[Suggestion] SERVERS ARE DEAD! (PLEASE READ) DO SOMETHING?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by spaezitzle, May 1, 2015.

1. spaezitzle

As a planetside 2 player for 2 years on several accounts. I just got back into the game and thought i would play on my TR, I got on and NO ONE WAS ON. EVEN ON HIGH PEAK HOURS AND DAYS?! I play on the server US Connery and I was devestated. My TR character was my MAIN character with so much time put into it! I bet i have about 1 month of playtime on that character, I have not much time to say more. but I'll just throw the evidence down. The only battles i get are 40-60 players a faction each in a zone. Seriously DayBreak Games. I really want you to just realize how this would be good for players getting back into the game and or new. I used to play this game SO MUCH! Every day i would be sitting in school thinking about playing Planetside 2 Every second of every hour.

The main things i would be fine with you doing would be.

1. merging the server with another low populated server.

2. add server migrations. (server transfers for DB cash or whatever they're called now)

3. delete the small No fun terrible server and give the players that have spent so much time into the game A server transfer. ( I'm raging at this point and am sorry)
    • Up x 1
  2. FBVanu

Just came from Amerish.. connery.. big battle was 12 vs 48..

where is everybody?
  3. spaezitzle

Me to?! it so so insane.
  4. Pikachu

Connery is too far away. You will stay where you are until the EU servers are merged and underpopulated and the one merge to rule them all comes. Next year I thimk that will happen.
  5. sIcGER

during the double xp week i was really wondering, why there are not that many players ... ON MILLER ...

next smerge incoming...
  6. lothbrook

Emerald is still active, though its on a steady decline, not uncommon for it only have 2 continents be available most of the day with the 3rd only opening up during primetime.
    • Up x 2
  7. Bloodwod

Graveyard shift on Connery (roughly 2am-7am) should only be one continent. Unless there is an alert, it's usually one Empire ghost capping each map, with the third split between them.

Sometimes even the alert doesn't focus the critical mass if it's one of the less popular maps.
  8. n0pax

The issue is there are no servers left to merge for the USA. Unless it has changed with the inception of Emerald, the east server is in Washington DC and Connery is in Los Angeles. If they merged the two together they would need to use a database that either alienates 65% of their NA playerbase on the east coast or 35% on the west coast.

Or they would need to invest in a reasonably located datacenter in Chicago/Dallas, but why invest money into a dying game? SOE and now DBG have shown that they will spend funds raised by PS2 members/sc purchases on H1Z1, not PS2. NA merges are a long ways off as a result of this dilemna and when they do come I would be shocked for the resulting server to be located in a reasonable location.

EU on the other hand I obviously know little about, but I would imagine those merges are very possible this summer.
  9. WorldOfForms

They merged the west and east servers during PlanetSide 1 and it worked out fine. I don't remember where the final server was located, but it was like that for at least a year or two before I stopped playing.
  10. n0pax

I've never played PS1 but I've researched it because of that. It is in Las Vegas. That was a very different time period and would not be tolerated by today's players, it is actually the reason why I never tried PS1 even for curiosity's sake.

For example, on many of the amateur competitive ladders on games (BF4, CS:S) teams that are entirely east coast based can reject a Las Vegas server based on latency issues and force a server change.
  11. Kentucky Windage

I'm at work!!!! Hello Mcfly!!
    • Up x 1
  12. JaimeGabriel

I remember back in December of 2012 when I was literally moving at 5 frames per second due to the sheer number of people in the continent. Nowadays I just consider myself lucky to find a 48-96 battle on just a single one. :p
  13. DrBash00

I personal dont play PS2 anymore because of the boring and useless vehicle gameplay.

Vehicle gameplay is 60 - 70% useless, because every base relies on infantry gameplay and is secured from air/tanks so you need to leave your vehicle to get into the Base, lose it... can travel to the next base with your vehicle... and leave it again...

I think Planetside 2 is NOT the best FPS so it should not focus on First person shooting but on other things, like epic battles.

If vehicles would get stronger, and more meaningfull i would love to rule auraxis again with my buddys, but right now it is just boring.

So this is why i left, but as you can see i am still watching the Game development and hoping for changes...
  14. RainingPain

I guess its time to wait for planetside 3 then... This game had so much potential but what little came, came way too late
  15. OakGaming

Create new character in Cobalt, a lot of qction here.
  16. n0pax

That awkward moment when a guy suggests a server with under 150 players online at the time of writing. Source: http://www.therebelscum.net/world-population/?world_id=13&zoom=1

Cobalt is the same size as Emerald which are both only slightly larger than Connery. None of the three aforementioned servers have the population to completely fill two continents simultaneously, even at peak hours. The maximum population they attain is approximately 1.85 continents at peak hours and nowhere remotely near one continent at quieter times.
    • Up x 1
  17. Jamuro

Well a part of this is because of the recent game releases ... if you think the servers are empty now, just wait till the new star wars battlefront comes out.
    If it ends up with not as ****** microtransaction prices and an even remotly fun flight system, i know i ll be gone.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jake the Dog

If you're looking for a US server go to emerald which has 3 continenents open during primetime hours, countless AOD zergs to farm, and several really good outfits as well. I went back to connery as well. My outfit was running ops with a 24+man platoon against an almost dead continent. Imho, I have no idea why people still play connery. There is 0 reason to be there rn the population is non existant.
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

People need new content, we tired of bunch of pro-pilots dominating 24\7. We want fun-events with free stuff, something like spring directive: "revive 100 players, get 100 kills, play 3 hour sand get free stuff"
  20. Rayden78

In PS1 you could at least park your vehicle for the duration of the capture and it wouldnt despawn
    • Up x 1