List the GOOD things from the new update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FBVanu, May 19, 2015.

1. FBVanu

I LOVE the new Doritos... nice to actually be able to see enemies.. (although I could do without the big name tags)

Third update today may have fixed vehicle load-outs.

Thanks for the Cert refund.

Saw players hailing the Prowler Vulcan and Magrider PPA...

So far so good. Thank you DayBreak.
    • Up x 1
  2. Leftconsin

The change to vehicle zoom cert line was nice.
    I got to buy Python HE for less certs and then proceeded to go on a 130 kill rampage.
    • Up x 2
  3. TorigomaSET

Change to Vech Zoom, the new Enforcer reload Mechanics are awesome, and the over all tweaks to the PPA and Vulcan where much needed.
  4. Rogueghost

I dislike the new dortios, colors aren't bold enough. Makes it even more difficult to tell the difference between NC and VS doritos

I suppose I liked getting 10k certs back for vehicle optics I don't even use anymore.
  5. 00000000000000000000

New membership convinced me to resub.

I for one enjoy the new names as I have a large monitor and the old ones were f*cking tiny on my screen. I can actually read these ones. (though it would best to have the option of old or new)
  6. xthezerohunter

Easier to see friendlies in big fights like The Crown and Bio Labs.

Able to actually test out weapons sooner on low levels instead of going to VR to play with things I'll never use.

Able to make loadouts quickly and theorycraft at soon as BR5.

I don't know what happened, but people actually listen in region chat now.
  7. toast2250

Ok, here it goes:

- I actually like the new text/icons
    - Excited about spawn room bombing (hope they take ages to fix it)
    - Something is going on, LOL.
  8. Pikachu

The turretless tanks were funny. Now they're gone.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zlidden

I want the old icons, make the new icons optional
    • Up x 1
  10. Psykmoe

-The new reload mechanism for Canister/Enforcer are popular with my gunners.
    -The vehicle scope changes got my some certs back I spent uselessly.
    -Quadrupling the cost of the second Comet/Falcon/Pounder and more than doubling the cost of the cheapest second AI arm might deter some people from becoming dedicated fat suit players (since getting a Mutilator and Pounder together costs 1400 certs more than before), which is almost as good as fixing the MAX spam meta, right?
    -Ensuring that AA options are more expensive than before directly helps making coordinated repair Galaxy blobs even more effective at farming helpless peasants. All hail the skywhale!
  11. NCPredatorus

It's just an impression, or the game uses the GPU more than before ?

I can, now, play smoothy on my old Q6600 (3.2ghz).
    • Up x 1
  12. _itg

Performance is markedly better for me. I've been slowing racheting up various graphics settings, and the game is looking lots better while still holding at ~60fps.

Supposedly they've done some work on multithreading support. Don't know if they've offloading anything more to the GPU, but I'd guess they can't really do that without updating to DX11.
    • Up x 1
  13. RainbowDash9

im happy with the DBC price drops, now i dont feel as ripped off when i buy cosmetic stuff lol
  14. Tululaboo

@Sig ~ Omg I love your sig sooo much >.< just the way he turns you know he was saying "OHSH!T" haha

Now for the OP, I personally enjoy the new visuals, it is a lot clearer and easier to make out than what it was but overall one of my most fave changes are to cert weapon prices and optic upgrades :D I like the new pricing tbh and cannot seem to understand why others hate it so much.
  15. Pinkamena Diane

A helmet I had been thinking of getting went from 1000 to 250 DCB, so the 600ish dbc I had lying around got some use.
    the new doritos are ok I guess. the icons and text I kinda like, but yes they would need to be smaller. I find them easier on the eyes during nights.

Thats about it, but I havent tried the new vehicle turret changes, or have seen if the hotfixes made the peformance better and if the input lag is gone.
  16. n0pax

It got me back on Battlefield 4, to hopefully never look back. The servers are just too empty outside of peak hours to be enjoyable and 75% of my playtime falls between 1 am and 5 pm.
  17. Morti

Got refunded like 20k certs of stuff I don't use any more lol

Kinda shooting themselves in the foot, increasing weapon costs while giving me back a truck load of certs
  18. ZDarkShadowsZ

Only thing I was waiting for in this patch was the vehicle optics refund. Got a nice small sized refund which was nice for the certs I spent on vehicle weapons I have/nearly have aurax for anyway.