Flash Weapon and Performance slot advice?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, May 19, 2015.

1. Okjoek

The Utility (unless I'm playing Infiltrator) I always use is the scout radar. It's the perfect command vehicle tool because it tells all the guys around you where the threats are that they cannot see. It works wonders when playing solo or in group.

The Defense slot I fill with composite armor because it seems to help protect against so many threats and unlike some of the options it helps you the very moment you're in an engagement which is where it's needed the most IMO. I have thought about using vehicle stealth, but I figured it would be more suited for only certain situations.

That leaves the Performance. I'm not entirely sure where to go. The Racer chassis will help greatly when long distance transport is required and when escaping a bad situation, but I can also name situations when I go into facilities where the scout radar is most helpful for the team only to wish I had more turning and reversing speed. As for the last one usually hill climbing isn't a problem aslong as you get even a short running start.

As for the weapon I'm currently using the 20mm auto-cannon because it was a cheap alternative to no weapon at all, but I'm planning on switching to the 40mm grenade launcher. Good choice or no?

In all I'm really enjoying the flash. It's my favorite vehicle so far despite what some people have said. I've found my allies to be grateful for the advanced intelligence and for providing transport and a fast platform for their weapons (especially the heavy assault). The best part is, unlike a tank I can spawn it over and over and over again because it's dirt cheap.
  2. Paqu

For scout radar use you should definately get stealth so enemies cant locate you so easily or even figure out they are being shown on the minimap. As for weapon Renegade would suit the best so you dont kill yourself with the splash on indoors. Also scrapper would be my pick here.

For combat use with wraith cloak I would go Racer, autorepair and Fury. Or Renegade if there is lots of infantry around.

Armor is not very usefull to have. You still die to a direct hit from a rocket or tank shell so its only help is to make the Flash able to take bit more bullets before blowing up or more splash hits. Either case you are more likely getting killed from the Flash before it goes down.

With autorepair you can take some hits and being able to get back to full health before next pass.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kazrak

As a regular Cloak-Fury peasant i would recommend that you use the Flak-Armor on your Infantry load-out that way you can drive almost directly over tank mines without dying a horrible fast an confusing death

I don't think that any other perk besides Cloak is very usefull with this vehicle cause you just get killed waaaaaaaaaaay to often and fast if the enemy can see you

Fury Granade launcher is the weapon of my choice cause you can hunt down smoking tanks or even kill on with full health all by yourself if the driver isn't very bright
    but i haven't tried the renegade and i wouldn't use the machineguns except for the directives

For the performance everyone has to find their prefered style i use scrapper for fast turns
  4. Kaindestroi

cloak-stealth-fury-scrapper-flak armor- tier 4 EOD implant-med-kit. thats my standard loadout.
    stealth helps allot whit killing unaware tanks from behind. and the eod implant saves me from allot of tank mines.
    swap to 2nd seat to apply med kits when needed.
    and when the flash gets to damaged i just jump off and redeploy to get a new one, they are cheap after all.
  5. Okjoek

I think you have something there. I'm usually more likely to die before the Flash does. So the Stealth option might be a better way to go. Thankfully I only have one level of composite armor equipped so It's not too late to switch with little loss of certs.

As for the performance I might have to go VR training to try them out as well as the weapons because while the renegade looks good for taking on infantry, I feel the 40mm grenades will be better because I value versatility of being able to support heavier vehicles in tank fights by sneaking up on the enemy tank while it's engaged. Often in what would normally be a 1v1 tank fight I like to make sure that our tank wins. Also as a common player of the engineer class I like to run up to support sunderers, throw 3 tank mines under it, toss a sticky genade and remount the Flash which I can finish off the Sunderer if the mines didn't finish the job completely.
  6. XanIves

Kobalt-F. 'nough said.

7. Liewec123

i'd really recommend ditching composite since the flash is already tanky enough to last longer than you will,
    (it offers the driver no protection)
    if you want to be really sneaky go with stealth, but personally i love nano repair, for those times when you're smoking.

for weapons it is almost always going to be fury, though Renegade is also pretty cool it lacks the ammo, range and vehicle ganking ability of fury

for performance i love the scrapper chassis for fast turning,

biggest flash advice when using fury, always go third person and use your head as the reticule :D
  8. Okjoek

For some reason I can't buy fury on the Flash since the update. =(
  9. Kaindestroi

for this kind of work the turbo flash whit racer frame shines.
    makes it easy to rush sundys before they can get their guns on you.
    rush in whit the fury blazing to get the shield down, then toss the mines to finish the job.
  10. Liewec123

arg, they might have broke the shop again, they'll probably fix it soon, in the mean time get farming certs! default fury has a really small ammo supply, and you'll want to max out the magazine size too, its a cert toilet, but well worth it once you have a maxed out invisible death machine that you can pull every minute :p
  11. St0mpy

depot bug is bug

racer master race

scout+stealth or if you must, wraith+NAR.

I used to love my little flash, took it everywhere, now drive harassers, way more fun and survivable, plus world+dog has motion sensors (and virtually no damn infiltrators bother to kill them with emps) so nobody misses the scout, I still take the flash out from time to time tho, is especially fun sneaking around the back of a battle so I can cheese the stupid snipers with my knife or a shotgun.