I think Ill make a post about stuff Id like to see in this game that will never happen

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arsinek, Dec 2, 2012.

1. TheStonehawk

1. An inventory. When someone dies Id like for them to drop some stuff, then I can go and pick it up and put it in my inventory. This would logically involve cross faction weapons. And would probably need to remove the class system. They could keep the cash shop viable by making it where just because you can pick up a weapon doesnt mean you can use it. Youll still need to unlock the ability to use said weapon.

Picking up an enemies weapon would be nice. I don't think you should be allowed to spawn with it, but it actually encourage people to try and buy those weapons because if they picked it up and used it and was like "wow this tricked out gun is awesome" they'd be tempted to do the same thing to their own guns.

2. NPCs. Id like to see faction based NPCs. Ones that perhaps spawn at bases and go on patrol paths.

Yes and no in my opinion. I don't think there should be too many faction based npcs carrying resources because then it would mean that less populated factions would be overrun and their resources taken because there wouldn't be enough people to guard the convoys or it would take much needed reinforcements from elsewhere to babysit them. However some passive wildlife and maybe a few predators could be interesting. As it is nothing moves on the field of battle but enemy soldiers. If there were wildlife that could provide some distraction from the current battle as you wouldn't be sure if movement was a creature or a player. It'd also make travelling through wilderness to ghostcap an area much more dangerous because predators might get you on the way.

3. Resource gathering mechanics changed. This ties in with NPCs. Id like for NPCs to spawn with resources from a base and have to transport them to their factions WG. So resources wouldnt just magically appear in your inventory. These NPCs could be attackable and the resources plunderable.

Again, this is a bad idea. Server populations are bad enough so this would just make it worse. While it would be cool to maybe smash up some boxes and equipment at an enemy base to gain some extra resources, it shouldn't be detrimental to the faction targeted. So I'm basically saying that the ability to plunder resources is not a bad one at all, but this npc patrol thing isn't a good idea.

4. Gameplay based currency. Id like to see some currency that is obtained by completing objectives, not just XP grinding. Then there would be items that the only way you can obtain them is with that special currency.

Could you give an example of what this currency will buy? Will it buy armor, weapons, special effects, the ability to hotdrop more. What kind of ideas did you have for this currency? Because as it is certs buy new weapons/vehicles/abilities and resources allow you to equip yourself with those new weapons/vehicles/abilities.

5. Content faction bases. Id like there to be 1 faction base for each of the 3 factions on each continent that would be required to take in order to kick a faction out. This would be the mother of all bases and ties in with my currency idea, one of these specialized currencies might only come from participating in a faction base assault. You successfully take a faction home base you get some of the special currency.

The base idea is a brilliant one. Idk about the whole currency thing until you answer my previous question, but I will have to admit that some kind of special achievement should be merited if someone takes over a factions final base on a continent. And the final base would probably be the only area I think faction based npcs could be useful because a base like that is going to have automated turrets and the like. The area should be extremely difficult to obtain. But it sounds like an awesome idea to have those kinds of battles.

Ah, but its all just a pipe dream. But hey, pointless games of conquest on 3 big maps is cool too. :confused:
  2. vanu123

1. Big no on removing the class system, that is one of the core parts of the game.
    2. NPCs in the warpgate moving warheads, mechanics working on vehicles, and the faction leader giving speeches through a voice system in the warpgate sounds cool, but should stay as a passive thing in the game that enhances immersion.
    3. They already plan on a new resource system, but it's months away.
    4. Certs
    5. Sounds like warpgates and sanctuaries from PS1, sounds good.
  3. supernauttt

yup inventories, and i agree with adding some more ingame economy or resource system would be awesome...but i doubt it will ever happen...

also another thing i would like that could happen are objectives for behind enemylines attacks and fights, stuff like pipelines that are 2 or 3 hex layers outside each warpgate, squads could fly or drive deep into enemy territory to these small outposts along the piplines and divert them or destroy them, diverting them could leech enemy resoures to your own faction, or destroy sections all together crippling the enemy faction...like wise squads and players would have to physically go and repair them say using eng tools to regain there resource supply, the more the damage done the longer and more extensive the repair, also rewards for it....that way we would have these fights and objectives outside the normal zerg base caps we have now...

i think there is SOOO much stuff that could be done to take this game from great, to truely legendary....hope SOE makes it into something better than the "good" cash cow it is now....hope anyway
  4. supernauttt

OOOO NPC CONVOYS TO BE GUARDED...wow would be sooo much fun....
  5. Phazaar

Wow necro... Like. What on earth are you playing at?
  6. Cab00se187

Here is why the OP's hopes and dreams are shattered.

1) Battlefield doesn't have it
    2) Battlefield doesn't have it
    3) Battlefield doesn't have it
    4) Battlefield doesn't have it
    5) Battlefield doesn't have it but it's suppose to be in the works. Wait a few more years and we might see another continent or two

And to whoever necro'd this thread, Battlefield doesn't have it
  7. -Synapse-

The lack context and/or believability has been a pressing issue since release, and has only gotten worse in the subsequent years of development. Since balance and the gameplay are always at the top of the priority list, little room has been made for any kind of metagame or immersive content. The few times we've seen the devs step out of the usual balance tweaks and QoL changes, it's always been to add a new gun or maybe a vehicle.

As it is now you could count the changes made for the betterment of atmosphere on one hand. But hopefully that'll all change soon. The game seems to be in a pretty balanced state, and some major metagame features are coming up soon. Maybe after the balance is stable and the metagame is solid, we'll se more features to keep the player engaged and disbelief suspended.
  8. Udnknome

Sounds like Firefall.

That game sucks btw.... go try it.. it's also Free to play. Let me know when you uninstall it. (feels like WOW, but as a FPS)
  9. Niller

These Ideas are terrible.
  10. Ohmlink

Check the dates guys, thread was started in 2012.
  11. Arsinek

In honor of Smedleys metagame post I felt this thread was in need of a necro.

Years later and PS2 still has no point and as a result is still terrible.

"OP your ideas are terrible! PS2 rules as evident by the terrible population numbers!"

I havent played this game in years and never will until they give it some sort of point.

So in 2015 what should this game have?

Will first it should have already added all the things I originally mentioned.
    1. An inventory system
    2. NPCs
    3. Resources that must be transported from bases to warpgate before they show up on your character
    4. Currency that unlocks special items and is only obtainable by completing high level objectives
    5. Continent faction bases

The game really should have launched with these features. The most important out of this are Continent Faction Bases that must be taken to lock a continent, Main Objective Currency that is used to buy high level items that arnt obtainable with certs. This would give the game some sort of objective as to obtain the best items you would have to take enemy faction bases and or continent lock.

Everything being acquired through certs was terrible game design. Since doing anything gave you certs there was no reason to do anything. You never had to leave the warpgate to obtain certs, you could just sit there and repair vehicles. No need to capture a base, you can just spawn camp to get your certs.

PS2 has to be one of the most poorly developed AAA games ever released by a big game company.

As someone who works in digital media, PS2 could be used to teach game development classes on what not to do. You dont build models and game assets before knowing what the game is going to be.