unkillable players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DerMalle, May 15, 2015.

1. DerMalle

As of late people just dont die anymore. I usually need more than one magazin to kill a player even if i unload it in their backs. Blackjack usually takes 2-3 hits to kill somone. A few months back it was a 1-hitter. Were the weapons nerfed or the hitpoints increased? It's not lag. my ping is always around 40-50 ms.

However something has changed that makes it almost impossible to kill players unless i catch them afk.
    Any ideas?
  2. FateJH

Perhaps you're the thing that changed.

Edit: okay, to be entirely fair, how far back are you comparing? One week? a fortnight? a month?
  3. DerMalle

About 2 months now. Nothing has changed on my hardware or internetconnection.
    However for the last 1 or 2 weeks some of my teammembers seem to experience the same problem.

Thats why i aksed if anything has changed. Mayber servers were switched after daybreak took over or something like that. Was trying to find a clue here.
  4. OldCuban

I've noticed something similar, but it's not as common for me.

Usually a couple times during one of my playing sessions ( usually 2 to 3 hours during primetime daily ), I'll encounter a player that can take an entire clip ( without missing a single shot ) to kill.

Sadly I can't give you an answer as to why this happens, I can only confirm that it does happen occasionally to me as well.

I can vouch that this has popped up recently, as in the last two weeks.

I'm thinking it's one of two things: Server lag or hackers.

And although I'm not one to call anyone a hacker outright, last night I saw multiple people on Emerald using warping and aimbot hacks simultaneously and blatantly. Something I haven't personally seen ever in PS2.

Makes me wonder if Daybreak changed any coding that either modified how hit detection works or that would enable these hacks to be more accessible?
  5. Ballto21

There have been issues with hit reg coming and going, and lagswitchers are showing up in bulk these days
    • Up x 4
  6. Tratt

Did you notice if the player is running around without a weapon? Maybe the are medkit-ing, there are plenty of people who run a kit as primary.
  7. OldCuban

Lagswitchers........if only hit detection was server side and not client side.
  8. johnway

Its all speculation. Sure there are times where i think i would have won the fight and i die repeatedly to one person but i can't help but feel that sometimes its just me being rubbish at aiming, technical issues or whether he is very coordinated with a strong team backing him/her.

In these situations where i do poorly i go elsewhere or i just do something else. Hard to prove lag switchers or is there?
    • Up x 1
  9. Yuki10

I had somewhere on video infil not dying from a pump shotty unloaded into the chest at point blank.
  10. BloodyG

I'm used to getting the short stick due to fast internet and living close to the server, but sometimes i get that player that lags around in front of me in a 1vs1 where i would have easy won otherwise but they didn't took any damage and all the shots they fired hit pretty much at the same time.It's hard to tell in bigger fights though because of the wonderful Servers...
  11. Akashar

There are big lag problems, with random hitches. Often I don't see it but from times to times, I check my ping and for a few seconds I'm around 500, from 60... Guess when glitches, and warping players happen? The fact is I don't see it on a regular basis because I don't always check my ping, and sometimes after such an episode I check it too late I suppose. My explication would be random lags that cause hit detection to stop working properly for a few seconds, but I'm no expert.
    • Up x 1
  12. Meeka

I ran into a player last week who took three Railjack shots, two Commissioner shots, and a knife... and still didn't die.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ballto21

thats what you get for using the crutchissioner
  14. Pokebreaker

Was the player standing still where a sunderer used to be?
  15. Cinnamon

16. Czarinov

I'm starting to sound old but.... a video would help. Like really much. Impossible to tell or help the issue clearly just from your words.
    • Up x 1
  17. BloodyG

Because it's so hard to install a tool and press a button ingame...
    just had a BR100 VS that died 5sec after i shot him, i died previous to him so i was cautious, i shot and gone to cover after i knew he would die from it...

Had another Speedhacker today that wanted to blow up our Sundy in a big fight with AT mines, he had camo and helmet don't know what BR, but it gets really tiresome when so much use tools/hacks...
  18. FateJH

We still have this problem?
  19. Pokebreaker

Don't know.
  20. uhlan

I've noticed a distinct gameplay change in hit reg and laggy players after 2200 Eastern time on Emerald.

I've almost given up playing after that time any more.