Why are Fractures so bad and why don't the TR complain more about it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ronjahn, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Kristan

Well yeah. I think the problem of Fractures is accuracy. Lot of shots being wasted, even with lockdown. Ravens can be guided, Vortex has sniper accuracy and speed. Both are good for ranged combat.

Guess the only solution for Fractures is giving them Coyote mechanic against ground targets, if Devs not going to give it to Striker.
  2. Goretzu

Mostly because they buffed Pounders into uber AI death machines (and decent AV) in the same patch they nerfed Fractures.

Fractures were too good at AV at the time as well as AI (and AA), but few realised that because 90% of them were being used for ridculously overpowered AI work.

So there was no real outcry because everyone knew Fractures were far, far, far too good AI and AV (and even AA! Yes, they were more than viable AA with lock-down! o_O ) and were frankly amazed they'd got away with it for so long.

I do think they probably need a buff, but they DO NOT NEED TO BE BUFFED BACK TO THE MONSTROSITIES THEY WERE!
  3. Liewec123

they're still OK-ish against vehicles in mid range, but yeah they were pretty heavily nerfed.
    i think most people don't complain because most people will have spent the 250 certs to get dual pounders
    (which in my opinion are the second best max AV weapon after Ravens)
  4. Takara

My guess.....is because they are afraid someone will take away their pounder's AI ability if they play with the fracture. :p
    • Up x 1
  5. Serevn

The Fracture entered the Halls of Nerfed Obscurity. #neverforget Carv-S, Striker, and now Fracture.
  6. qiray12

As tr you will learn fast enough that you shouldnt pull a max when your getting vehicle zerged, for tr engie is the way to go.
  7. Serevn

You mean HA is the way to go right? It should be 3-4 HA for every 1 medic and engi. TR doctrine.
  8. qiray12

Well i mean with it if you only take tr stuff ( if you can). Cus the striker kinda sux when fighting vehicles (excluding air and harassers) but ye its one of the reasons i left tr since i like AV in many sorts and tr just doesnt give you the right weapons for AV (with vulcan and lockdown prowler as a small exeption).

I always said to myself that tr has the worst kit, imo they only have the worst AV kit of all 3 factions.
  9. Boosted

Yes, I'm pissed off at the fractures. Why? because they suck and it's cost 1k certs a piece. Can I have a refund of my 2k certs for these POS.
  10. GhostAvatar

Because they are the only long range MAX AV that has too deal with every mechanic that exists in the game designed to reduce accuracy. When firing you have to account for bullet drop, recoil, CoF, and bullet acceleration. As well as predicting where the target will be a few seconds after firing. And what does it get for all these downsides, a lower DPS than Ravens :rolleyes:

Ravens inaccuracies on the other hand are mostly cancelled out by being able to adjust during the projectile flight. All you have to do is pretty much leading the target due to the turning speed of the projectile. And Vortex only has to deal with a small amount of lead with a bit of CoF thrown in.
    • Up x 1
  11. \m/SLAYER\m/

Prowler.
    solo Prowler good as dual Ravens, and dual Ravens good as Enforser (but you always has a pilot)
    • Up x 1
  12. Nextronix

I already made a thread with the suggestion to buff fractures a few days ago because I agree they are totally crap. If it would not be fixed I would recommend to remove it so it does not make somebody think it's balanced. This would not break anything. This weapon is no counter in any way already. No TR would miss it - seriously remove it or give it as gift to the other factions. Yes this would be nice for TR because there might be new NC or VS players that are not aware about this weapon, get it and TR (that already knows) could kill those easy victims a few times until they get trashed by these as well. It's a huge waste of a nice weapon model.

2x Fracture Max
    *) Versus vehicles far away: You don't hit it (Cof, slow, drop)
    *) Versus vehicles mid range: You don't hit it (Cof, slow, drop) and/or apply way too less so you die
    *) Versus vehicles short range: You finally hit... and a few seconds later:
    *) Versus infantery: You get ***** - no matter what.
    *) Versus other Max: If it's a lonely one (no other infantery near) and AFK ... nope ... forget it (he could get back to keyboard).
    *) Versus aircraft: If it's no parked Galaxy... forget it.
    *) Versus warm butter: Forget it
    *) Versus dinosaurs: You don't hit it (Cof, slow, drop) ... they would eat you with bones and hair and armor before you scratch their skin.
  13. dstock

high skill ceiling.

Killed a Sunderer at 400 yds by myself yesterday. A moving, manned Sunderer. Lets see pounders pull that off..
  14. Anaryl

What is a "yard"
  15. Fleech

at this point the TR are used to having almost no effective AV options apart from the CQC vulcan so i guess they've just accepted it as is.
  16. Kristan

somewhat about half a meter, so sundie was somewhere at 200 meters

Not a big deal to kill a Sundie from such distance, since it's a giant slow moving brick on wheels.
  17. FateJH

1 yard is 9/10ths of a meter (specifically, 0.9144 meters).
  18. FocusLight

You claim TR made no serious noise about it because Fractures were so OP at the time, they were just glad to have 'gotten away with it' for so long.

And yet, VS has only recently started cooling off about PPA being balanced and it took a year for the complaints about ZOE being castrated to die down to manageable levels.

Are you trying to say that TR are the more grown-up people who deal with it rather than whine endlessly?
  19. GhostAvatar

Hell no they are not. In my zeal I have solo taken multiple Prowlers at once with Ravens. They are no where on the same level, it takes a marginal amount of skill with Ravens to be able to lockdown the entire area.
  20. Kristan

damn imperial metric system...