Cheating is out of control: need GMs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname1886, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Alan Kalane

l2p issue
    also with most LMGs you can easily engage targets far beyond 50m and be quite accurate as they are designed to be medium-long range weapons (except Orion)
  2. Garrum

Read it again.
  3. Alan Kalane

I did.
    Watch the tutorial.
  4. Garrum

It's not burst fire, it's holding down the trigger. No break or variance in firing sound at all. Usually by the same guy that is getting hipfire headshots at 20+ meters with a CARV or Gauss SAW.
    • Up x 1
  5. Alan Kalane

Have you watched the tutorial? I honestly doubt it because if you watched it you probably wouldn't say sth that silly.

It's called "quick" bursting. Basically the intervals between individual bursts are so short it may seem to an observer that the shooter didn't make any break at all (especially since latency may cover those intervals completely). On that vid you see MattiAce effectively engaging targets beyond 50m with a CARBINE which is much worse than LMG at those ranges (and no, he is not hacking)
  6. Garrum

Even 'quick bursting' is going to cause a stutter in the firing sound. And besides, even fewer people are going to be able to perfectly compensate for the FSRM every single time they quick burst. You would see even more variance in the tracers.
    • Up x 1
  7. Haquim

Yeeeahhh, right. The difference is that I can see and hear that Matti isn't shooting fully automatic and I can see his gun actually having recoil that hes is compensating for.
    I have slowed down the other video to 0.25 and I can spot neither a single bullet firing slower nor any form of recoil this gun should have.
    Also, just to complete it, there is something called first shot multiplier. The first shot actually has MORE recoil than the following ones, so even if he did click so rapidly he would actually mess it up, since I kinda don't believe the accuracy to lift your finger and put it down again only every 4th bullet is possible.
    Except of course if he has a script on his mouse that simulates exactly that.

It is, of course, also possible that he simply used a couple kills where he got it extremely well for this clip, but if that is supposed to be standard I call BS.
    I believe that when I see the guy playing on a PC that I have freshly installed.
    • Up x 1
  8. Nihil

Require a unique credit and valid credit card number for every account. Hackers would have to go through the effort of getting/stealing/borrowing CCs each time they are banned.
    • Up x 1
  9. Haquim

That would kinda prevent me from playing since I don't own one and I don't have any intention of getting one.

Anyway it is not like the problem is really running rampant, but I have to deal with enough BS when I get basically killed by DBG, so I don't need real hackers too.
  10. Cinnamon

The worst problems are net code and people playing with really high ping or poor quality connections. Those two can make it feel like everyone is cheating.
    • Up x 1
  11. Eyeklops

Nah...you're at least A- grade. ;)
  12. Alan Kalane

Naah, you can clearly see he has recoil, especially after he throws that C4 brick on the sundie.
    The gun is called Jaguar, It has almost no vertical recoil and very low horizontal recoil (~0.25 degree) to both sides. The horizontal recoil is, of course, random but constant so sometimes it may compenate for itself (aka left then right then left then right etc) in such a way it may appear that the player does not experience recoil at all.
    I managed to achieve similiar effects after some trying in the VR. After hunderts of kills you would probably end up having "no recoil" at least a few times. Also if he really had cheats he would probably show some longer killstreak rather than killing 2 guys.
  13. Klypto

That doesn't make any sense. You claimed that there is one cheater every 30 minutes. If that were true I think I would have noticed if there were that many people performing better than me or on my level in the 2,000 hours I have played. Sure some hackers still suck with hacks, but really, 30 minutes? From my perspective it you would have to be the unluckiest human ever born to encounter one every day. That right there tells me what I need to know to make the call.

If you are talking about this video:

You will notice that he is firing full auto. Not sure what you are talking about, it looks like normal gameplay and that is not a gun you should burst with unless it's extreme range.

Maybe you are confused because the video was made before sights were locked in the center of the screen. Watch the dot, it moves with horizontal recoil. You are right though. It is impossible for you to have that same kind of feel with that gun today but not for the same reason.

