If the reverse maneuver bug was fixed, what would change in the airgame?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

Im not being thick. The thickest heads around here are the people who are adamant about their position on this matter. I didn't say take away RM did I? No, I suggested making it either a certable chasis, or making it so players can learn about it without word-of-mouth.

I want to make the game easier for newer people, **** me right?
    • Up x 2
  2. Scr1nRusher

Not nonsense.

If a bug is stopping players from getting into a aspect of the game, there is a problem.
  3. Ulas

How u do it with RM. You know a pilot is o your tail and you do RM. Against a good pilot this is the way to get 1 clipped. In stead you should look for surrounding environment and try to get behind something. If u don't have such opportunity there is a bunch of turning alternatives that's to complicated to explain here. After that there is the enemy in front of u first thing u should try to understand is his flying style. If he's a close range fighter staying under him and doing a seasaw is real good. If he tries to keep range you should perhaps lean left/right and try doing g a stairs. While dodging timing of your ctrl space is crucial to throw your enemy of and keep your aim on target.
  4. Scr1nRusher

So basically...... do RM & then make sure your opponent misses & you hit him?
  5. Negator

Well, since RM applies by and large to only hover chassis, it does in fact work like that. You are being thick because you keep thinking RM is the only thing producing a skill gap between new players and skilled players, when that is not the case. You are being thick because you seem to think new players are just fine in all aspects of the game except dogfighting, and use this as some kind of proof for your argument. Youre being thick because youre summing up this argument with THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN.

Im fine with improved tutorials.
  6. JonesyIRL

PLEASE STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF, YOU TALK ABOUT ESF'S BEING A2A, YET YOU APPROVE AND LIKE THE A2G FOCUSED HOVER. *phew*

1. I just explained how it would change, it'd become
    2. Then why, oh why did the DEVELOPERS give us A2G weapons, and design the fighters with the ability to hover if not to shoot at ground?
    3. You know how we learnt to adapt to lock-ons? RM INTO THEM AND SHOOT DOWN THE ESF!
    4. RM lets reavers take full advantage of their hover ability, without RM it's not much f a speciality is it?
  7. Ulas

Well if u think that way bf dogfighting is making sure your turning curve cuts your enemys. U fortunately it's not as simple as that. If it was why is it so hard to get in ??
  8. Negator

Are you serious Scrin, did you not read ANYTHING else? RM is not stopping new players from getting into the air game. Not by a long shot.
  9. JonesyIRL

Stats say otherwise.
  10. Scr1nRusher

Directives combined with loadout.
  11. Scr1nRusher

But history has proven otherwise.

Look at the "airgame" as a whole over the span of PS2's life so far.
  12. Ulas

People should learn to ask and socialize that's the problem. Ubless we start opening private servers for aces and newbies keep public servers skill gap is going to be huge either way.
  13. JonesyIRL

I know your not the brightest, so I'll remind you since you are so into intellectual conversations. This comment is still awaiting reply
  14. Negator

You're just making things up now. How am i supposed to argue with someone that has no problem ************ his way through a discussion.

New players make for bad pilots. Fact. Get on live and go see for yourself
  15. Scr1nRusher

I already have answered these things.

Also saying I'm not smart, isn't doing you any favors.
  16. Scr1nRusher

lol.

I'm not making anything up. Do your homework.
  17. Negator

Can you cite me my references, or will you continue to make nebulous references to "the history of our airgame" AKA "SCRIN MAKES **** UP PT VII"?

You have nothing to stand on here.
  18. Shadowomega

Higby aka Lasom over on reddit posted something he had suggested after the devs got massive amounts of negative feedback on their attempt to remove RM. Granted this was after he left the dev team as well so it doesn't reflect what is going on behind the scene.

What he put forward was to make ESFs have two flight modes, one for "hover mode" and another for "Flight mode" instead of having this automatic transition we have now. This toggle of the modes would allow new pilots to complete the RM far easier and lower the skill ceiling and skill floor for ESFs. As it stands currently ESF skill ceiling is extremely high as well as the skill floor, due to the lack of how intuitive RM actually is for people with out any form of instruction.

Granted if RM was removed a lot of the old pilots would likely up and leave as their old solo or small group play would change up drastically they likely couldn't adapt to the new style. This New style would likely revolve around larger organized groups using a "wing man", buddy system, with far more pilots using A2A missiles (which the sky knights get very salty over).
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

Go through the patchnotes over time.

Notice how the "airgame" has shifted and changed.
  20. Jake the Dog

Why is everyone so hostile? You guys call me thick. Is it a crime if I don't want to handhold new players in with little ingame nuances so they don't quit, I see it all the time.

Once again you assume Im saying to get rid of RM. Im not. Read my previous post. The thickest heads are the ones that refuse to read.

Their stats are terrible indeed I never said they were going to be stellar or they should be great. The tutorial as everyone knows sucks major balls. However the main focus of this post, is RM, in fact you could say Im defending RM, and saying to allow people to learn about it from ingame sources that aren't players.

Quitters? I can play COD or Battlefield on Xbox/ps4 and get the hang of it in an hour or 2. People play planetside for WEEKS and don't get the hang of it. No the blame doesn't just fall on RM. I gave you one story of many and that one WAS due to RM I try to get my friends to play planetside but they won't because of the steep learning curve. Dark Souls was easier to pick up than PS2.

I also have no idea why you're so hostile about allowing RM to be either described by the devs in some kind of tutorial or text ingame. Its really not that crazy. I have no idea why your being a jacka** I haven't suggested removing it at all. Would I mind if it was? Nope. Not a tear from my beautiful eyes. But thats not what I was saying so yeah, **** me right?
    • Up x 1