[Suggestion] Light Assault/Engineer Special Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by fives23, Jun 7, 2015.

1. fives23

So currently infiltrators and heavy assaults have "special weapons" with the railjack/trap/phaseshift and lasher/chaingun/jackhammer. What I want to do is add a special weapon to light assaults and engineers that mirrors both the tech savvy-ness of engies and the mobility of light assaults. What I came up with was arm-mounted akimbo weapons, purchased as a set so no left/right junk, that have a wide variety of rail attachments and no optical attachments. These weapon models should remain on the player even when they pull out their secondary. Yes, these weapons can use underbarrel attachments but they don't necessarily need to be under the actual barrel.

TR
    TMSG-119 Snake

(I leave all stats not listed to you guys)

RoF: 652 (balanced by lower health than MAX units)
    Damage: 125 @ 10m 112 @ 50 m
    Accuracy: same or similar to the M1 Heavy Cycler (too lazy right now)
    Magazine size: 60 with 180 in reserve for both arms
    Reload speed: 2.695 sec/3.35 sec

Attachments
    Optics: none
    Rail: laser sight, extended mags, underbarrel grenade launcher ,(UBGL) underbarrel shotgun (UBS) underbarrel smoke launcher (UBSL)
    Barrel: flash suppressor, suppressor
    Ammo: HVA, soft point

VS
    <no name currently>

RoF: 500
    Damage: 167 @ 10m 143 @ 50m
    Accuracy: same or ~ to Quasar VM1
    Magazine size: 30, runs on a heat mechanic
    Cool down speed: 3 sec/3.8 sec

Attachments
    Same as above

NC
    <no name>

RoF: 200 (full auto)
    Damage: 130x6 @ 9m 50x6 at 17m
    Accuracy: same or ~ to AF-57 Piston
    Magazine size: 6 with 42 in reserve
    Reload speed: 3.1 sec/3.78 sec

Attachments
    Same as above with exception of ammo
    Ammo: slugs
    • Up x 2
  2. BrbImAFK

I'm going to have to go with "no", as much as I like the idea of LA's and Engy's getting something fun.

1) Having two of them sounds fairly OP, especially with the stats you're proposing.

2) Second, because they're not similar to any other weapons, it's not just a case of throwing together a model and texture for them. They'll need to develop a full set of new animations. Right now, I'd say there are a LOT of things that need their attention more urgently.

3) Quit it with the whole 'nc = shotgun" thing. Seriously. Stop. Now.

4) (No comments on NC until it's not a shotgun) TR mag size is OP, VS dmg model is OP, both their RoF's are OP for a dual weapon system and all the reload speeds should be extended to account for there being two weapons. It's not like you're in a big, automated suit any more. You'd need to reload the magazines individually.

All in all, this just seems like slapping MAX weapons on a LA. Bad forum troll. Naughty!
    • Up x 1
  3. Naphemil

EVERYTHING'S TOO OP!!!! OMG!!!! that rof? op, that dmg? op, that mag size? op.... but yet I fail to provide details on how thay are op and I'm just throwing these two letters around like candy....
  4. fives23

agreed. They're balanced by the people wielding them not having 80% resist to all normal guns
  5. BrbImAFK

You're seriously suggesting that I need to explain why putting dual MAX weapons on a LA is OP?! Seriously?!?

[IMG]
  6. Naphemil

the only difference between the max and the LA is the fact that you can instagib a LA using ANY GUN..... case closed. until it's been tested it's not op or up...
  7. BrbImAFK

I don't need to "test" whether jumping out of a plane at 25,000m without a parachute is fatal. Basic common sense applies. Sure, there's the possibility that I might hit trees on the way down, land in a snowbank or whatever and survive, but you're looking at such a fractionally small possibility that it's irrelevant for all intents and purposes. Same thing applies here. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't obvious to anybody with a shred of common sense.