Cloak is worthless.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 11, 2015.

1. Lucidius134

Stop looking around. It was hard to watch.
  2. gigastar

Seems to me that guy actually ran into you before he saw you.
  3. 00000000000000000000

I wasn't going to respond but I noticed this has gotten 19 replies in 27 minutes. Damn thats fast.
  4. breeje

i think it's third software because you where in the open in the video
  5. breeje

we take our cloak serous
  6. Ballto21

When actively looking for a cloaked infiltrator in a more enclosed or cqc forced area (like a rooftop or small room/building) cloak is very easy to see as shown here.

I couldnt find him when he cloaked in more open areas after breaking my LoS, but if i had a darklight i could hear the footsteps and cloaking noises. I knew his general area.
    • Up x 3
  7. AxiomInsanity87

Yeah it is pretty lame. That's kind of why I'm enjoying the ps4 so much.

I just switch it on and there's no bs. I can deal with the lack of frames because there's just no bs. It just works and plays without all the bs we get on PC and I can play with decent enough graphics without worrying if maybe they are too high and cluttering my screen too much and getting me killed. I dont have to choose between anything, macro anything, change anything, tweak anything or nothing.

I think ive turned to the dark side.
  8. Lucidius134

The only way it could be faster was if we brought up .75x modifiers on lmg's
  9. JudgeNu

Deep Cloak is stillness.
    You were moving and most anyone with a keen eye can detect your movement that close.
    All it takes is one slight flicker, even in the corner of your eye, to detect a change and attract the eye which moves rapidly.
    • Up x 1
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Balto posts some dank kush yo lol
  11. Ballto21

this was on high settings. on lower settings id be able to spot him a lot easier
  12. Kaindestroi

some graphic settings are just plain broken.
    check out this video for example

look at how every infantry that is under some kind of particle effect gets a white outline.
    same thing happens whit cloaks.
  13. Lemposs

With the combination of the angle that he comes from, and what the background would be like from his perspective and how the distortion would make that look like; I actually think that one is reasonable to blame on yourself for positioning.
  14. Killshoot1

Maybe it's just me , by when I come so close
    To a cloaked infiltrator my crosshairs turns red
    I don't know if it is a bug , please
    Let me know when it's not legit
  15. MonnyMoony

Erm no - you were looking around the whole time. I have spotted many deep cloak infils because of this.

The human brain is tuned to spot movement - so even though you were in deep cloak - the fact you were looking around means that you were a lot more visible than if you had remained perfectly still.

I have only ever found perfectly stationary infils either:

1. A stray shot has hit them making their cloak shimmer
    2. I was using blacklight

Invariably if a deep cloak stalker gets spotted - it's because they screwed up (as you did in this vid).
  16. Sunflash

I think it's just been mentioned repeatedly here; but I will also throw out: Turning counts as moving.

I have spotted countless Stalkers simply because they turned to look at me when they heard me coming. Places I never expected and suddenly see this blur as they turn around to crosshair at me? Only /one/ thing can do that, so its bullet time.

You weren't looking at the guy at the time, so its hard for me to say how likely it was for him to know you were there, but once you started turning once he was almost ontop of you, game was over.

Now that being said, I will agree that cloaking in general isn't that great.

But completely useless? Disagreed completely. Sorry.
  17. RainbowDash9

i just take my dank stalker cloak and sit on a hill with the fazehand and quikskup skrubz all day
  18. FateJH

It's highly likely he noticed bumping into something invisible when trying to cross between rooftops via the piping.
  19. FBVanu

Here you go again, you misunderstand the cloak. it is NOT for you not to be seen, it is for you to be difficult to detect.
    The player walked below, looked up, and probably saw you.. short time after that he is on the roof, looking for you,
    runs close by you, sees the cloak and fires on you..
    Too many other players have no problem with the cloak... use the advice that others give you.
  20. Darthjackn

The problem in my opinion is that the cloak overall is just too easy to see. The reason why I rarely play infiltrator is because it is too easy to get spotted and then get killed before you can uncloak. As a infiltrator is should be somewhat difficult so spot a cloaked inflatrator even while they are moving otherwise the inflatrator can't necessarily "infiltrate" the enemy as well.
    • Up x 1