Started using the Lib, planetside 2 is no longer fun.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColonelJayce, Apr 19, 2015.

1. ColonelJayce

I decided to max out my liberator, and start using it, since it's the best vehicle in the game. I'm averaging about 10 - 12 MBT/Lightning/sunderer kills with each life with the shredder and my co pilot. There are very few counters, with the exception of a 2 - 3 man fighter gang bang, or another liberator. The enemy flak is just in vain, since it deals virtually no damage at long ranges (Since its so inaccurate). The key is getting to max height, and staying clear of the center of the battle.

Essentially me and my co pilot just sit above and to the side of the big battles at max height killing any armor (Particularly sundees, which drop in a matter of 20-30 seconds) until another liberator with a tank buster starts aiming at us, which doesn't seem to happen often since most Liberators are solo pilots that try to flank armor.

By the time something kills me, my nanites are already back. Me and my friend just go back to farming more and more vehicles.

We also experimented with the duster, and even though its not very versatile, on our best run we killed somewhere between 20-25 infantry after a few trips back to the landing pad for ammo/repair.

Anyways, the Liberator is just plain OP. The game has gotten stale after just a few days of abusing the Liberator, anyone who denies the Liberator being OP obviously has never flown in one, or they do fly in it, and don't want it nerfed because of that. Either way you can't justify being able to kill 2,000 - 3,000 nanites worth of armor with a 450 nanite Liberator that has no real drawbacks or counters (Other than another liberator or a squad of fighters)
  2. ColonelJayce

We are using the shredder as a primary weapon, and in certain situations the tank buster has provided us some versatility if we for some reason needed it.
  3. Mythologicus

Changed your opinion pretty quick on that one.
    • Up x 2
  4. VaIhall

I'm not even experienced lib pilot i rarely fly it still those very few times that I do I get a ton of vehicle kills. It's so stupidly easy.
  5. Scr1nRusher

please tell me this guy is doing this all as a big joke?

Theres so many things that are incorrect its hilarious.
  6. Inex

Oh come now... I'm sure all those solo Dalton montages come from extremely skilled players. :D
    • Up x 1
  7. Computiverse

To be honest, I dislike the way air and ground interact as a whole; it's not fun for either side. Simply because when there is no or too little AA around, planes can easily farm tanks and infantry alike without worry. It's not fun for the tanks. When there is enough AA around, air is completely denied any chance of killing things. Then it's not fun for the planes. Balancing air while keeping everyone happy is certainly a daunting task, but I believe a few simple changes could be made to help alleviate the problem a bit.
    • Up x 1
  8. ColonelJayce

Who said I changed my opinion? I just found an even more OP weapon than the already OP tank buster. I still use my tank buster in certain situations, but I play my game to stay alive, not to suicide rush all the kills. The shredder is essentially a long ranged tank buster, with slightly less damage.
  9. Inex

People keep saying this like it's true. It takes a ridiculous amount of AA to make a real 'no fly' zone. Don't believe the hype coming from people flying solo above a 96-96.
  10. PKfire

Hey Jayce, Lib vet here. Just wanted to give you my brief two cents on this matter.

You're experience with the Liberator, while not unusual, is probably a little skewed given your timing. A good majority of the ESF pilots and Lib crews who normally prey on ground farmers and battle to maintain balance in the Universe are either on hiatus or playing GTA5, which just released on PC.

Either way, there is imbalance with the Liberator which I feel lies solely with the potency of the TankBuster. While both highly rewarding and gratuitously delightful to use on targets such as yourself, the weapon has been needing a rework for a very long time. In fact, all of the Liberator noseguns have been needing a complete overhaul since the dawn of time itself. This is something that has been discussed to death in the past and its continuation is best left for a time when DBG has the time, energy, and wherewithal to give their PC vehicle community the same amount of care (lol) and attention they have afforded our infantry counterparts.

G'day, carry on.
    • Up x 2
  11. Scr1nRusher

You really don't have experience really using vehicles & aircraft.........

Are you a dev?
  12. Computiverse

I am aware of that, perhaps I should've specified more that I meant towards ESFs, not as much towards libs, which do require significantly more AA to take out.
  13. ComradeHavoc

Truthfully the only problem I have with the lib are AA shredders, and the fact the Tank buster is the best/only viable weapon on the liberator.
  14. Jawarisin

Aw cmon, stats please? Oh wait, you purposefully avoid putting them because you know what we'd find.

bet you havn't killed 1 guy in your liberator. And until you show me proof of otherwise, I'll assume you pulled 200 libs that all crashed in trees. And you now see yourself as a tree-killer feared liberator when in reality, you couldn't even make one leaf fall.

Oh wait... you're bad. There's literally not much else to say to someone trying to hide behind the anonimity wall. You don't have the balls to stand up for yourself.

Had to check it for myself. http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/VaIhall
    You made me laugh like crazy. Hahahaha what a fail... there's just so much I could say, but I'm going to let you ask for it. Because I KNOW you will dare me to pick at your stats, tell you everything that's wrong and why others should laugh at you if they haven't figured it out yet.
    On the flip side, there's the off-chance that you'll not do so, but past experience tells me you won't be able to hold yourself. And the grave will be dug.
  15. Takara

All I just read was someone trying to photoshop their epeen all over the forums. *eyeroll* "This game is stale cuz I'm soo good at this" I play maybe....a few hours a week now. I've had a falling out. The game's luster is long gone in the way they have treated both their customers and their player base and the state this game is still in considering how long it's been out.

But never the less I really don't believe anything you typed up there. I would call it all a load of fantasy unless proven otherwise.
  16. Mythologicus

This just described the Tank Buster.

Is the default knife OP specifically because you can two-hit kill unaware people with it? No, because running up to people brandishing a knife gets you killed.
    • Up x 1
  17. blackboemmel

is it possible for you to make a video showing you doing that? because it simply doesn't work for me like that...