It's time for the Cyclone to go the way of the Orion.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonmortical, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Bonmortical

Not really fair to hit one faction's and not another's out of line infantry gun. Cyclone is clearly superior to all other ES SMG options, the NS ones have their niche but nothing realistically competes with the Cyclone.
  2. BrbImAFK

No, no... you're doing it wrong. Everybody knows that NC faction is balanced faction. You're supposed to be nerf-calling on the VS!
  3. Migs

Thats right!

I was killed by a beamer, beamer is so OP it has no bullet drop!

Nerf OP beamer please
    • Up x 7
  4. prodo123

No.

0.75 ADS defines SMGs from all other guns.

Also, consider how often you get killed by the Cyclone compared to other guns, or even SMGs.
    • Up x 1
  5. RykerStruvian

Cyclone is slow as ****. Blitz > Cyclone. Blitz with extended magazine + laser sight = absolute fun. I just wish the VS/TR victim game would stop. The two of you have seriously been crying ever since beta about the NC. Truth is, NC for the longest time was the worst to play as. Now its the best to play as simply because the majority of NC players finally got a grasp of what their guns were capable of once they learned how to use them.

Just deal with the differences of the asymmetrical gameplay just like every NC player does. Stop blaming the guns/tanks/whatever and start blaming yourselves. Like seriously.
  6. Taemien

Go for it. This is why I use Adv laser sight on mine. If I need to ADS, I've got other weapons I use anyway.

Meanwhile, lets tag that Carv back a tad. Its got a 100 round mag vs the Orions. I suggest a reduction in firerate.

Fair is fair right? Or do you all want to leave things alone?
    • Up x 3
  7. ComradeHavoc

Okay.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pokebreaker

Sure, nerf it, lol. I haven't used the Cyclone since I was a Wee Baby Nanite.
    • Up x 1
  9. FateJH

I have a radical proposal: let's actually be content about stuff.
    • Up x 6
  10. Leftconsin

Once the Orion nerf goes live I think I'm perfectly OK with game balance.
  11. 0fly0

Why bother after all it's an OP weapon in NC hand we are talking about here.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Iridar51

Wow, such strong derailment attempts. Feels like whole forumside has conspired together to be non-constructive.

The OP has a point, both Eridani and Armistice feel like **** next to Cyclone, but I think it's mostly the fault of them being bad, rather than Cyclone being too good.

This is so 2013. "Truth is" NC was underpowered for a relatively short period of time after beta due to how flinch worked. Flinch got changed, and after that NC was the most diverse infantry weapon faction, featuring accurate and damaging weapons for long range, and fast firing high DPS weapons for close range, with HA being the only exception. SMG release changed even that.
    • Up x 7
  13. RykerStruvian

Stop making me feel old, lol. Seriously though, Cyclone isn't that great. Or maybe it is, I just feel like the gun is too slow for me. Could be a playstyle preference at that point. Either way, if they want to nerf it, let them, hahahaha. I don't know anyone who uses it anyways. I do use it sometimes, but just because I like the way it sounds.

Really, if any SMG needs to be buffed it's the hailstorm.
  14. Garrum

Not a chance. I find it comical that we should suddenly be content with things, right AFTER VS is scheduled to have the worst equipment in almost every slot across the board. No, this isn't going to stop with us, this wheel is going to roll through everyone's front yard, and NC has a lot of things that need 'balancing'. Cyclone, Anchor, MAX shotguns and Ravens, bolt actions as default, ESF nose guns...there's a lot you should look forward to seeing balanced.
  15. Iridar51

Well, Cyclone is a bit slow. High RoF is preferable in CQC, and Cyclone's is borderline undesirable.
  16. RykerStruvian

I'm not very good at Planetside 2, but you can see at least my weapon usage here. I only have around 200 kills with both Blitz and Cyclone, but Blitz accuracy was 20% with 15% HS accuracy. Cyclone was 19%/9%. So like I said, I am probably just trash and prefer spray and pray, hahahaha.
  17. Auzor

Cyclone vs Armistice, theoretical TTK.

Headshots:
    cyc: 2/652*60=0.184
    arm: 3/896*60=0.201

Bodyshots:
    cyc 5/652*60=0.460
    arm: 7/896*60=0.469

nanoweave bodyshots.
    7/652*60=0.644
    9/896*60=0.603

In addition "miss a shot": RoF owns for CQC, as missing a shot is less a penalty.

I'd put forth the notion that the armistice gets screwed with horizontal recoil & longer short reload stuff. The dps model is more than fine.

Reminder: highest dps weapons in game: 845 rpm, 143 dmg.
    Compared to "standard" 143 dmg: 750 rpm.
    Doing the same for NC: 845 / 750 * 600= 676.
    Bodyshot ttk:
    6/845*60=0.426
    5/676*60=0.444

vs Nanoweave:
    8/845*60=0.568
    7/676*60=0.621

So, beside headshot TTK, 676 rpm would still be worse off.

So, wanna nerf the cyclone? Due to RoF issues for CQC, can't nerf it a lot. Maybe 632 rpm, like the Bandit carbine.
    Let me know when to expect a NC AR & Carbine of 167 dmg, with at least 676 rpm.
  18. Dgross

Extended mag and laser sight are both rail attachments.
    Can't fit them both at the same time, fyi
  19. GuhMaster2512

The Blitz comes with a built in extended mag allowing for the use of an extra rail slot.
    • Up x 1
  20. RykerStruvian

I thought something sounded weird about it. It's been a while since I've ran with Blitz + HA. Then just laser sight. Also, I checked. I know why I got confused, this has happened before. I put the extended mag on the cyclone but put the laser sight on the Blitz.

Sorry :(