Can someone please explain the M18 and Banshee to me? I'm not getting it..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRunDown, May 1, 2015.

1. Nextronix

I try to do the same without much success so far. Most time I spawn with the mosquito I feel like I could count to 10 until I hear metal crackle. I know others are successful with if it - at least if I look some videos but it's pretty hard to learn in that 10 seconds before I find a violent death caused by some evil reaver or scythe :-/ ...At least I've unlocked all that maneuver boni and the hellfire rocket pack (they don't help me at AA - or even make me weaker compared to AB-boni but at least give me a decent reason to spawn with it a bit more often).
  2. GhostAvatar

TR = Bad. Just move on to another faction.
  3. Nextronix

:(
  4. Celeris

As much as I like reading a good whine posts with a bunch of cherry picked and incomplete stats thrown around, a few things need to be bought into perspective here.

ROF: 800 RPM on Banshee vs 200 RPM on PPA.
    Muzzle Velccity: 500m/s velocity on Banshee vs 300m/s on PPA

Also @4m splash range, dmg has dropped to a measly 1.5 damage making the useful splash radius FAAAAR smaller than your mythical 50m^2 all powerful splash damage killing machine.
  5. Haquim

Yes, splash damage falls off from the inner to the outer radius.
    So... am I supposed to pity you for not having any kind of cone of fire or bulletdrop in addition to 3.14m² inner splasharea ?
    As compared to quite a big cone of fire and bulletdrop with an inner splasharea of 0.28m² ?

Did you think your weapon would sound less imbalanced by metioning inner splash ?
    You are right! It is only 11 times bigger than the Banshees. Instead of the 16 times of the outer
    So if we take into account that the banshee fires 4 times faster and only has 60% of your damage (150 instead of 250) , It still needs 4.6 times longer to deal the same damage over the same area.
    But never fear - the Banshee has a minimum damage of 10 (at 1m). 6.6 times the minimum damage of the LPPA (at 4m)
    Did I mention that aiming might be problem because you have a cone of fire?
    The only thing muzzle velocity is relevant for is A2A combat - yes the PPA sucks at that - but I have yet to see a footman that outruns your plasma orbs.

Bah.
    It is insulting that the scientist faction of all things activates their mouths before their brains, and apparently lack basic math knowledge.
  6. Celeris

It's simple Haquim, the nerf was warranted. Before it was a case of BFFFPTTSTS in the vague direction of a group of infantry and kill 5-6 people, now it's a BFFFFPSPSSTT in the reasonably accurate vicinity of a group of infantry and get 5-6 kills. The difference is that the Banshee now requires a modicum of skill to use, I'm suspecting you're missing this key ingredient of directional fire.
  7. GhostAvatar

The truth is not always a happy thing.
  8. Crayv

People like it when there is one faction/class they can easily beat. It makes them think they are good and that the people that just play that class/faction are just bad and don't "really know how to use it to its full potential. In this game that faction is TR.
  9. DashRendar

Didn't we just get through a period of Vulcan Nerf threads? Prowler QQ threads? Now TR is bad worthless faction and nothing has changed.
  10. Mythologicus

I somehow doubt you've used the Banshee recently. At the very least go to VR and see how long it takes and how close you have to be to kill just one guy.

I'm not saying the old Banshee was perfect. Even if the range requirement was as extreme as it was, I cannot justify a view that it was 'balanced'. But now it's like killing people with the contents of a salt shaker. Some light seasoning. It's utter **** on its own, but combined with something else it provides some assists. The problem is an anti-something weapon should not be an assist farmer. It should kill what it was designed to fight in the first place. See also: Skyguard, HE weapons in general.
  11. sustainedfire

The rotary is a real monotonous turd.

I finally auraxiumed it today after using it continually since launch.

In the end of the road to rotary auraxium, I just started using it On turrets at empty amp stations. I couldn't take it anymore seeking live targets- it just takes too many shots to take anything out.

