Double-XP still FR for non-members?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dowlphin, May 28, 2015.

1. Dowlphin

Was that a one-time thing or is double XP weekend still on last Friday of the month for non-members?
    And should it begin in a couple of hours? (basically midnight Pacific Time)

I checked by dropping an ammo pack, but the math doesn't match the one from last time, so I'm not sure whether double XP is active or not or even will be soon.
  2. RedArmy

memorial day bonus xp for all last week - members bonus xp is this weekend
  3. Dowlphin

Huh? What? I waited for today and now it has been advanced a week??
    Darn, I didn't follow the news so closely because the game is so messy lately and only wanted to focus on double XP to make some use of my heroic boost. This is frustrating.
    I didn't even see an announcement for it. Where did you find that info?
  4. RedArmy

there are no annoucnements anymore, just gotta shoot from the hip based on previous promotions
  5. Dowlphin

So then was the other thing definitely a one-timer? Because I remember a statement that now for members double-xp stays as usual, but the Friday will be for non-members, too.
    I guess I'll just have to wait a couple of hours and see for myself.
  6. Dowlphin

Meh, indeed no double XP now. So no opportunity for time-efficiently cutting some losses due to my two remaining months of heroic boost.
    I frequented Reddit but apparently that wasn't enough to find some player posting about last week's double XP.
    One more disappointment in connection to this game that I spent way too much money on.
    Logged in to test the XP. All the familiar annoying and immediately occuring bugs are still there.

The devs get way too much fanboy praise for swiftly fixing bugs they newly introduce.
  7. Vargs

I heard about this beforehand on reddit and took advantage of it last weekend, but it is pretty ****** that the double exp is in fact NOT happening during the final weekend of the month, despite the game's claim to the contrary. How is your average subscriber supposed to know this?
  8. Dowlphin

Wait, so the whole double XP weekend was MOVED to one week earlier? Not extra?
  9. Liewec123

DBG really need to announce their stuff better, this is why they don't sell subs,
    noone actually knows when the double XP weekends are!
  10. ScrapyardBob

Good luck hoping they will ever change.

I've been yelling at them for 12-15 months now about how members never know when double-XP weekends are happening. Here we are over a year later and the situation still has not improved.