Latency issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by day ofm one, Apr 19, 2015.

1. day ofm one

I am still having issues with the game latency.

I have 60 ms latency, the game delay is actually way higher at around 500 ms.
    Now my latency went up to 250 - 300 ms, it feels like it is actually 700 ms.

Enemies suddenly appear right in front of me, I get killed by the first bullet that kills me, infiltrators kill me before they even uncloak, etc, etc.
    • Up x 2
  2. day ofm one

Latency now even goes up to almost 600 ms.
  3. Thunde333

I have the same problem. Since yesterday my ping have jumped from 100 to 12k and then back to 100 and then to 2-12k again. I get poor and bad connection too. Its only planetside 2 I get this ping with all other games works fine.

And PS2 launcher loading very slow today.
    • Up x 1
  4. day ofm one

It is just getting worse...

Hits take over a second to register, if they even do at all.
    Enemies being affected by bullet impacts (flinch and sparkle) but taking no damage is something happening again and again.
  5. Python

I cannot currently sustain uninterrupted play; it is that bad today. I have more latency than I do 'normal & up time'. After asking around about this in game, it appears we are not the only ones having issues.
    • Up x 1
  6. Apocalyptius

did you fix the problem? how? i have the same problem since last weekend, too
  7. day ofm one

Seems to have fixed itself the last 2 days, gonna see how it is today very soon.
  8. Apocalyptius

for me it got worse 2 days ago. i played a few hours ago, and it was unplayable. constant ~700 ms
  9. Udnknome

Might be easier to determine what the problem is if you guys would say what server you're trying to log into and which ISP you are using.

I had this problem a couple days ago, apparently when Oceanic Time Warner implemented their "new" faster service, my basic service started having a latency on island (hawaii) of over 300ms (according to www.speedtest.net) -- called them and they ended up talking me into the faster service, but either way it fixed the problem. 70ms delay now to west coast servers.

Not really trying to bash the ISP, but since they reset their end and upgraded my service at the same time, I'm unsure which fixed the issue.
  10. day ofm one

I am too used to my signature showing my server...
    It is Cobalt.

ISP = Deutsche Telekom AG
  11. Apocalyptius

i am on miller and my usp is ziggo (netherlands). when i do a speedtest my latency is around 20 ms. while running planetside 2, it is 500-3000 ms.
  12. Spiritualised

Theres a really good chance this is nothing to do with your game or your ISP. Your more than likely falling down on one of the server hops between you and the server you play on. Run a tracert to the server you play on and post the results
  13. Moisted

Ping went from 20 to 80000 till the point it wouldnt show my ping anymore just that it said my latency was bad. Guess it was so bad it crossed the 99999 barrier and gave up. Everything warping around and loading took forever.

I could post another tracer result or my specs or ISP but since I already did that a million times I will leave it at that and jump on this bandwagon. Server Cobalt and I live next to the Amsterdam server.
  14. day ofm one

Actually, the latency showing is not related to the latency time.

I had good latency and it didn't show up.

There were also people with 500.000 ms lateny a while ago and it was shown.
  15. Apocalyptius

i have no idea what it means, but i guess you do

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. Spiritualised

I have no idea what server you are tracerting to with that IP. the IP for miller is 69.174.194.166 Here are my tracert results to Miller

C:\Windows\system32>tracert 69.174.194.166

Tracing route to amspsn-liv-gw02.planetside2.com [69.174.194.166]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 9 ms 6 ms 15 ms cpc16-birk8-2-0-gw.1-3.cable.virginm.net [81.104.95.1]
    2 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms bagu-core-2b-xe-002-0.network.virginmedia.net [80.5.167.145]
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 15 ms 11 ms 14 ms nrth-bb-1b-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.218]
    6 14 ms 12 ms 17 ms tele-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.18]
    7 15 ms 15 ms 17 ms linx-224.bg2.ld2.eu.equinix.net [195.66.224.187]
    8 15 ms 17 ms 15 ms po3.bg1.ld2.eu.equinix.net [80.69.1.221]
    9 22 ms 21 ms 23 ms po9-1405.bg1.am1.eu.equinix.net [89.187.106.154]
    10 25 ms 22 ms 22 ms po7.bg1.am3.eu.equinix.net [94.103.16.86]
    11 23 ms 25 ms 23 ms po2.bg2.am3.eu.equinix.net [94.103.16.122]
    12 25 ms 23 ms 25 ms sony.customer.am3.eu.equinix.net [5.175.82.94]
    13 23 ms 26 ms 22 ms amspsn-liv-gw02.planetside2.com [69.174.194.166]
    Trace complete.

The time outs here are nothing major to worry about as when it picks up at hop 5 there isnt a lot of delay added. Repost your tracert results using the correct IP . Your results will be different to mine as you will be passing through different gateways due to your location. Miller causes me no issues with regard to latency
  17. chevyowner

You don't want a low latency connection for PlanetSide2. My connection is normally around 100ms, I have seen it go up, but only when too many others things are using the connection at the same time. The reason is it that if you have too low latency you will start to be killed behind cover, because the other player can still shoot at you on their screen.
  18. Spiritualised

I think you could be right. 100 ms seems to be the sweet spot for hit detection. I presume its to do with how they've optimised the lag compensation for the game. Once latency gets stupidly high though any advantage is lost. A ping thats bouncing all over the place doesn't help either
  19. Apocalyptius

[IMG]
    this should be the one then
  20. Spiritualised

It certainly is :) At a quick glance I would say your having issues with your ISP but could also be caused by a badly configured router. If you have DoS security features in your router disable them and disable your routers firewall. Windows firewall is just fine on its own. If you have sip alg in your router disable this also. Better still tell me what model router your using and I will tell you the correct settings to get the best experience out of the game :)

Playing on Miller right now. Ping steady 30 absolutely no lag. Game for me is performing as it should