Cobalt TR, we are just embarassing.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roach75, May 11, 2015.

1. Roach75

Sure we have some good players here and there and we try really hard sometimes but overall we are just bad, so bad that we cannot even hold an alert win when we started with nearly 60% territory and continent pop advantage. Not many seem to give a **** about doing anything else apart from farming certs and KDR, much of the player base myself included just do not have the experience or ability (not everyone can be awesome ok!) to do anything about it when the more experienced leaders log off.

Most of the time squads do nothing, spread out all over the place even whole platoons where no one says a thing during an alert! We have no air cover for much of the time whilst we get pounded by VS and NC and it is the same story with armour, yes on occasion we might get some, but not even close to the same consistent support that the other factions seem to be able to call upon.

I know there are still some good people and I've come across quite a few in recent days but it's getting to be a bit of a joke now.

It feels like a large part of our best and veteran players/leader just left and either went to other factions or stopped playing, which is sad, it's been this way for nearly a year now. I know many of you say this goes around in circles, but does it? How do you know?

I'm not asking for buffs to the TR tech as I don't really have much issue with the balancing of the factions (except Magriders- I hate you all!!!! :) I'm not sure what we as a faction can do about it but I hope we can overcome it soon, it's just plain demoralising.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
  2. Onhil

Well if one faction has 60% territory and continent pop advantage from the start of an alert I would except you to lose as the two other will 80% of the time focus on the winning faction. And if you didn't know about everyone in this game seems to only care about getting killed and having a high KDR.

And for the rest you have metioned VS and NC feels the same
  3. qiray12

You got some awesome squads, platoons running. If you lose 4/10 alerts doesnt mean cobalt tr is bad.
    Even nc and vs lose a alert with 60% cont and cont pop advantage its not just you. Just play your game and enjoy it and if you can try to improve others.
  4. Mxiter

1) Lack of players in outfits
    Often during coordonated alert, all decent outfits are busy in importants/strategic battle right an left but it's not rare to see a 96+ zerg form randomnon ouftits or unknown micro outfits guys attacking/defending an useles cutted off base in middle of VS/NC lattices with total lack of strategy. Just for the farm.

I dunno if they just lonewolf/zerg in a large platoon leaded by terrible "leaders" (if we can call them like this) or if they just regroup into a mindless & useless farming chokepoint.
    But anyway, it's hurting a lot TR side.

2) overextending the first hour
    TR overextend way too often during the first hours as result VS & NC focussing both TR until the end of the alert because attacking the "winning" side the last hour is important and once they start zerging, the're unable to spread or move them zerg to NC-VS lattices even when one of them take the lead.

3) lack of (massive) defense
    They're unable to redeploy a zerg with 60-70% pop and spam force multipliers (maxes, vehicles) like hell in defense like VS and NC does (especially TRID and TFDN zergfits) since there isn't as big zergfits in TR than in VS & NC. The closest things are certainly TTRO and RIMG but those arn't as big or as coordonated or as spammers.
    Also, too often, TR focus on attack and "forget" to defend very important bases/chokepoints wich are almost ghotcapped.

4) lack of vehicle spam for spawncamping
    Ever seen VS/NC attacking a base with 60-70% pop? You can't leave the spawn without being instagibbed by hordes of aircrafts tanks and maxes even while redeploying until outnumbering attackers.
    When TR attacks, they're the most of time with few sundies and mostly in infantry with few maxes. Not hard to redeploy a zerg and spam max, get back the point and destroy those low defeded sunderers.

Overall, TR looks the least zerging and force multipliers spammers faction on cobalt. (not telling that they never does it)

Also the large number of small-average variable outfits makes it harder to coordonate than just having to coordonate between 5-6 large outfits zergfits since you can't think "well, the line is safe, they'll zerg them until the warpgate" and have to keep an eye on different battle situation on any moment.
    • Up x 1
  5. Roach75

Do you play TR on Cobalt? A year ago I'd have agreed with you, where are the once mighty TTRO, weekend warriors now, that's where, and as great as the Getr can be even they can't seem to turn the fortunes of battle anymore, I'm not saying anything bad against them, it is what it is R/L people move on. Also it's not 4/10 alerts either, I'd love that, it's barely 1/10 alerts. Come play TR Cobalt for a week and see. Like I said we have some good players etc but not as many as there were once and compared to the other factions we appear lacking in leadership, organisation and overall quality, this does not detract from the many individual moments of excellence in battle I'm looking at the whole.

To quote a VS friend of mine:

won the alert,as usual lol
    Its true, like when we fight the TR, its like a pushover, we only really see NC as a threat most times its funny
  6. Stargazer86

I don't know. You could be like the Emerald TR, where you start capturing a base, get bored, wander off, and then let the enemy pounce and take it back. Happens every single alert.

Just because you are currently capping a base does not mean the base is therefore capped. Defend.
  7. Cinnamon

I rarely play my Cobalt TR character any more. When I log in the fights normally seem bad and I don't have that much fun with TR weapons most of the time. Winning alerts or not I don't really care unless for some reason I'm playing with people who care for some reason and they get in a mood.
  8. Roach75

9. Shaengar

TR on Cobalt seem to have lost the greatest number of skilled players of all three factions here. There have always been very good and hard to kill players but sadly I don't see a majority of them anymore.

