PPA was nerfed why maradeur and canister not?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by strid3r478, May 12, 2015.

1. strid3r478

PPA is nerfed to level of basilisk pts version far from other two factions to compete, meanwhile the maradeur that have more dps then old ppa and is really good at close and long ranges was not nerfed , canister good at medium range and shreds infantry into pieces at close range was not nerfed, oh btw the mardeur and canister can one clip harrasers yet the PPA can't so, i want to ask you devs when you will pull out your heads out of your turtle shells and look around to see what you've been doing, suggestion to future game ballance , check other faction guns before doing any changes.
  2. Alarox

It was nerfed because it was insanely overpowered while the others were sidegrades to the Kobalt.

The closest comparison to the old PPA in range and killing power is an HE cannon.

[IMG]

In any case, it is already going to receive buffs in this month's update:

• Up x 14
  3. FateJH

Shouldn't the Marauder be a Fury / Basilisk sidegrade?

There was also a bit of "you only pull it when you know you can use it" to the Canister and the Marauder numbers. In the Marauder's case, it got great results but very few people actually pulled it (back then, at least); even then, those people only pulled it when they felt it was an appropriate weapon for the situation. PPA, by contrast, was a generalist weapon that was pulled regardless of the situation and everyone was doing tremendously better with it. The Canister, by design, would never be able to pull off that kind of power unless it moved into pre-nerf Banshee territory (and we know where that went). Similarly, the Marauder had already been nerfed very early on for being "too powerful" and that nerf was what propelled it into becoming a "key looking for a lock" type of weapon. That left PPA looking like the un-hammered nail.
  4. Alarox

The Marauder can only damage light armor and infantry unlike the Fury / Basilisk which damage everything.
    • Up x 1
  5. prodo123

Canisters are almost useless beyond 20m while the old PPAs could spam at near render distance and still be somewhat effective.
    I consider this as payback for abusing this OPness since launch, but the nerf was way too brutal.
    • Up x 1
  6. Cinnamon

Marauder has been nerfed more than once I think and Cannister has been reworked more times than a LA starlet's face.
  7. Tbone

Cause its not works like "you get nerf so the other two should get nerf as well".
    • Up x 1
  8. Lucidius134

It was point and click and had the lowest skill floor and was super effective (no drop, low cof, aoe)

TR had the huge arc on the marauder to deal with which limited range.
    NC had shotgun pellets to limit range
    VS had nothing to limit range/effectiveness.
    • Up x 2
  9. strid3r478

I will tell the main reason why the marauder was not having that much kills as PPA , cause why would you invest in secondary when you already having primary mbt gun that acts like ppa - marauder i am talking about fire rate of deployed prowler, thats what see in every fights prowler finds remote spot deploys and farming infantry the same way as PPA did or even better it not only farming infantry ,vehicles too .
  10. Morti

the marauder has drop, the canister requires aim.

the marauder was also nerfed the same time they nerfed the Fury.
  11. Mxiter

Despite have better KPH, prowler have worse KPU than magrider.

This mean that a VPC magrider kill in average more infantry than HE prowler each time it's pulled: It will kill a bit slower, but will live longer to reach higher number of kills.

http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/

Just like FPV magrider VKPU is higher than AP prowler VKPU.

Back to the OP, the PPA was just insane and was useful and spammed in every situation. Low skill floor, low risks for very high rewards.

It have been overnerfed (like some of old OP stuffs: ZoE, Fractures, Strikers ect comes to my mind) but DBG already planned to buff it.
    Just be patient.

It's not like you're actually swarmed by dozens of gamebreaking canister and marauder on every fights. like VS used to do with the old version.
  12. Shadowomega

It was nerfed because people whined it was OP. While it was doing better then the Marauder and Canister it was actually even with the Kolbalt in KPU and KPH during that time. Even funnier is the VS with the Kolbalt was also having better KPU and KPH over the other two factions yet its the same weapon. Now for a couple weeks after the first PPA nerf and Marauder Buff (the extra 25 m/s projectile speed) we saw the Marauder pull count shot up to the same amount of the PPA and was on par with its KPU and KPH for that time frame. However, once the luster of the buff disappeared pull amount dropped off sharply and so did the KPU and KPH. Granted this was for the Harasser variant not the tank Variant, the tank variant for the VS was holding a higher KPU and KPH over the Marauder Tank Variant, but Prowler HE kept that gap close. In short an AV/AI Mag was pulling the same KPU and KPH as an AI/AV Prowler.

I personally still believe it is tied to the fact the other two factions rarely had vehicle protection or just had low skill vehicle protection for their pushes. As on Emerald at the time I know AT (the outfit I am in) would either come in via Galaxy or Sundy most of the time and we would have skilled AV/AV Magriders acting as support to keep the enemy vehicles off the infantry. This is something that wouldn't show in the statics even if people looked into the AV Mag KPH/KPU. Currently I find the PPA just rubbish, and before you ask this doesn't apply to the LPPA on the Scythe as that is a completely different weapon.
  13. QuakerOatsMan

The PPA future re-buff will very much make it a competitive weapon again, potentially more fun to use than the canister or marauder.

