[Suggestion] Charger drops can't sustain T1 implant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by khmnc, May 4, 2015.

1. FieldMarshall

Yeah SOE says alot of things. I dont think they care about "the point" of T1 (or T4 for that matter) besides getting a few extra $$s.
    They were also said they would have an equally good passive for people who didnt want to use implants so it didnt become p2w.
    They also allow voting in the roadmap, and (according to votes) nobody wanted implants, but here we are.

Basically the point if implants is to generate money.
    To generate money, you need to buy chargers.
    To buy chargers you need to run out of energy.
    Or that seems to be their logic behind it anyway. So any changes that allows you to sustain a T1 implants is something they dont want.
    TLDR: Nothing will change because its working as they intended.

(/rambled a bit in that post)
    • Up x 1
  2. omfgweeee

Am I the only one who knows that T3+T2 implant gives you ultra charger? I have 0 problems sustaining my energy and i use T3 implants all the time.
  3. St0mpy

1. Idk what you are doing to only get enough to sustain a T1, are you a sniper hiding in/climbing a rock not scoring for 30 mins of each hour or something?

2. Why should we care if you need to make T4s? Thats the point here isnt it, youre really complaining you cant save ALL your T3s for crafting while you run T1s.

Honestly you would only have to spend the occasional T2+T3 to top up your normal energy and still use the extra for T4s, just deal with it like the rest of us do.

Lastly, whats more energy efficient? Every T4 on live costs more energy than its T3 equivalent. All T4s cost 1.25e per second and the devs never introduced any energy efficient ones.
  4. Dowlphin

Now I understand how people can afford running T3 and T4. I thought they're wealthy, but they're probably just longtime players with excess certs.
  5. Dowlphin

But T4 can be more energy-efficient than T1 or T2. There's the Enhanced Targeting 2 for example which consumes 0.25 instead of the T1's 0.5. But it's not worth aiming for, since you need to burn up so many implants in attempts to get that T4 that you could instead make ultra chargers with them.
  6. TheRunDown

Drop rate for Implants and Charges shouldn't be an issues.
    I've brought this up several times on here, the new bad drop rate only effects new players, and only punishes new players.
    It's one of SoEs tactics to generate more revenue, hoping new and players creating new characters will waste SC on Charges and Implant packs, which is think is utterly disgusting.

The drop rage for charges is ruining this game, it makes people want to "Farm" for kills and other annoying forms of EXP Farming..
    This game is already a Try Hard scoreboard game, with people trying to keep the KD and profile KDR up, but on top of that we have people farming for Implants because they don't even sustain Tier 1 Implants..

I'm BR100 and I farm quite easy these days, so I just spend my excess of Certs on Implants packs and crafting Charges.
    But if a New or Low rank player wants to do that, it will cause him to spend another year longer to unlock his character items as well as keep up with this Implants.

Let's face is, techically.. Implants are Pay2Wn and a sub level. If a new player pays for Implants and charges, it is creating a P2A side of the game, Pay2Win players verses Free2Play players..

The last time I brought this up, there were no useful comments, it was all BR100 players stating that they have no issues with Implants or Charges.. (I wonder why...) again, the Low Drop rate punishes the Low and New players.. and is nothing more than a tactic to generate revenue from desperate players who want to keep their Certs for other things.. And AGAIN comments from BR100 players aren't useful when the "Vets" and "KDR" players can simply Farm their Certs because we have everything in the first year of the game.. before Implants started and other Cert items draining players Certs slowly..
    • Up x 2
  7. TheDarSin

I'm gonna go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt on that one lol. I think he was being sarcastic but I could be wrong.
  8. JonboyX

I've a huge stockpile of chargers on my main BR100 NC. I think I use Battle Hardened 1 and never deplete my stockpiles.

My newer BR26 ish VS - not used an implant once. As far as I can see, the only one that really makes a difference is battle hardened - rest are all either niche, or minor standard-of-living improvements totally negated if you don't spend long periods of time out of combat. I couldn't ever say I felt I lost a fight because of not having an implant.
    • Up x 1
  9. Takara

F2P player here with over 160 chargers an 20 ultra chargers....I run mods on nearly all my loadouts. T3 regen and enhanced targeting on my engi which I play most of the time. Just upgrade all your implants into t2 and t3 stuff to make ultra chargers. You will be fine.
  10. Kaindestroi

wait now, is there a T1 enhanced targeting implant?
    i was pretty sure it only existed as T3.
    and if its the T3 implant you are using then its not so strange that you are running out of energy.
  11. sjtw_w_stot

Yeah, as mentioned don't run with an implant when not needed. I usually only run T1's except for certain situations/loadouts. I rarely run dry and when I do I'm usually just kicking back taking it easy in armor; or hanging back keeping an eye out for infiltrators @ a tech plant or something.
  12. St0mpy

No its not, that/those never made it to live. Heres a list. http://imgur.com/IbPZTco, only the T4 with a faint green star is actually on live...anyone waiting/crafting for ones without a star is wasting his time.

Background: SOE had an idea to make 2 more tiers, an expensive T4 and a lower power T5 but (rightly) the community complained (already T4 is getting to over 2000T1s to complete, because math T5 would have been astronomical) so they cut the idea of lower power ones, only introduced the ones which used up our energy more and left the undeveloped ones on PTS.
    • Up x 1
  13. Goretzu

The only ones that will genuinely win you a fight (sometimes) are really sensor shield and clear vision. There are others that do give significant advantaged though, but you're right that it is generally not enough of an advantage to really notice if not playing with implants on.
  14. Czarinov

....and i'm just playing here with no implants at all, not caring about any chargers and similar sh *t. maybe I should give it a try...
  15. TheRunDown

All players get a T1 Enhanced Targeting Implant, in the description it says: "Standard Issue Implant", and it can't be used for crafting.
  16. Corezer

It is my understanding that t4 is not just a t3 at t2 cost, but a tier up in effect and cost, at least for regeneration anyway. The occasions where I take health damage above 250 but below 499 are too rare for even regen 3 to be worth it...

Buying implant 5 packs is a cheaper way of getting ultras, don't buy ultras.
  17. OldMaster80

Pro tip: forget implants until devs understand we want an on/off mechanism.
  18. Takara

No, I've noticed a trend. Support actions get you lots of supply drops. If you are playing heavy all the time....you aren't going to get as many drops. Or at least it's how I feel. I've played the role of combat and gotten crazy good killing streaks back to back and maybe get one charger or some other supply drop ever rare once and awhile.

But when I pick up my engi tool and fix stuff...or hand out ammo....I seem to get crud tons of supply drops. I simply turn most of them into t3 and t2 implants and make them into ultra chargers. Bam 30k energy thanks....good.
  19. stalkish

Ive never bought a charger and i run T3 or 4 permanently.
    I dont even craft charges either.

No idea what all the fuss is about tbh, perhaps ive just never run out from the 'good old days'.
    I do however have a membership, so............upgrade now?
  20. maxkeiser

I don't use implants. That solves the problem.