My positioning would be a straight F (as evidenced by my KDR) which lowered the average imo.
  14. Haquim

That still isn't ANYWHERE near the recoil I have on my guns.
    The dot is basically glued to the enemy and only really moves when the player takes a step.
    I can easily believe that the weapon behaves that way because the video is old, but that also means that it couldn't possibly be any more irrelevant to discuss fire control.
    But the Jaguar RIGHT NOW has far too much horizontal recoil to not be noticeable.

It also means that people are trying to ******** me about how awesome burstfire makes your gun, with so much elite skill it is INDISTINGUISHABLE from full-auto - with a deprecated video of a guy going full-auto when the gun had basically no recoil.
    • Up x 1
  15. HadesR

If only there wasn't recoil macros .. ;)
  16. Haquim

.... I didn't know assigning a macro to your left mousebutton counts as legit fire control skill
    It seems I have been playing this game wrong for over two years
    • Up x 2
  17. Devrailis

I disagree strongly. There are very few players in this game that I consider to be "that good" in the first place and very very few circumstances where I would suspect any sort of cheat involved.

Do I believe that there are players who are subtle about the cheats they use? Of course, no one is naive enough to think that every single player in this game is going to play legitimately. I started off playing on SolTech where quite a few of the big name players at the time ended up being banned for cheating, even the ones that weren't magically teleporting into enemy spawn rooms.

But this:

This is pure nonsense. I have played against and played with some very good players and know the amount of effort and thought they put into playing well, very well. You leave little room for legitimate growth and you give players very little credit when you assume that the skills they have gained through practice and experience can be put down to cheating.
  18. Dj Gus

Well, blatant aimbotters i haven't encountered much in the whole time i've been playing, but glitchers... People that know wich rocks on Indar you can glitch into, or guys that shoot you from inside the walls in a biolab.
  19. Jamuro

First of all ... i haven't seen many blatant hackers and the suspicious stuff well ... i honestly couldn't give a crap about that.

Not that i feel any compassion for people who use this stuff, but i came to the conclusion, that they can only hurt "my game" as much as i let them.
    Thread like this one are doing a hell of a lot more damage ...

Google will always deliver you a ****ton of possible hacks for any game and that is good.
    The best way for a programmer to fix a weakspot, is by disecting the programm that exploits it.
    I can't tell for sure how our developing overlords handle this, but usually there is a budget for buying those programms and
    fixing the loopholes they use.

Also, please don't forget that most of those sites trade a nonlegal product, without any gurantee for cash/or worse, try to get their hands on your credit card informations ... i doubt if even half of them have a programm that at least once worked behind it.

Now even in a worst case, planetside is pretty save
    To elaborate ... Planetside 2 has no npcs, no economy, no way to trade certifications or even a single farmable resource.

So all hacking players can do to damage the game, is killing other players.

While annoying, compared to other games, that will suffer for years after a hacking wave and probably never manage to get their ingame economy back on track, hackers can't do much here.

Sure there will always be the metaphorically 12year old on a power trip, but those guys are easy to spot and get swarmed with 100+ reports before even reaching br30+, i would say.

And what about the subtle one?
    The one that always kills you, but makes it feel like luck/skill was what decidet the battle.
    Well those are indistinguishable from other high skill players and while this stuff can drive you nuts, making you paranoid and blasting out on the forums is the only damage they can do.

So gj for playing into their hands.^^
    As a serious last note tough ... asking daybreak to improve their security is a good goal, but even with the crap we have right now, the only way hacking could kill this game is, if suddenly everyone and i mean realy everyone does it.

Tldr.: Report with care but please do report and while it's good to ask for better security, threads like this one just do more damage than good (see above for detailed explanation of that point)
  20. Czarinov

Fun fact. There is times more hackusators than there is cheaters.

PS if you hackuse someone of cheating without posting a video, I automatically assume you're a bad player and person.