Did you look at the "uniques" tabs? The number of people using PPA easily outnumbered those using marauders and canisters. And each one of them was statistically getting more kills than the counterparts. Factor in a lower average BR for the PPA and a monkey could figure that everyone and his mom on VS were pulling PPAs and being successful with them with little effort. I suppose it's easier to dismiss legitimate complaints about something that ruins gameplay for everyone else as "whining" when you don't have to face that threat yourself.

And how many kobalts do you see equipped/gunned every day? Hopefully you realize that something like a few BR 100s trying to auraxium all their weapons (e.g.: burst-fire guns) can easily skew the statistics to make some weapons have an "OP"-looking performance, especially if the rest of the player population avoids using those weapons because they are considered boring or "hard to use." For example, compare "uniques," "KPH," and "average BR" for kobalt MBT secondaries and maybe you'll notice that it's probably a bunch of higher BR players using the kobalt, not the "skill" of factions of players across a server or the entire PS2 population.
    • Up x 4
  14. EViLMinD

The canister was the worst gun in the game for about 2yrs. It's in a good place now. DB shouldn't f with it.

The marauder could be in need of some love. I can't recall the last time I encountered one. Emerald TR might just be too focused on Vulcan these days.
  15. GhostAvatar

Why wouldn't they be focused on it? Its about the only thing left that TR has. And they might as well get the most out of it, before it is given to every faction further nerfing the asymmetrical balance of TR.
  16. strid3r478

Why you compering two different mbt main guns i mean 1000certs magrider VPC and default prowler HE
    lets do it right way fpc and p2 ap
    kills FPC 7569
    p2 ap 8504
    avg playtime
    FPC 367.2
    p2 ap 355

KPU only shows that magrider being spawned much less and mostly by skilled players thats why it has better KPU
    yet the prowler still have more kills in less time ,its exactly explains the numbers i provided the prowler being pulled much more time and by lees skilled players that pulling it for farm, as i was saying why would you invest in secondary when your primary acts like ppa-marauder plus it farming vehicles as-well.
    that's why marauder didn't got that much kills as ppa.
    i found it funny you telling only one stat that is highet on vs out of 10 higher tr :D

Just like dployed prowler that farming from 400m:rolleyes:

No no just swarm of prowlers with any possible ability :rolleyes:
  17. stalkish

Default prowler cannon is HEAT
    P-120 HEAT = Supernova PC (Particle Cannon)
    P-120 HE = Supernova VPC (Volatile Particle Cannon)
    P-120 AP = Supernova FPC (Focused Particle Cannon)
    • Up x 4
  18. Mxiter

Nope: i'm comparing:

AI main gun:
    prowler HE: 12.46 KPU 45.41KPH
    Magrider VPC: 15.38KPU 44.28KPH

AV main gun:
    Prowler AP: 13.18VKPH 4.88 VKPU
    Magrider FPC: 11.47VKPH 5.36VKPU

I always lauth a lot of "only skilled VS players pull X thing" argument to explain any overperforming VS stuff.
    Like if the 20% more spawned AP and HE prowler were by all TR noobs wich can afford 700-1000 certs/700SC guns and shoot at trees.

Nope: those stats only means 1 thing:

Prowlers kill faster than magrider and dies faster (on average)
    Magriders kill slower than prowlers but get more kills than prowler each time spawned thanks to it's higher survivability (on average)

Old PPA magrider and HE anchored prowler comparison is also ridiculous:
    -Prowler give up most of its firepower (it's main stregth) and all it's mobility.
    -PPA magrider can keep it's main AV firepower and have insane mobility.

it's like comparing an engeneer manning an AI mana turret wich would have no shield and heavy assault equipped with betlgeuse.

You can also comparing how secondary weapons perform way better on magrider! Because VS are more skilled? Or because magrider platform offer way better positioning than others MBT?
    Add those to main gun performance and you'll notince that magrider is performing straight better than prowlers.

Back to the OP:
    -Marauder have smaller mag and medium range wich force the user to takes high risks to use it and use hit and run tactics.
    -Old PPA was point and click spam from hundred of meters from unexpected angles (harasser and swagrider hill climbing abilities)

Arguing that old PPA was balanced with marauder and canister is like arguing that relase striker-fractures-ZoE-Magriders or actual betlgeuse-orion-SVA-Ravens-Vulcan were/are balanced with other weapons of its class.

PPA is actually overnerfed none will deny it, but will be buffed way faster than any other overnerved stuffs considering patch notes announcement.

You'll complain for that too?
  19. AlterEgo

What if I told you...

That Winnie was justice and CJ was a nerf?
  20. strid3r478

Yes they have higher survivability becouse there is more dedicated mbt players in vs faction as i said in previous message .
    You ignoring fact about true reason of KPU , nothing new from TR fanboys i see no further conversation to ignorant person .
    It makes me laugh that you compering only the gun HE VPC guns that are the most rarely used and only they have more kill as vs , most mbt now using ap rounds so thats why i compering them.