Dead game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 21, 2015.

1. Ballto21

2. Grumblefern

I like things better when they're dead.
  3. Grumblefern

Not really I just thought that would sound really creepy.
    • Up x 4
  4. jstrecu

5. RedArmy

Ballto just like to complain to get others to read n reply on his posts, ur just feeding his ego more and more. and by my reply also contributing to the super excited nature that is "Ballto: Devourer of free time"
    • Up x 10
  6. Liberty

Peak populations for servers over the past 24 hours

Emerald - 1793
    Cobalt - 1508
    Miller - 1555
    Connery - 1314
    Briggs - 472

Peak for the Week

Connery - 1601
    Miller - 2134
    Cobalt - 2003
    Emerald - 2027
    Briggs - 485
    • Up x 2
  7. Pikachu

Game hasnt felt alive since summer 2013 I think.
    • Up x 3
  8. BluescalesNZ

Wow. I didn't think Briggs had gotten that bad. Felt more empty when I popped back in after a several month hiatus but... Less than 500 players. Yeah. Maybe it's time to consider a different server.
  9. Leftconsin

WOW. Daybreak needs to do something.
    Perhaps a solid week of double XP might perk things up. :confused:
  10. Rogueghost

Briggs is dead, the other servers have remained fairly stable in population for months now.
    • Up x 2
  11. n0pax

Every non Briggs server has been shedding 5 (Emerald) to 25 (Connery and Cobalt) players a week since early February prior to the last patch where every server immediately lost 50-150 players. Not sure how you can call that stable.

The simple truth is we need more patches and merges down to two servers. One NA, one EU. Connery is near death outside of primetime, one month or so away. Emerald is not a lot better. According to the numbers Miller is doing alright, but Cobalt is in the same boat as Connery (fading quickly).
  12. Grumblefern

They should maybe advertize it next time, outside of Planetside 2 specific forums and such.
    • Up x 1
  13. OldCuban

Agreed!

How is anyone supposed to hear that this game even exists?

Most of the people I've introduced into PS2 had no clue such a game even existed.

Most of them also didn't think an FPS on such a large scale was even possible.

Word of mouth can only get you so far!

PS2 is unique, and there's a huge audience of FPS PC players that aren't even aware it exists!
  14. ReaverUpYour

Now this will be kind of a long post. So if you have some time o ahead and read it. If you don't, its fine, skip at the end.

==== start ====
    When the game was lunched from what i understand there was a bang. I went and looked at pop graphs a while a go and pop is going down and down and down. IMO while the game provides a somewhat unique experience the many issues that it had and still has turned a lot of players away from it.

While it is a Free to play and not pay 2 win, lets face it....until you get a good feeling of what the hell is going on you will suffer from frustration. First you will be famed by infantry big time. They got, in the new players mind, definitely better weapons. You go to the depot and ur required 1000 certs for most weapons. And lets face it, that is a lot. You have the option to buy with some cash this and that, but it's not that cheap. It;s not that expensive but why should you spend 10$ in a game that until now all it did was to alienate you.

Then you look at upgrades. They start cheap and you think, oh it's ok but then before you know it, you need Ks after Ks of certs. That is even more. You might get a membership, but then again, why spent 15$ on a game that all it did untill now was to alienate you.

Then you encounter tanks or even worst for the noob of Planetside, LoL Podders. Now...the noob is really screwed, he has 1 AA weapon on the max but he might not even know it's there. He thinks, hmmm...i'll show this bastard how you can do it. He goes he takes an ESF he gets there, cause it's easy you know...flying in a straight line. He shoots at the lol podder, he most likley doesn't land a single shot, he passes over him and then...he is completely lost. He has no idea how to maneuver.

He rage quits.
    And most of them, never return.

===== end ====

I believe this to be nothing else then bad management. Apparently Sony wanted to get rid of it (or the entire department) and so they couldn't care less about going further. (Acquisitions like this don't happen over night. ) They milked the cow till the last second, without giving a **** that the cow was dying. Why care, soon it was to be someone's else cow.

And DB while might have some intentions, might, they are playing the slow game here. 1 small step at a time. Before they realize what they have, another company will produce something similar and we will all run in that direction happy cause at last someone understood what kind of war game we want.

PS4 will bring some new players and some revenue into the game. If they like the figures they might put some more money into it to get it a little bit further. Or, they will just keep milking it until the very last drop. And we are not far from it.
    • Up x 1
  15. ronjahn

Game has been dead since the ESF(stealthily everything) acceleration/control changes. That alienated a lot of people. The game just feels worse then it did before that update.
    While I've been playing less since that change, I still play, but with the most recent update, I'm having terrible hitching problems while in vehicles so I've been playing a lot less. It's going to take a big content addition and some confirmed performance and bug fixes(got ejected from my harasser today even though it's supposedly fixed) to make me passionate about ps2 again.
    • Up x 1