New sunder ability huge issue

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Regazozo, May 22, 2015.

1. qiray12

Just stop posting with this well see what the devs come with when theyre tweaked a bit you now just talk about a rock maybe if the devs can use some interesting features to it we might get a diamond out of it.

Just wait it out till we know more about the feature.
  2. Sir Cypher

Ummm, no. I did not create a thread. I just replied to a thread. With good intention (yes yes, "road to hell is often paved with good intentions...") of getting all the relevant discussion about the SDI in one topic, where it will be more easy to follow for all interested parties, including the devs. And including me.

I consider myself a lurker. Although I don't see that contradicting the second part of your statement.
  3. \m/SLAYER\m/

you forgeting redeployside, when 1 squad taking base, and whole platoon spawns there to defend it last seconds.
    but i don't really understand concept of this - deploy it, for ghost cap?!:eek:
  4. Obstruction

i honestly don't see what the big stink is, it's not like anyone defends sunderers or that they are difficult to destroy. let's face it, the only reason AMS last as long as they do is that people wait to kill them because they're feeding targets right into the line of fire.

all this is going to do is create chronically bored, roaming zergs that sit on empty bases waiting for the capture so they can talk about "strategic victory." nothing new here at all.
  5. OldMaster80

The defenders will spawn at the closest base and will start the battle from there, using sunderers galaxies and other vehicles to make their way to the base they have to defend. Their first target will probably be the Interdictor Sunderer.

Is this worse than having people redeploying right to spawn rooms where they can wait until they have high pop and swarm the base?

I think this change is worth a try before we can say it won't work ;)
    This might not fix redeploy completely but it would critically change the scenarios we used to play. Don't forget it's a Sunderer we're talking about: a fast response team with a Valkyrie full of c4 could spot it and make it blow quickly if it's not well defended. That sounds much cooler than having defenders magically popping out of nowhere.
    • Up x 1
  6. Shiaari

I never understood why so many players can't wrap their heads around the idea of counter-attack, either. Good post.
  7. Sulsa

With all due respect, the lack of some basic tactical creativity from people who only think like this is why I and many others get so frustrated with the CoD crowd. No insult intended, I simply believe you are just not understanding the power of an 'open world sandbox' and all that you can do to help your team rather than stand in a spawn room surrounded by MBTs.

I can't wait for all of these changes. I believe it will create even more varied combat tactics as well as fighting in some new areas that we rarely see when it's zerg vs. zerg.
    • Up x 3
  8. AxiomInsanity87

No don't touch me there!.
    • Up x 1
  9. Badname82

A great reason to use Galaxies and Valkries. People will have to actually send reinforcements to a fight, not magically appearing from a rainbow that farts out meth-infused leprechauns. It can buy a minute or two extra to cap that base before the almighty zerg-fits show up.

Sucks for lone wolfers and small squads who like to action hop with minimal downtime. Oh well, small price to pay. More chances for pro high-altitude drifter shenanigans to pop the jammer sundy and allow a mass deploy which will be fun.
    • Up x 2
  10. Morti

if the enemy brings tons of armor/air to attack a base the usual best thing to do is spawn elsewhere and flank them with your own AMS sundies, tanks and air.
    • Up x 2
  11. l3lessed

I have to agree with the people saying that you're not understanding how the sandbox aspect of this game works. Currently, one of the issues I see in defending a base properly, is players not using adjacent bases to create an effective counter attack. Instead, to many times, do I see platoons deploying into already locked down bases and just feeding an enemy force. All the meantime, they could be redeploying to the closest adjacent base, pulling armor, regrouping, and actually attacking the zerg from a flank. Not only is this tactically smart, but it allows the current friendlies trapped in the hex to have enough pressure pulled off them, so they can begin pushing out.

I can't count how many times I've deployed into a hex just to find a zerg stuck in a spawn room feeding the enemy forces. This should help stop this by not allowing spray and prey scrubs to deploy into a already locked down base and continue the feed.

This is only bad if you don't want to try to think in strategic terms. You should always avoid facing a zerg head on, if possible. The point of a zerg is brute force through sheer numbers.
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

You have no concept of how this will work.

