Daybreak's price increase has impacted players (especially new ones) much more than believed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jtpredator, May 31, 2015.

1. Eternaloptimist

Opinion or fact? Lots of information about what the changes were but not so much on how this has affected new players.
    You can subscribe and get 500 DBC back per month (plus your extra certs for BR1 to BR 15), play for free and buy things when you can afford them, grind for certs or make do with what you have. I'm not sure what "essentials" new players can't get as extra armour and medkits and suchlike are cert based, most stuff you can buy with DBC is weapons (a lot of the stock weapons are OK) or cosmetics.
  2. pnkdth

No, it was a standard non-statement you'd associate with a politician. If he didn't post we'd neither be richer or poorer for it. Also, thanks for sharing our ignorance on the matter, of which you are also ignorant of, it was very constructive feedback. I've grown as a person. Thanks.
  3. CapEnTrade

You ignorants do realize that the certs the new players get is much less than how much more they'll be forking out for the more expensive weapons... RIGHT!?
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

No, I'm quite serious. What did you expect to hear?
  5. Liewec123

these last few horrible patches have caused a 25% population drop.
    how do they respond? raise the prices.
    Battlefront better be good! :p
  6. RadarX

No I wasn't going to respond on a Sunday afternoon. I have to game some time!

We're continuing to monitor data and feedback regarding this. We aren't adverse to making further adjustments down the road a bit but there aren't plans for any short term adjustments.
  7. Nregroepis

8. Scr1nRusher

Keep in mind that one of the biggest issues for new players getting into the game is being able to get counters to vehicles & Aircraft.

Being able to fight back is always important.

Hahaha, hope you had a good time gaming.
  9. FateJH

I was thinking about it and thought I'd throw this out there while playing with experience to battle rank conversion. This is not counting hourly certs.

With previous prices for lock-on rocket launchers (250 certs iirc) it would be somewhere during BR11 (54,375+ exp) that it would first become affordable, if the player ignored all other purchases. BR11-12 goes from 54375 to 69000 and 250 falls within that range at 62500.

With the new 100 certs per level for the first 15 levels and whatever the new price is, the new player will earn it somewhat earlier. Even if the price for the Grounder, for example, were raised to 1000 certs, it would be just shortly after earning BR8. BR8 starts at 24000 which is 96 certs, add the 800 earned for gaining that battle rank, and the player only has to earn four more certs. At 650 certs, the price for those launchers currently listed on the wiki, it would be BR7 (though, in this case, the payment comes out of the 700 bonus certs you get from earning the rank entirely). At 650 certs, the price for those launchers currently listed on the wiki, it would be BR6. BR6 starts at 11625 which is 46 certs, add the 600 earned for gaining that battle rank, and the player only has to earn five more certs.
  10. DorianOmega

The biggest issue I see with the prices changes beyond potential P2W factor being more prominent (highly subjective and even controversial in PS2 being F2P) is that these price changes are detrimental to anyone not creating a new character, in essence anyone with an existing character thats past level 15 (and even lower ) working to BR100 will have to put in waaaay more time to unlock weapons even with membership and exp boosts if they arent looking to purchase guns with DBC.

Its not like prices were balanced out (these changes are basically price hikes, the few weapon prices that went down dont even compare in level of price change compared to those that went up IE 1000 certs to 875 certs compared to 100 certs to 325 certs and even 250 certs to 1000 certs, some weapons that arent even in the same performance tier are now priced right along side top preforming weapons.

Daybreak should really consider reducing at the very least the more essential unlocks like AA/AG launchers down to 375 certs, comets/pounders/falcons down to 375 certs, bolt action snipers for TR and VS down to 250 certs, guass SPR down to 250 certs and a side grade or 2 back to 250 certs for each class like burst variants price changes on cosmetics and the initial 1500 certs for new characters isn't bad (by level 15 you'd have about 2000 certs with the added 1500) but after level 15 its basically a huge exponential increase in time to get even side grade unlocks

TL:DR The price changes even with the added 1500 certs for new characters really doesn't make up for any character made before this update needing an exponential increase in time to unlock weapons even with a membership and exp gains, IMO.
  11. cbplayer

You know, the forums being spam with "DBG is greedy/evil crap is gona throw off more new players than any price increase. They gona think that planetside 2 is just another pay 2 win game the second they see the title of some these posts
  12. RykerStruvian

Guns should be less expensive the higher BR you are for both DBC values and cert value.