[Suggestion] Class Roles Redefined - Part 2 (New class abilities and some C4 removal)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgross, Jun 4, 2015.

1. 00000000000000000000

So? If they want to play LA that way its their decision. Why is their method of LA "incorrect"?

I play LA "Normally' and use my C4 as the moments show themselves (which is fairly often for a LA). So why should I have to change my gameplay method because you don't like C4 fairies?
  2. Dgross

Why should a class that has the words "Light Assault" get the ability to single handedly kill main battle tanks in one shot?
    Why should 4 of 6 classes have access to demolition explosives?

In my opinion it's boring to have that much "redundancy" as someone else put it. I would rather see classes like LA excel at what they're good at, like the jet pack, and not a pack of C4.

I would rather have access to all the LA suggestions I put forth and happily give up C4 for that much utility in a highly mobile class.
    It's fine you disagree, but don't make it sound like I'm trying to dictate how other people play the game, because I never said flying over targets and dropping C4 was "incorrect".

I said it doesn't play to the classes strengths.
  3. Kanil

You offer to exchange a useful explosive that is good at destroying tanks and infantry for...

Another jumpjet, when they already have three to choose from.
    Two abilities that focus around transporting other people (fun fact: transporting isn't really that entertaining)
    And the ability to carry a second really mediocre grenade.

I don't think you'll find many people willing to take you up on that trade. What's the angle/velocity on the portable boost pad?
  4. 00000000000000000000

LA is the guerrilla fighter. Hit & Run. etc.

That entire concept is about costing the enemy resources and sowing chaos. Which is exactly what Jump Jets+C4 do.

We aren't about letting people get to other places. We are the lone wolf class. Everyone else has team oriented stuff, we have explosives. Sure everyone else gets C4 but we use it best.

How about secure our role in that. Make C4 our tool and take it away from everyone else (sorry medics). That would make all LA use C4 as we should, and it would free up our utility slot for healthpacks making us more survivable on the rooftops etc where medics cant reach us.
  5. BrbImAFK

In no way should LA lose C4. They're almost the only class that can use it offensively. The others are (with very limited exceptions) largely restricted to using C4 defensively simply because they lack the mobility to get close enough to use it.
  6. Retief

Speaking as a medic main, you can take my c4 over my dead body.