Current situation:
    People spawn into a battle, any battle. The attackers usually have the advantage of tanks, aircraft and well-placed infantry by the time good reinforcements show up (this is assuming a scenario where reinforcement are needed), then be spawnwarriors until capture is complete or they gain enough pop to out-Zerg the Zerg/take on the tanks, aircraft and MAX's that give the attackers their power.

New situation:
    People are forced to spawn in the next base, where they will rarely walk to the base that's under attack. So they get force-multipliers such as tanks and aircraft. This instantly means that the defenders get an impulse of force-multipliers that can easily shift the balance in their favor, while also having weapons to take out the interdiction Sunderer.

The new situation also means that you can prevent the Zerg from using redeploy side. Zergs are beasts of no-tactics, easy-to-handle battles where they try to get some cheap certs and KD. They would rather just Zerg the next base than redeploy if it means traveling between bases after the redeploy, even more if it means buying a new vehicle after each redeploy before they can get to easy killing again.

Also, anyone that really wants to spawn at that base can just spawn in the next base, take a Flash and die/redeploy within the borders of the base that needs defending. This will make it harder for Zergs to keep at it. Defenders will have a larger influx of vehicles and more points of attack, meaning the Zerg needs to be spread out and needs to work harder for their win, which is good all around.
    • Up x 3
  13. Demigan

Which is worse than having players spawn and sit in a spawnroom all day "defending" their stuff without actually accomplishing anything? This change will cause for more strategy, depth and different combat scenario's. People will actually have to try to defend, rather than just sit in the spawnroom buffing their KD and hoping enough noobs will try to break out for them to start moving out of the spawnroom. If you have to buy vehicles and travel somewhere, people will be more invested in trying to win as they have something to lose, IE their travel time and resources. If they spent them in vein, they will feel worse, so they will fight harder.
    • Up x 2
  14. Demigan

only if they allowed an SDI Sundy to be deployed there. And hey, you can destroy them! And the attackers can only deploy one at a time, and it's work to place these things. They will be stragetic weapons, the average Zergfest will likely only field 2 of these at a time because 99% of the Zerg is busy with trying to statpad through spawncamping with a tank or Heavy. The Defenders can actually take out the SDI... or leave it be and destroy the Sunderers of their enemy while placing an SDI at their next base, effectively allowing a small, cohesive squad to shut down and scatter an entire Zerg.
    • Up x 1
  15. Crayv

Now add anti-AMS generators at bases to keep attackers from just driving up a Sundy, deploying it and their entire outfit spawns at it before the defenders even know what is happening.
  16. OldMaster80

Agreed. And btw this forum is full of doomsayers seeing the end of Planetside 2 behind every corner. If I had a cent for every time I've read "OH NOES WE'RE SCREWED" on this forum I'd be freaking rich now :D

This Interdiction module, the ANT, and cloaking bubble... all of this is going to bring a lot of new option for those who can see the possibilities.
    • Up x 2
  17. Scr1nRusher

The SDI replaces the AMS ability.

Meaning you can deploy a SDI sunderer, but you cannot spawn from it.

People need to READ.
  18. gartho33

not the problem.. but on that note.... it does open the SDI to equip some very hearty defense slot items... The main concern that most people are openly speaking about but poorly explaining, is the effect that this tinny system (intended to stop your infamous re-deploy side) will have on smaller battles. In my mind, this is a valid concern. If a fight cannot start due to the ability to cut off defenders before they can react, the potential for abuse with this system is greater than if not equal to the current problem at hand. essentially forcing zergs to "pre-jump" to bases and set this system up 2 or even 3 latice links deep...

If this system is to be placed in effect, I wouldn't be surprised if things sway in the favor of attackers in a heavy way. An action that will likely prompt the reaction of a defender buff to compensate. likely with longer cap times, given that is the most logical and easiest implementation of a "defender buff"...
  19. Scr1nRusher

But defenders just have to defend!

Also..... keep in mind how useful the AMS cloak bubble will be.

BTw,,, you do know you can do a back-SDI on the base the enemy just came from, effectively cutting them off.
  20. Taemien

I see nothing wrong with this. If you are defending, you lost already. This forces the cert farmers to go on the offensive.

Personally I don't think you should be able to redeploy at will as it is, and require Gals and Sundies to be used to initially get to a base. This new SDI ability is a decent enough compromise for now.

Though I'd like to see my idea take effect. And have the SDI disable spawn rooms entirely.