:
    - increased effectiveness vs infantry (one-shot-kill via headshot up to 400m distance)
    - low effectiveness versus Maxes
    - no effectiveness against vehicles
  8. Gemenai

I would use such a BASR. Even it would be jsut for the style^^ (and i only got the ghost left and maybe the V10 left to aurax)
    To be honest i would like the weopon to be able to oneshot infantry up to maximum render range. I can't stand this *plonk* noise.
    My wish would be, that it owuld have on round per magazine, so i could watch a sexy reload animation after every shot.
    I mean every single round i put in the barrel by hand, instead of just changing a 5 round magazine.
    Because of that, it would have faster reload time than other 5 round/magazine rifles.