If the reverse maneuver bug was fixed, what would change in the airgame?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jun 10, 2015.

1. JonesyIRL

Because the opinions of a person who thinks RM negatively effects the game is important to me.
  2. Ulas

Guys stop insulting lets make a point now. Thinking that air game is ruined by rm is hideous.
    İt's ruined by squeakers both on flybois side and on infantrybois side.
    It's this way because the way planetside is. planetsides pledge was to create an unified on going battle and it did. But side effect is that high skill players are against low skill players and airgame in any game requires a certain amount of skill for even for entry annnd this side effect has been amplified.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Bingo
  4. Negator

What should I be looking for?
  5. Scr1nRusher

"thinks"?

Its shown that it does.
  6. Scr1nRusher

All aircraft balancing changes.

Since the "airgame" isn't just ESF's.
  7. Negator

Im being hostile because its supremely frustrating talking to someone to doesnt seem to hear the words im speaking. The one story you gave WAS NOT BASED ON RM. You may have worded it like that, the other guy may have described seeing it, but with or without RM he was goign to get destroyed, which means IT ISNT PROOF OF RM CAUSING A PROBLEM but rather the high skill ceiling of PS2 and general. I already said im happy with a tutorial on RM.
    • Up x 1
  8. JonesyIRL

Your the Hammerboss of social media.
  9. Ulas

Is it really that hard to see the problem. We play in a mixed environment we have noobs and very very skilled players. Unless we seperate them no matter what u do this won't change.
  10. Ronin Oni

RM is a direct result of hover and VTOL mechanics so I don't know WTF you're talking about.
  11. Negator

Balance changes like what? Which apply to your argument here? Liberators got nerfed, buffed, nerfed again. Slightly buffed. ESFs were altered to make reversing a little harder. Galaxies got some neat stuff. Valks were introduced and slightly buffed.

What point are you trying to make?
  12. Scr1nRusher

But I don't sit in a raven MAX all day.

All I've been asking is "what if the RM bug was fixed"?

How would it effect both the newer air users & the veteran air users?

How would it effect combat in both A2A & A2G?

How would the airgame change?

How would ESF usage change?
  13. Ronin Oni

I'd like to see VTOL shifting turned into a keybind rather than linked to speed.

Not only would it make it more reliable, and make it easier for newer pilots to get used to, but it'd also open up a whole slew of new maneuvers by shifting flight modes at higher speeds.
    • Up x 2
  14. Scr1nRusher

Let me ask you something.

What is the primary combat roles of all Aircraft?

Or.... going off the design of the craft & weapons what should they be?

Also...... as I said. Patchnotes are important to see how the air combat has changed.
  15. Scr1nRusher

But was RM ever supposed to be?
  16. Ronin Oni

I discovered RM completely on my own.

How? I saw someone do it. I thought "Wow, how the hell they do that?"

I then practiced messing around with how flight handling worked and LESS THAN ONE HOUR LATER I was able to do it.

People just like to cry and blame things because they suck and don't want to take the time themselves to fix it.
  17. Scr1nRusher

Its a bug.

Should bugs not be fixed if they impact gameplay?
  18. Ulas

I already answered this buT.

First case if u change it now:
    Skilled players quit. Farmers are left behind ground players are bored planetside 2 dies in next 2 years.
    Case 2 if it wasn't there since the begging.
    Ace pilots started playing the game. There is no one in the air except for aces and it's really hard to stay alive. No new pilots join the game.
  19. Scr1nRusher

So your telling me the only way those skilled players are even around is because of the RM?

Let that sink in.

You basically have said the RM has impacted the game to such a point where the only way people are "good" is because of it.
  20. Ronin Oni

Originally no, but just like Skiing in Tribes the Devs realized that it ADDED to the air game and decided to leave it alone and not remove it.

THIS WAS IN CLOSED ALPHA BACK BEFORE ANY CLOSED BETA INVITES WERE SENT OUT.