Planetside 2 dying?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meowcenary, Jun 15, 2015.

1. prodo123

The game has been dying ever since PS4 development started. This game simply is not meant for console players expecting to play it like Battlefield or Halo. The game will fail just as MAG, a 256-person shooter, failed to attract players.
  2. Pikachu

Cute. I'm bored too so I made this. Funny thing is that the outer borders of the projection are determined by the resolution of the round object. With infinite resolution, the projection would stretch out indefinitely in all directions.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. TheChris

I got the Feeling that PS2 on PC gets Milked.
    Much bugs were never Fixed.
    Shieldbug
    Endless Redeploy and many others

I play on Cobalt and it looks like overloaded servers.
    Enemies Pop in Front of you while my CPU is not at 100% ( i use Coretemp and can see it in Tray)
    U run around a Corner and still get killed while he cant see u anymore (Seems Information arrive my Enemy too late)
    Sometimes an enemy Stand Still run out of my sight but i get a Kill.

Bots or Autoscripts. (Some Players only pull a Rocketlauncher or a Healpistol while i shoot them instead of Firing back and they dont move.)

No new Content.

Other Players are Cussing or insult people in Proximitychat. "F*cking son of b*tch MEDIC HEAL ME NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or "Stupid F*cking a*shole i need Ammo !!!!!!" (Yeah i know whats wrong in their life? xD )
    No Moderator cares while they do that over and over again.

Looks like a Cashcow.
    Cert Prices are increased up to 300% for Weapons and i think SOE would never do this (Yeah buy cash and buy cash again until your wallet is empty i understood and welcome to Capitalism)
    Employees are dismissed and now the Support is overloaded. (there was Paymentproblems and had to wait 12 days until my accounts was unbanned.)

I feel like a Betatester.
    I think they only care H1Z1 or Ps4-version of PS2.

Do not understand this as flamepost but these thoughts comes over me slowly.
    I love Ps2 bcoz it has a unique Gameplay/Teamplay wich u will never find in other games.

Kind Regards to the Community.
    Faustrecht.
  4. AxiomInsanity87

That was hilarious.
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

i get a similar feeling. yesterday night, emerald was in a worrisome state: only two continents were unlocked, Amerish was barely filled, Esamir was being ghostcapped by NC. the last time i saw such a thing was before the waterson-mattherson merge. what are they going to do if US servers end up getting too low populations as well? merge them again? i really hope not, i dont wanna be forced to connect to the mid-west, like "let both servers meet in the middle, lel"
  6. Stormsinger

It's ok, he brought tank mines, and happened to land in a tree.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. AxiomInsanity87

I like how you pointed out the obvious there in a very smart manner lol.

10/10
  8. Pikachu

I have no idea what you mean. :confused:
  9. Halo572

There has been nothing to install for for a very long time let alone play or even log in.

8 1/2 months since I had the client installed and nothing has tempted me to even see how it is in that time.

With the complete lack of any gameplay or objectives over TDM only the real hardcore will continue to play a still directionless after 37 months title.

The shock for me every time I uninstalled was how empty PS2 was in comparison to just about anything else. How much you enjoyed playing anything else and what a frustrating punishment PS2 was with its totally unbalanced gameplay. How horrible it was to keep coming up against players you had no hope of beating as the title is so gimped there is no level playing field.

And it is no surprise it is now stuck in beta hell, DBG bought H1Z1 and Everquest and PS2 just happened to be junk in the crate the lot came in.

'What if's were maybe the first year - 18 months, the 'there is still hope' maybe 18 months stretching it to 2 1/2 years at most. Now it is at best 'this is all we can hope for'.

For your average gamer settling for an unfinished TDM is not going to happen, not with the number of quality of new titles being released with a finite amount of time to play them in.
  10. DeadlyPeanutt

this... it's very noticeable if you've played for a while. mostly BR100's farming newbies
  11. Ballto21

Short answer: Yes
    Long answer: Of course
  12. Pikachu

Some of the servers were full during the first days of release. I could not log in to LithCorp. Looking back at some of the oldest threads I see people talk about servers overflowing.
    • Up x 1
  13. AlterEgo

The more people play Planetside, the more NOTORIETY it gains. That way, if more people play it, like it, and pay for it, the more people know of it. A lot of people seem to like the PS4 version, so I could say without a doubt that it would be a nice little success, and could start a little trend where the PC version is also improved. I just really hope those console players enjoy the game as much as I do; they really could be a turning point.
    • Up x 2
  14. KirthGersen

Obviously dying.
    The worst thing I see now is not low pop (which is pretty low ofc) but the lack of... Spirit? Balls? A desire to win?
    I created this Miller TR char you can see in my sig in September 2014 and there was a lot of long and intense infantry fights.
    Now it's kinda "let's attack this Biolab guys, rush, oh, we sucked, redeploy away from here". Such battles now last about 5-15 minutes instead of hours and hours as it was 6-9 months ago.
    This is bad. Really bad.
    :(
  15. AlterEgo

Say that in a French accent like I did the second time I read your post, and I almost swear that you'll sound like Spy from TF2.
    • Up x 1
  16. 4wry

The way I see it PS2 hit a dip with the turmoil surrounding the acquisition of SOE last year, the layoffs, and the transition to Daybreak. Furthermore, there was/is a lot of frustration in the PC playerbase surrounding work on H1Z1 as well as the PS4 version and its integration in general game development (flight controls e.g.).

I believe the worst is over, however :D . There is a lot being actively worked on and once the PS4 version finally is out, we will see a lot more development happening.

Many complainers neglect the improvements being made: the [CPU] problem got fixed, we got MAX weapon models, we got utility gals, they fixed the ejection bug (hopefully for sure this time ;)), we're getting cloaked sundys and the anti-material rifle, new Harasser weapons, they are sorting out the deployment mechanics etc. etc.
    As a fact I notice a lot more low BRs around - the next generation of players. PS2 is far from dead.

A lot of comments surrounding this are simply unqualified and I wonder how many people complain about the game without having supported it in any way, ever.

Thumbs up for the devs. Keep up the hard work! :)
  17. AxiomInsanity87

I think flying maxes getting almost 3k kills in 3 hours mght have something to do with it.

That will be an ongoing thing as far as I know and any sane player will not put up with it for long.

Someone suggested Mac address band. Would that work or is that something that can be circumvented by the scum?.
  18. toast2250

Well,.. true story there bro. The fps does seem to be a lot better,... it better be If they they want to release it on PS4, for how long lol. :confused::confused::confused:

PS2 took a huge self kick in the crutch for new year when they pushed out the auto turret patch and left the game performance totally rekt for the holidays and months after. They sure do know how its done right,..
  19. Nogrim313

haven't played in nearly 6 months, came back to see if any content was added, first thing i see is a game dying thread.

so what exactly have they been doing the last 6 months? after seeing e3 coverage the whole concept of porting a 3 year old game (a f2p of all things) seems like quite possibly the stupidest idea i have ever heard.

i mean who is going to play a 3 year old port that is still full of bug, glitches and still doesn't have any sort of long term goal? even running on ultra this game doesn't hold up to what they have been showing off at e3 for the fall releases, i think this was a large gamble that has end up costing them their PC player base.
  20. Morti

It's summer, people are going outside. Steam sales are on, new games are out.

I hope the PS4 launch goes smoothly so they can get to work on more important stuff