DBG was afraid the crossbow would be OP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 13, 2015.

1. LazyAsian

So ******' true
  2. Scr1nRusher

lol.

so rather then focus on a positive topic(slightly buffing the crossbow), you rather care about the impression on the forums I give.
  3. LodeTria

Plz give the AC-X11 30 rounds instead of 24.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cirena

[citation needed]
    • Up x 1
  5. Pat22

Clearly isn't, seeing as explosive bolts come in packs of 3.
  6. Takara

At this point I'm inclined to agree that his OCD nature is getting the better of him. As the argument is....everything on the crossbow should be 4! *Shrugs* Not a reason enough to change it...I don't think it was a flaw.
  7. K2k4

There's not enough ammo in the explosive bolt crossbow with rank 3 ammo belt to take out a deploy shield sundy which has been hit with 2 bricks of c-4. Just saying.

It feels like the explosive bolts were designed not to kill vehicles, but to finish a severly damaged, almost dead vehicle and steal the kill. They're not very effective versus maxes either, and you would still be better off using the ubgl for that purpose with any class except the infiltrator (if anybody still uses the ubgl that is).
  8. Get2dachoppa

My guess the 3 bolts instead of 4 is simply following with the Dev's design decision all weapon attachments that provide some kind of benefit must also come with some kind of drawback.

But if you get enough bored, crossbow wielding infiltrators together you can still cause a little mayhem.
    • Up x 2
  9. Ballto21

If anyone wants a video of me killing scrin froma tree here you go

make a gif if youd like
  10. Scr1nRusher

A simple buff to 4 bolts would do alot of good for that bolt type, aswell as bring it in line with the other types.
  11. Scr1nRusher

oh Ballto.

Remember what we chatted about involving cloak types & deep cloak?
  12. Ballto21

yes.

remember when we chatted in only hashtags?
  13. Scr1nRusher

yes lol
  14. Lucidius134

What would be the point in using non-explosive bolts over explosive bolts if they had the same round count/drop
  15. Crayv

I could see them giving explosive bolts either the same drop/velocity or the same mag size but not both. An extra round won't really increase the alpha damage much since it fires very slowly (would make it a little better at chiping at vehicles and MAXs). While the same velocity and drop would extend it's range so you can chip at things a little more safely.
  16. Lucidius134

I'd like drop normalization myself but that'd also make anti-infantry easier with it.
  17. task_master

Last I checked it takes 8 bolts to kill maxes.

Regular crossbow should absolutely be able to instagib infantry with headshot within a few meters. God forbid stalkers are useful combat classes with anything besides EMP spam. Explosive bow can simply not do that and have worse velocity.
  18. FateJH

I have to correct a previous post. It actually takes twelve Striker rockets to destroy a Lightning in PlanetSide Classic. That's still two reloads, and the second just to get two rockets.

Oh, get over it. There are a few side arms that average two to three shots-to-kill and the one we're talking about comes silenced. Infiltrators are not useless at combat if they can't OHKO.
    • Up x 1
  19. Regpuppy

Stalkers have the primary weapon restriction to limit their power, which includes the one-shot sniper rifles. Making crossbows oneshot, even within a more limited range, runs counter to this previous balance decision. Especially so for a weapon that is designed to be, for the most part, silent.