Cloak is worthless.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 11, 2015.

1. Ballto21

its still too ******* visible moving. it shouldnt be invisible ever completely but easily spottable at 30 meters? ridiculous
  2. DQCraze

funny how people get so bent while they are cheesin people. Everyone knows what to look for and how to find it. You arent invisible. Watch the movie predator thats the cloak your infil is using.
  3. RainbowDash9

i just thought of something though....at least its better than advanced warfare's Soap Bubble
    [IMG]
  4. Ryo313

i'm also playing on cobalt and was once hiding in one place for over 15 minutes ( a tower on indar i was sitting near the A point and 10 NCs were looking for me but noone could fine me for those 15 minutes until a BR 2 came by and shot me x'D)

but then again it also happens alot that ppl are easily spottet with the stalker cloak and it happend to me alot. you need the right place for it and in the video it seems that the HA was running into you and he only noticed you after that ( thats why he turned around and shot you instead of shooting at you right in the instant he faced you.)
  5. lothbrook

Most of the time when i find a deep cloaked infil without my flash light its because i ran into him, theres been like 3 occasions where i saw a weird ripple where their head was, most of the time i pull out my flashlight in order to find them, and like the idiots most infiltrator players are they sit completely still while i scour the room and find them hiding in a corner knowing i'm moving closer and closer and do nothing as i shoot them in the head with my pistol, because i'm not putting a flash light on my main weapon.
  6. Meeka

I'm not sure why you find it worthless, I'm able to use it to evade people who are actively chasing me; let alone people not looking for me.

If there's soldiers running around me, I stay perfectly still until I feel I'm safe... I've been in the middle of enemy lines, had experienced heavies walk up to me, stand right next to me and fire their LMGs *over* my head at someone else, not knowing I was there in deep cloak.

Not so worthless, really, but to each their own! :D
  7. sIcGER

I only read first page ...

Meeka is right ... YOU MOVED ... when you move (it is enough to move your mouse only a tiny bit) you are visible like you would crouch move... that guy who killed you im sure saw you way before you guess he did
  8. 7 Drunk Midgets

I don't really ever notice stalkers sitting in deep cloak. But to the OP, cloak is anything but useless. I used to belong to your camp, thinking infiltrators were gimped with their ability. When I started playing on my alts that are not dedicated to infiltrator, I saw just how powerful cloak is as a device to throw off aim and to flank. I play on the lowest settings possible, and am not able to spot moving infiltrators at longer ranges. Maybe that's just me, but its worth noting.
  9. Czarinov

Not moving for at least 30 seconds? Lie.
    Seen the second some HA came by? No.
    Against some solid background? Probably no.

So he runs into you from and angle where you shine up on the background of skies or some far objects, most probably BUMPS into your side and kills you.

Your understanding...... BAD CLOAK. Really? Heavy DIND'T see you until he scratched you with his side OR got to extremely close proximity.

Sorry to say.... LEARN2PLAY. Your attitude is really bad. Even if it was a cloak problem, you ALREADY lied in your post about stuff like background and not moving for 30 seconds (and I mean moving in space, not turning) and it's already a sign you're NOT being objective.

Really, I can troll people for 10 minute straight with stalker until I get bored. And you here complaining about how it's broke.

EDIT: the only advice I can give you is record at least 10 min of your gameplay and post it in INF section without whining. Let pro cloakers watch it and help you.

That's not true.
  10. Goretzu

On high quality setting he may well have picked up on your turning there.

On the other hand I've been got quite a lot recently stationary in deep stalker cloak by people that instantly seemed to know I was there......... I can only assume it's bugged or there's a new fairly popular ESP hack going around.
  11. Eternaloptimist

I've had the same experience as Balto many times. I just assumed it was my bad luck that a baddy happened to run straight towards me or into me. But I'm not so sure. I think turning on the spot is a giveaway as the background distorts but there are some who seem to see me from miles away and I have also been chased through undergrowth while cloaked
  12. NinjaKirby

Basically what everyone else said.

1) High visibility despite deep cloak due to rotating on the spot within 5-10m range of the enemy
    2) Looks like player collision may have alerted him
    3) You sat adjacent to a walkway where people are likely to run

I don't think the cloak is worthless, I've had enough enemies run past me oblivious. Granted, I have like 2-3% play time as Infil, but I have had it work pretty good for me.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tbone

NS15 and orion and betelgeuse and orion and sva-88 its all yor lmg vanu(except ns15m)
  14. Alarox

He bumped into you, realized there must be an infiltrator there, then shot you in the face.

That's why he went passed you, then turned and shot you.

If he did not bump into you he wouldn't have shot you.
  15. OldMaster80

Well, no. Once you're in deep cloak you're supposed to be 100% invisible. Many times stalker infiltrators get spotted because they make noise or they ignore motion detectors.
    But in this case it's legit to think there is again a new bug with cloaking.

A new ticket should be started on the dgc bug tracker. That's the fastest way to solve this.
  16. PostalDude

Tl:dr Infiltrators not knowing how to infiltrate.
    • Up x 1
  17. Vorpal_Spork

Watch again. He ran right into him. It's pretty obvious there's a cloaker when you start bumping into nothing.
  18. Ryo313

not only that... sometimes you can see the distortion even if they are in deep cloak... but yeah you're right he ran into him.
  19. MonnyMoony

Erm no. Deep cloak has never been 100% invisible and to my knowledge was never designed to be.

The only time cloak is/was 100% invisible:

1. When you are beyond a certain distance.
    2. When SOE implemented a temporary fix to the "low graphics - glowing grey cloak" exploit (which has since gone away).
  20. LT_Latency

How is it worthless?? The guy almost walks right by you from like 5 feet away. You even turning you not perfectly still.

The guy literal walks right over you before he sees you.......I don't understand what people expect from cloak
    • Up x 1