The great days of TR seem to be over. When we still played on Ceres before the merge with Cobalt they were the strongest empire. But since the TR lost its Striker and generally appears to be a bit underpowered in many aspects some players rather switched sides and went over to NC/VS or left the game completely.

TR also lost its air-superiority since BLNG disbanded which was their greatest strong point until recently.

I guess in the long run it will even out again. NC was in a very bad position not too long ago but really started to do well the last months.

Maybe a few buffs to the TR would bring people back to the faction. A competitive directive LMG, similar in strengt to the Betelgeuse and the Godsaw, would be a good start along with some buffs to long range AV capabilities.
    • Up x 1
  10. EliteEskimo

Our biggest problem us over extending, make both the factions attack us, getting into a 6 front battle between NC/VS while they only have 2 on their own fronts, and we lose much of what we got in the first hour.
    • Up x 2
  11. xMaxdamage

I was about to make a similar post, dunno if we recently lost outfits, but the level of our organization is the lowest I've ever seen. Seems like all the good players left us to go on other empires, or on miller TR (which rocks)
    During alerts we have pmuch no organized outfits and plaaton, soon to 0 air support (gals etc) and even if I change squad a lot I never find someone leading well.
  12. qiray12

Yes i played cobalt tr i was and still are in the RIMG outfit, yes your outfits are decreasing in pop but its not that bad, i hopped o nc for 2 reasons: 1 i like the weapons more and 2 for the reason u made this post. Tr was low in pop months ago but they are getting back up a little bit right now.
  13. Roach75

For you to say it's not that bad just says to me it has been way too long since you were on TR, did you check the link I provided also? Seriously, hop on to your TR character and play consistently for a whole week, then tell me it's not that bad. In fact comeback and stay, we need veterans back from wherever they went to.
  14. xMaxdamage

I decided four days ago to hop vanu on Miller, they are the most struggling faction there but not by THAT much. the level of Organization on miller VS/NC/TR is just another planet if compared to TR cobalt, I'm tired of spamming the /re chat saying they should attack sunderers, we are at the point that with just one sundy and same population the opponents can take a TR facility with no1 going for their sundy.
    And I opened threads here suggesting a better squad system where the leader could set team objectives, and I opened threads saying we in TR are tired about the difference in AV max and infantry effectiveness with other empires, it's bad when you see an enemy sunderer coming at your base and you have to wait it to be at the range of your weapons, while on my NC and VS alt I can damage the sundy even before I render to him, or shoot him from cover etc.
    I like ES weapons (like everyone here, since we play a faction game) and it sucks that my HA has to equip a NS-like launcher because our ESRL has no niche I can adapt my game to, it sucks that our ESHW is a LMG sidegrade with less damage than it has on paper on almost all situations, even at 10 meters the ADS CoF is bigger than the opponent's model, I have better performance with lasher on ANY situation, especially at range and in close combat.
    I'll be back on my home faction when/if we get some ES love.
  15. breeje

i started out as TR now BR 100 every weapon i want unlocked and played to auraxium there was noting left for me to do but farming
    so i made 5 new characters 2 NC, 2 VS and 1 new TR
    since i already played TR to there fullest potential i play now manly NC and VS
    i only log in with my TR main to play with friends and outfit on occasion
    therefore the VS and NC benefit now from my experience
  16. LodeTria

Maybe you should stop attacking VS if the NC are winning?
  17. DCWarHound

TTRO was pretty disorganized on the Indar alert last night,we had around 80 people all zerging and capping low pop bases.There were even other low pop bases in the latice that we could stealth cap with a squad.None of the captains ordered us to redeploy to defend points that were being capped by enemy squads.

I quit before the alert ended because we didn't have anyone competent online,not sure who won.I feel we win more alerts on the weekends,we were even able to cap bases were we were outpopped last weekend.

What happened to "DeltaSquad" (a squad full of BR100's that are specialized in infantry combat) and MAX crash Galaxy drops?
  18. Lord_Avatar

TTRO's Delta transformed into The Harkonnen [HKON] (courtesy of DiscoSpider and MrKippers). Sadly, after a long time of kicking *** (good old Ceres) our numbers have dwindled. Some still play, but a lot of us moved on due to lack of new content.
  19. Nerfav

When we decide what we do next during our platoons or squads, we check what the VS are doing first, reacting to what they do, and then, if there is nothing to do and TR are winning/pushing us for no reason, we go for TR.
  20. Haquim

I don't think we are actually underpowered or something.
    Aside from occasionally getting the feeling that every TR around me is either braindead or a coward that won't assault an objective because he could get shot. But I assume that is not specific to our side.

I think our problem is strategy/organisation.
    We seem to have the habit of attacking the middle of the continent for some reason - which I don't tire to mention - is pretty ********.
    This forces both NC and VS to engage US because we have driven a wedge of TR territory between them and they barely have any connected territory to each other.
    That is NOT how divide et impera works. And even if it did it wouldn't work in a world where enemies respawn within 5-10 seconds and resources are infinitely and readily available.