Prowler HE terrible?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jaedong, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Lucidius134

HE needs its reload penalty reduced.

For starters, at the very least.

ASAP.

I wouldn't mind if the splash was slightly reduced in some way for slightly faster RF too. It could be used as an AOE infantry deterrant or to hit clumps of nerds and disperse them. You fire that **** into a room and hit a nerd in the face with it and instantly kill him and hurt his buddies.
  2. day ofm one

How to HE Prowler in 10 steps:

1. Get the max Lockdown rank.
    2. Get the max HE reload speed.
    3. Get 2x zoom optics (thermal is useless)
    4. Find enemy infantry.
    5. Find a safe spot in medium-long distance.
    6. Lock down.
    7. Prepare for hate /tell and /yell
    8. Take aim.
    9. Hold down the firing button.
    10. Certs.

The farm is real if you go on long distance and know your drop.
  3. Jaedong

Thank you for all your replies. Despite the rather... negative things I read about HE, I went ahead and bought it yesterday. I scored around 40 kills and I never believed how hard it is to avoid enemy armor. Pretty much 90 % of the situations I encountered would have been much more comfortable with AP.
    I drove solo on indar with lockdown and wanted to see how useful this is for close quarters against infantry. So I took an outfitmate, gave him a marauder and equipped fire Suppression. He scored quite a number of kills, I did not.
    I guess I will just Need some time to learn picking the right fight for pulling a HE prowler. So far I fought way to many vanguards while using HE.
  4. Lucidius134

IDK if the lockdown will help w/ ****** HE DPS in a tank fight, let alone if Vulcan or Halberd would help offset the DPS different and enable a win or draw w/ an enemy 2/2 MBT might be worth it to experiment.
  5. Goldmonk

Ahh back in the good ole days of sucking.
  6. ComradeHavoc

What's the point of Vanguard HE?
  7. GhostAvatar

HE in general is just bad since the nerf. Honestly, HE is pretty useless and has become a niche weapon of sorts nowadays. In most scenarios you will be better off with alternatives. I wouldn't recommend certing it until you get to the point of certing things just to spend certs (like the Duster).