[Suggestion] HEAT & HE need to be buffed abit.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 14, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

They are simply not viable as much anymore.
    • Up x 1
  2. Devrailis

I don't believe I have ever seen a Vanguard with an HE cannon.

Even if it was viable, why would you take it on a Vanguard?

If I wanted to pull a Vanguard for AI duty, the Canister is a fine, fine system for that task.

Not saying HE doesn't need to be looked at, I just don't see the point in running it on the Vanguard at all.
  3. RedArmy

ill use HEAT vs HE/AP any day, so i have the option of vehicles as well as infantry. find myself using AP less and less and never liked HE.
    while using the prowler the HEAT is great at AI, and locked down great for AV - otherwise without lockdown its aweful and i pretty much die to anything but a lightning. Typically my close range AV strategy is Shoot and ram. works wonders on Magriders. not so much vanguards....
  4. qiray12

HEAT was nerfed and since then everyone ran AP. If you know how to use AP you dont need HE to get infantry kills.
    Only tank i use HE on is Prowler mainly you dont need to face a tank to get to the infantry.
    They dont need a buff and dont need a nerf exept the Lightning HE cus that thing still hurts (even against armor).
  5. Kristan

HEAT is fine. Well, for me at least. But HE really needs some love, it was overnerfed.
  6. DrBash00

I am getting you right here, you like to nerf the Lightning HE? I personal own the lightning HE but never use it because the viper is just better, for AI and AV Tasks... So please tell me i got you wrong....

In general, buff Vehicles, or to say it more accurate give them a USEFULL place in the game. At this time all meaningfull battles are INSIDE of a Base, wich are desinged for infantry only (little bit air, but it is no problem to get a rid of it). At this time vehicles are only annoying when some base is campet with +20% population, but pretty useless for serous tasks.

Planetside 2 is by far not the best FPS and i am not a FPS gamer, but PS2 had a really special gameplay, tons of raw metal nice airfights etc. and it got tuned down to a second class FPS, at least in my opinion.

This is why i support the idea of making HE stronger again, because it forces ppl to think about vehicles but i think much more important is to think about new enviroments or maby one continent where vehicle really mean something (like the OLD OLD Esamir)
  7. Iridar51

Perfect, that's exactly how they should stay forever.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scr1nRusher

No thats not how they should stay.

If 2 out of the 3 tank cannons are no longer viable, then something screwed up.
    • Up x 4
  9. Eyeklops

IMO, the main reason HE rounds needed nerfed was the sh*t base designs from release that lacked any meaningful cover. I'd support an across the board HE buff for tanks and the Zephyr, but not ESF's (they do well enough as is), and not Galaxy Bulldogs.

I had fun with an HE Vanny, but it's nothing compared to the raw infantry murdering power of a fully certed HE Prowler (pre-nerfs).
    • Up x 1
  10. Iridar51

If those 2 out of 3 tank cannons should not have even existed, then everything is perfectly fine.
  11. Devrailis

12. Eyeklops

Not to mention some fun with the Decimator...muhahahahaha!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Kristan

But they exist, and that's not for you to decide if they should be or shouldn't be there.
    • Up x 3
  14. Iridar51

As a reminder, you're in my ignore list. You can quote my posts or whatever, but addressing me is pointless.

"Not for you to decide" is a ****** argument for a forum. I can say too "it's not for you to decide what is and what isn't for me to decide". Or I could say "it's not for Scrinrusher to decide if HE/HEAT deserves a buff!". Gets the discussion nowhere.
  15. MahouFairy

Stop crying.
  16. MahouFairy

Someone can't deal with AI tanks.

*snickers*
  17. Iridar51

A broad, but true statement. I'm sure somewhere in the world there exist someone who can't deal with AI tanks. Just as there is someone who can deal with them. There probably also exists someone who thinks they're a bad game mechanic.

With 7 billion people on Earth, there are all kinds of people who can do all kinds of stuff.

*mars*
  18. Kristan

I see how it works since you perfectly see what I'm saying. :D

You're wrong. First of all, you're not a game developer, you have no power of what should be in this game or what shouldn't. You're a player, so again, you decide nothing in terms of gameplay mechanics. Developers created those guns for a reason. And if you don't like that reason... cope or go play World of Tanks.

You're wrong again. Since HE and HEAT have their place in the game, that means they have purpose and role implemented by developers. For this guy it's his right to give feedback to improve the quality of the already existing weapon to make it better at it's role that was brought by developers. He doesn't ask to completely remove something from game and create a gap in balance or mechanic that might cause more harm than good to the gameplay.
  19. Pikachu

Iridar doesn't like tank cannons in general. ;)
    • Up x 1
  20. _itg

Yeah, it's annoying (and an unfortunate sign of dev incompetence) that Vanguard HE is a straight downgrade to the lightning HE and Magrider VPC. If it has to fire so slowly, they could at least give it a marginally better blast radius than the other two cannons. That said, I've run it now and then in order to let someone else farm with my Canister. If I'm not expecting to see vehicles, there's no reason not to use HE.
    • Up x 1