Cloak is worthless.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 11, 2015.

1. MonnyMoony

Total invisibility obviously.

My only ever hackusation came after finding and killing a deep cloak stalker infiltrator who was farming infantry from a base tower.
  2. breeje

watch again he missed him
  3. Mianera

OP

Here's my issue with the video. I don't get to see the death recap and therefore don't know if he was running a flashlight on the LMG.

He might have been and because it is daytime in the video, that would cause you not to notice it.
  4. Dowlphin

Is this supposed to be a parody on cloak whiners?
    I really hope so, because if not, it turned out to be self-parody anyway, since it's complaining that a soldier basically tripped and fell over a cloaked infiltrator in broad daylight and knew he was there.

Many people seem to not understand that this is not World of Warcraft. The cloak is not supposed to provide invisibility. It is meant to greatly reduce the attention you draw.
  5. Ballto21

you could figure this out by pausing it on me when hes facing me. i do not glow purple

watch again, he didnt touch me, just ran near me. Im not always on the recieving end of this, every time i kill a cloaked infil i feel guilty because i know how ******** cloak is.
  6. Ryo313

Balto21 the cloak isn't working like in wow or tf2 ( even in tf2 you became visible when someone bumbs you).
    it works fine for me and the only times when i got shot is when
    a) someone bumbs into me and therefore can see me
    b) when i was moving
    c) turned around too much

when you move around too quickly ppl will notice a change in the distortion but when you are sitting still and in the right spot nobody is going to see you easily.

the cloak isn't ment to grand you 100% invisibility its a different type of cloak and tbh a more realistic one compared to the ones in wow or tf2 xP

i know it can be a pain sometimes but try to get better at hiding its possible... there are many ppl out there who can sit infront of enemys without getting noticed ( i did that as well its possible )
  7. Get2dachoppa

Darklight is currently bugged. Its possible you can be illuminated by a darklight flashlight and not see the cone of light itself, nor will you glow your faction specific color when the beam is shining on you. Cute Beaver has done extensive testing on this. Also, deep cloak is still buggy in that it will not always put your entire character into deep cloak. Parts of your helmet or weapon may not be in the deep cloak state and will stand out like a sore thumb.

Saying cloak is worthless is an exaggeration, but it is certainly an unreliable, buggy mess right now.
  8. Ballto21

exaggeration, yes. mostly clickbait.

but you cant deny that even without bugs, its pretty "eh" at anything but sniping.
  9. Goretzu

I dunno I'm fairly rarely found by anyone with my Stalker cloak....... but then equally when I am found with that it seems to be by people that see me very easily (with no obvious Darklight or appearing on minimap).
  10. Ballto21

im mostly talking about moving, the endless bugs, and the fact youre still visible to the scrutinizing eye or on low settings (or both)
  11. Nregroepis

I'd like to tell something that happened earlier this morning with regards to cloak...

I was deep cloaked with the stalker cloaking for over 2.5 minutes, crouched, not moving, and in an area where there was no allies or enemies nearby, only to see the bullet effect came straight at my head and then i'm dead. The death screen showed an infiltrator with a sniper rifle, and it showed that the shot was taken from a very, very long distance away.

Maybe it was hacking, maybe it was some whatchamacallit, or possibly the very unlikely event that this sniper accidentally pulled the trigger in the perfect spot.

Any thoughts?
  12. Ryo313

you shouldn't be visible for any infiltrator at that range when you are deepcloaked... or maybe a bug where your head was still visible.
  13. Vorpal_Spork

You're right. I watched in slow motion. Still, the guy was rotating around while an enemy was inches away and looking right at him. What did he expect?
  14. breeje

i know it's most discussable
    only as an fellow stalker infil it never happened to me that someone just turns and kill in this short time
    most of the time they will stop for 1sec to inspect or fire one salvo to be sure
    this player is suspicious to me, still it's possible
  15. Ballto21

i expect to not have to stare one direction for my ability to work. i can understand him walking through me and killing me, but me looking around lighting me up?
  16. Vorpal_Spork

Everything is more obvious when it moves. You know you're not 100% invisible so why do you think you can move with someone staring at you from 6 inches away? It's just common sense. Granted, I haven't had tons of experience with infil, but I have tried it. I had people walk right past me from that close. I even had one guy run into me and somehow still not figure it out. o_O Sure I'd like if the stalker cloak worked like a PS1 cloak, but calling it "worthless" is hyperbole.
  17. Ballto21

its intended to be hyperbole for clickbait and other things.

im aware its more visible when moving, but having to stare one direction is ridiculousthat twitching my mouse (im aware what i was doing was more than twitching) will often get you spotted
  18. Meeka

No you're not suppoed to be 100% invisible, no where does it say you're supposed to be 100% invisible while in deep cloak; nor has it ever been made known that's the intent.

Deep cloak makes you harder to see, but NOT invisible; nor should it ever.

A lot of people think deep cloak is supposed to do that, but that's not what it was ever meant to do; the biggest problem with the cloak is people thinking that.
  19. giltwist

20. Ballto21

cloak is totally worthless unless the enemy team is completely incompetent, or blind, or sniping, or youre just really lucky. Granted, if there werent bugs, it would have some use as a stalker.

it really needs to be looked at and brought back to what it was in beta