I'll be happy to move back to the needler or even the locust.
  12. Jawarisin

It would be unwilling, but that's not the true problem.

It's because he tried to fly and gave up. Now he's going to blame the controls or anything like that and resent those who can fly.
    That resentment is only growing every time he gets beaten. On the ground, odds are there are at least a few players worst than him. Or you can always get lucky/outnumber etc.

In the air, yes you can out-number, but getting lucky doesn't really happen. And he's also at the complete bottom of the ladder.
    So, being bad at something where he can't find anybody worst than him created a lot of resentment which he's now trying to spit back over here. That's pretty much it.
  13. Jawarisin

1- You clearly don't fly much if you think half of what you said. You made me laugh really hard trying to pretend that PPA was better at hit-and-run. Oh god.

2- Sorry your red bullets were hard to see. I guess my white-yellowish bullets from NC are so much easier to see on a sky the same color.

3- I'm sorry your speed is such an inconvenience. You could try to move slower if you find it an issue to get in hover mode.
  14. Nextronix

15. Czarinov

M18 rotary is a great nosegun, when USED PROPERLY. There is the same difference as between Vortek and Mustang.

You must realize that while M18 has lower damage per bullet, it has higher clip size of 45 bullets and 1000 RPM. It does matter. It performs well if you are skilled enough with your aiming and know how to use it. It also packs more damage per clip than Hailstorm.

For a beginner Needler has more potential I guess. For a skilled pilot - Needler and M18 Rotary are two different weapons for different playstyle.

Stop spreading the nonsense. M18 rotary oneclips if you hit.

Needler and Mustang have both same spread, also M18 and Vortek has same spread too.
  16. Haquim

Well that would be fine, but no that doesn't work - try the banshee, you will notice you could just as well use the rotary most of the time. Except when you have LITERALLY 5 guys sitting in 1m².
  17. Haquim

Ok, maybe I just have a very different understanding how a game should work.
    I admit, I am rapidly approaching my thirties.
    The first games I have ever played were CIV, Elite Plus and Railraod Tycoon on the PC (while not understanding a single english word, just deducing what everything did by trying out what happened).
    More importantly, on the Gameboy it was Super Mario.
    4 Worlds with 3 levels each, and everything you touch kills you - or at least shrinks you. If you die in World 4-3 just before the Endboss - there is no savepoint and no cake, start again in the desert and try again.
    THAT is how a game is supposed to be if you ask me. Struggle, get good at it, become better than your opponents and win.
    If you cannot win in a direct contest (because you don't have a fire-flower), change strategy (ignore the boss and run past him).
    Also people have to ******* learn that this is NOT really a TDM. **** the K/D.
    I am definitely above average, and I'm still under 2.0 K/D because I am a ******* moron who charges into the enemy at the front of the battle and wonders why he does so alone on a regular basis. K/D is not gonna flip the point.

Also the solution for the powergap is NOT to give every "noob" that struggles against the "pro" with the Enforcer a ******* Redeemer. What are you gonna do if the pros pick up the doomsday weapon??
    If the little baby zerglings lack the brainpower to come up with strategies of their own, create some guides for very specific problems.
    Air assault? Pick up a lock-on. If three other guys do that too the air will be clean within a minute.
    Base is totally overrun, spawn camped by HE tanks? Redeploy to the next base in the lattice, lay down mines and prepare your engineer AV turrets - or whatever you deem necessary.

I've recently discovered a mental image that fits my view of all the hate air receives from ground pretty well:

Basically I see the whining groundpounders as the fat american lady who transported her hot coffee in her lap instead of her cupholder, and then sued MCDonalds when she spilled the hot coffee over herself when she had to brake.

Hurt because of the unwillingness to use the thing meant to prevent getting hurt that way and then go to the forum to demand a nerf for whatever hurt you - forumside2.

Ughhh... I'm getting far too worked up on this "nerf everything - at least if my enemy has access to it" attitude.
    It always ends up in a ****huge rant.