Stupidity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yuki10, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Yuki10

Of the game design... :

1) Find a sythe
    2) put 40 rounds into it from reaver nosegun
    3) watch him turn around and ram you
    4) die in a fiery explosion while he lives
  2. Jawarisin

Its the spikes.. Definetly the spikes...
  3. Yuki10

i wish there was a function to record game footage in PS2. Oh wait, it is there... but broken. Shocker, right?
  4. blackboemmel

still not sure if it's true that scythes have superior ramming-powers, but i have that feeling for a very long time now....
  5. Yuki10

they do. 100%.

I had a FULLY certed reaver with max armor . Not sure what he had, but I've put a better part of the 60 round Mustang clip into him, he rammed me while i was at 100% health. So yes... stupidity of the game design at its best.
  6. blackboemmel

the question is: can the same thing happen to a scythe pilot too? if not = Scythe's ramming powers should at least be explained...
  7. ComradeHavoc

Hitbox maybe? Everything is a disadvantage when you're flying the brick. Damned thing doesn't even have cup holders.
  8. Czarinov

After I read this:

I stopped taking seriously anything you write. For several reasons...

Probably it when down like this:

you spotted a scythe, started flying towards it, spraying your bullets everywhere. When you got close, it realized you were onto him, so he turned around. You then proceeded to fly straight into him without any attempt to slow down. You rammed yourself to death while he lived thanx to PS2 God.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hatesphere

that gods names is lanthánousa.
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

• Up x 1
  11. Onhil

The Schyte is indeed much better at ramming other veichles, but thats because it does not have landing legs.

The bottom of every air veichle has a landing resistance so you don't instatly blow up by landing at something. Then you have the issue that the Schyte's "landing legs" is always active becuase they don't exist giving the Schyte said ground resistance giving it a higher survivability at ramming things compared to other veichles.
  12. Czarinov

holy shi t :D...

now i get the joke...
  13. Alan Kalane

Scythe has natural resistance to bottom collision damage because it has no landing gear.
    It was implemented on purpose so scythe pilots wouldn't always blow up when landing.
  14. Yuki10

I dont care if you take anything seriously, as far as i'm concerns you can take a dump and use your hands to smear it all over yourself and i still wouldn't care about it.

And no - that's not how it went, you must not know how to read after all.

i spoted him, put majority of a clip from above him...because he started to turn and not run - i stayed in hover intending to dogfight, but instead he ABed into me. So you are wrong, get used to it, you will be wrong again.
  15. Czarinov

Your profile is Yuki10, isn't it, or are you a newbie? Do you know that composite armor has no effect on a2a engaments? :)
  16. Yuki10

Did i say anything about him shooting me? You keep failing at that "reading and comprehension" thing they teach in schools.
  17. Czarinov

Oh, so hurt... Nice try at dodging the question.

I wonder what your logic deduction was when you wrote this. Do you even read the description of items or about how damage is dealt between ESFs?
  18. Jamuro

Scythes having superior ramming power is true ... no question about that.
    Altough it's a bit tough to figure out what exactly cases them to survive.

I think the problem with scythes are their front (spikes) and top (the "tiny" scales) ...
    Both have a very small contact surface, which seems from what i ve experienced so far, what causes those issues.

As a rule of thumb, the more surface area you hit, the more damage the ram will cause.
    So for scythes you can only ram them from the bottom, but do it right and you will be the one to survive.

Try it and you ll see that the bottom is actually the only "vulnerable" part of a scythe during a ram