[Suggestion] Add a defualt horn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cbplayer, Jun 1, 2015.

1. cbplayer

A horn in this game is pretty useful, it helps to get people off the road, or to get a gunner to notice you and hop on.
    How come we don't have a default horn? I am fine with the crappy NS horn that no one ever buys
    • Up x 3
  2. RedArmy

or u could just yell over voice coms
    • Up x 2
  3. Dowlphin

Yes, voice comm is a good alternative. If you personally don't have that option, the other options are buying a horn or signaling using other means. I find that a horn, while useful, is not that essentially useful. You can usually maneuver around obstacles. If you drive a tank and someone walks in front of you and they neither see you on their map nor hear your engine, then a honk would probably not do much either.
    It's also catching attention from anyone, meaning the enemy, too.
  4. task_master

"beep beep ****ers"
    "you're in the way, you're getting run over"
    "right lane, this is an american server, we follow american traffic laws"
    "stop being a roadblock"
    horn equipped
    • Up x 2
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

i wish all horns would be available for all vehicles. it is sad the best horns are restricted to a few vehicles only
  6. ChUnKiFieR

What's next? Turn signals? LOL!
    • Up x 1
  7. Liewec123

really agree with this, i'm usually playing way into the early hours of the morning,
    my apartment doesn't have the thickest of walls so i don't have the luxury of screaming "MOVE B%%H GET OUT THE WAY!" :p
    how is it that they can suddenly add mobile spawning as default to every sunderer but they can't rig up a little horn?
    • Up x 1
  8. Pelojian

horns are useful in conveying to the person driving/walking in front of you that they are in the way and they should move if they aren't going to advance. it also can work well with sunderers when you know you want to use them to transport infantry to the next battle.

lightnings should have a horn already.
  9. 4wry

Some people have already pointed out that using voice is an option. I agree, but also point out two things:
    1. sometimes one just isn't in the mood to use voice (tired/ late night etc.)
    2. others may have the reception of voice disabled

I actually did get a horn, plainly for convenience, but I would agree that making a default horn available may help. I would go as far as saying that I wouldn't mind if this default horn would require certs to unlock. Then again, some players have awful situational awareness and driving accidents are bound to happen is PS2.

On a side note: Maybe the voice "V" menu could get some expansions:
    "Need Gunner!"
    "Get out of the way!"
    • Up x 1
  10. cbplayer

to this day I don't know why they didn't put those voice commands yet
  11. JohnGalt36

Infantry running in the road deserve to get run over. I try to avoid them whenever possible, but when you're crawling because you're on a narrow road and some BR10 is strolling down the middle, it's sort of inevitable.

Most of my play time is late at night, so I don't want to wake my wife by screaming into my mic. I have found that splash damage from a HEAT round or a close miss from an AP round usually sends the message, but sometimes you just have to run them over if they still don't get it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Hatesphere

I just fire a round past them and they usually get out of the way. but yeah some guys are playing with no sound or eyes and nothing will fix it.
  13. prodo123

A lot of people have proxy chat muted because people spam too much...
  14. RykerStruvian

Sounds like you were listening to me over proxy chat hahahaha. I love it. My personal favorite "KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'!!!" that usually gets everyone out of the way when my sundie comes plowing its way through a tight bridge.
  15. Luminus

Really don't see why we don't have stock horns, are they worried we're gonna break immersion by having honking convoys?
    You can't go ten minutes without whalesong echoing through the skies.
    • Up x 1
  16. Hatesphere

that whale song has almost driven me to TKing on more then one occasion
  17. Turekson

I second this idea. They should have a default horn that, if not necessarily free, could at least be unlocked with certs. They could make it sound really pathetic to encourage people to buy more manly horns with DBC.

As people have established here, proxy yelling only works only for those with a working microphone and understanding neighbors. Also some people have their proxy volumes tuned down.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ronin Oni

I moved prox voip to DPI+ mouse button on my G501 Proteus.

love it.

"BEEP BEEEEEEP MOTHA FOOKAS!"