[Suggestion] Planetside vs Planetside 2 Lattice

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vamperial, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Vamperial

Ha! They must be watching this thread then. I posted the link after I watched about 5 minutes of it earlier today at work. Does that seem odd to anyone else?
  2. Lucidius134

I think they would have found it on reddit quicker than they would the forums tbh.

I checked all the VOD history and it's virtually gone. It wasn't even some weird error w/ VOD moving.

I thought the PS2 twitch might have been deleted and remade under DBG control while i was watching but nope, still all there. So is Higby's name on the front page, lol.

Wtf is going on? I don't want to call CONSPIRACY but you can't just delete **** w/o saying anything once people start talking about it. It looks fishy as heck

I'm screenshotting all of this now. Who knows if my posts will get deleted.
  3. Vamperial

You would think so but that link has been up long enough for RadarX and even Malorn to comment on the Reddit thread.

If the Devs are watching this thread. Give me a reason to subscribe! EARN MY BUSINESS!
  4. Lucidius134

Ya that's exactly what i meant. They saw it on reddit long before you posted it i'm sure.

Still odd that they would delete the vod out right.
  5. elkikko92

Bring back HEX SYSTEM
  6. elkikko92

7. f0d

this just reminds me how much i miss cyssor :(
  8. axiom537

/Agree I have been an advocate for a Hybrid of a lattice and Hex system for a long time.

Here is a link to an example of what a Hybrid/Lattice System would look like, using Hvar as an example.

One other thing that absolutely needs to be addressed is removing the Faction specific Warpgates.

All the faction specific warpgates do is make the map even smaller, because we barely ever get to fight in the corners of the map. What I suggest is they redesign the VR area and turn it into an Orbital platform above Auraxis. It could be as simple as changing the skybox of the VR area to make it look like it is sitting in space above Auraxis. I mean aren't drop pods already raining down from space...

Then we would make each Warpgate link to another continent, pretty much like PS1. This would greatly enhance game play as factions would push to the Warpgates, so that they could get a foot hold or even a different avenue of attack on another continent.
  9. Vamperial

Again with the bump Elk. :) I know you don't mean this though. Lattice sucks the way its implemented but HEX system was a disaster. If they can find the time to implement a cloaked AMS then maybe they're on the right track to put some actual Meta in. I just wish they would address this in a producer's letter or some official statement. Something needs to be done about the current Lattice system.

I don't miss the endless 3 ways but I do miss the glory that was Cysssor as a battlefield. The Tore\Leza bridge battles were always fun. Tore\Itan land battles were epic as well. So many different ways to attack Cyssor as a whole. It's needed so badly in PS2.
  10. elkikko92

I have an idea, is Quick to implement.
    Keep lattice, and make hex system based on old influence on adjacents territories!!
    So we can have more freedom! Is better going to the lattice, but if There are too enemies you can capture a territory with influence. Of course a territory out of lattice must have always Major capture timer... But, you can capture it! (it has only a defense bonus based on influence). Quote?
  11. Hotbread

Yes, we need lattice! It's amazing we're 2 years in and we don't have it already. The first game was a blueprint, follow it!
  12. Nalothisal

Well OP, I know it's not the first time it's been suggested but I do have an illustration of a hybrid system of the two Hex and Lattice systems.
    [IMG]
    Just a mock design but the basic idea is that any base that is connected by a link can only be attacked with a link while the bases connected by a hex can be attacked by any other adjacent base and vice-verse. However attacking a Lattice base from a Hex base can ONLY be done if you have an adjacent link from another Lattice base, the Hex base on the other hand can be counter attacked regardless of the link due to it's adjacency to the Lattice base.
    • Up x 1
  13. elkikko92

I made a better suggestion called macro lattice or something like that on forum.
    In simple the outposts around a facility Will influence a Bar: if is over 70% facility is locked, under unlocked, at zero captured
  14. Lucidius134

So my only issue with hex was particularly that some bases give adjacency that equates to far too much distance.

Look at scarred mesa skydock over to/past peris.

Leopard Wood nursery used to be there and when it was it was still an issue.
  15. Jhonnan Von Meer

great idea but i feel like that ps2 will take a lot of time to fix its problems.
  16. Callyste

Seeing how this topic (and last reply) is from 3 years ago, saying "a lot of time" is quite fitting. :D
  17. Metalsheep

18. Nalothisal

YOU DARE RISE ME FROM THE DEAD!?!?
  19. stalkish

Quite an ironic and humerous necro post tho, considering the idea and thread is now 3 years old and nothing has happened.
    :D
  20. Mechwolf

I haven't played on PC in 2 years... but.. the fights are the same fights... we DO need a change in lattice. I mean I love farming, I love TDM, and I'm getting back into flying... but I understand most players don't want that, and even I like some... more variety in my games. The current lattice has never changed for YEARS, and that has made base pushing (which makes this less of a huge TDM and more of an objective game) very stale.

I would like to have an increase in lattice links at the very least. Esamir has been a continent where the same 3 base fights are inevitable... I mean come on how has there not been a change in years? It's an obvious flaw.